Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this for real. Street Rodder $30 3 years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Just got an offer for Street Rodder for $30.00 for three years. With a Street Rodder Embroidered Hat.

Any body get this offer, in the snail mail ?

2. MGGeerJr

MGGeerJr

Nope I just got one for $40.00 for 2 years and not hat. What the hell?!?! I guess I can't expect much being a FNG...

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Ya i got the same one and i havent been subscribed for ten years.sounds desperate to me.hey how bout that cheap ass sticker.

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Yeah, DIVCO, I got that in the mail too, went into the recycle box. Still doesn't beat the Hot Rod Magazine offer of a couple of years ago, 36 issues for $10! They lose money but, I guess, boost their circulation numbers so as to attract more advertising. After all Hot Rod and Street Rodder are mostly advertisements anyway!

5. Check the fine print. I just got my R&C and it had a post card insert for $18.97 for two years and in fine print it say plus $ 3.00 yearly handling charge. So 25 bucks, which is still the best money you can spend. A buck an issue. Street Rodder should be the same, a buck an issue. The thing that pisses me off is I got the subscription renewal in the mail and that was $ 29.97 for 2 years. So If you are already a subscriber they charge you more. WTF!!

6. i thought usually the car mags were going for about 12.00 a year... like car craft and such.. street rodder never turned my crank so I never thought of getting a subscription.. and HEY! wait a minute.. why would you want 3 years of $150,000 hotrods, clad with billet everything, 10k paint jobs, and fiberglass body panels? are we gonna have to throw you an "I like billet" outing party?

7. nolly

nolly

2 years ago they were doing St Rodder & R & C for $11 + $3 shipthe pair!! its now $14+ship! $30 for 3yrs sounds good,they're unlikely to go bust!! Since they're all under the Source Interlink banner. Less than a $1 an issue & 3yrs of reading while you 'drop the kids off at the pool'!!:p

8. Don't think you'll find any shiny shit, on this !

Attached Files:

9. George/Maine

George/Maine

I haven,t renewed for a while ,just got offer 3years for $30.
    I,m looking for mags with updateing to fuel injection engine swap know of any out there.

10. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Sweet! Nice ride!:)

11. got the same deal in my email this morning

12. Deuces

Deuces

Too much advertising!! No thanks!

13. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I just got an offer in the mail for 3 years for $89.85. Gee. Thanx. Wayno

14. matt73

matt73
    from va

wait till you see how nice the hat is !! couldnt give it to a homeless guy

15. i got SR + R&C for $45/3yrs at GNRS last year.

16. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Just tossed mine out too, let my sub lapse a few years ago and don't miss it at all, I already know how to bolt stuff together. Gonna let Car Craft lapse too, it's all about the Camaro stuff now, thank god for Hot Rod and R&C.

17. David Chandler

David Chandler

I got the offer too. I let mine die awhile back and really didn't miss it all that much. Too many things built with tons of aftermarket stuff, and billet. Not to mention all of those adds trying to peddle Pinto/Mustang II front ends.

18. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

I just got a deal in the mail yesterday to get Hot Rod for 3 years and a clock for $20 and if I check a box at the bottom I'll get Car Craft too for $10 more...

19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

The clock......lasted 2 months...Used the clear cover for a compressor drip tray...

20. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Car mags are still cheap compared to other hobby magazines.
    I fly giant scale model aircraft and the magazines are $35-$40 a year. The same with gun mags. Smaller circulation so bigger price I guess.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  21. I've subscribed to Street Rodder for years, but have really grown tired of it. Need a good "traditional" hot rod magazine (but low tattoo) that doesn't try to sell the advertisers' stuff as touted by the articles (i.e. infomercials).

Steve

22. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yep, I bought this deal at the Hot Rod Performance show in Indy a few years ago. Thought it was worth the gamble. Been getting both magazines every month for less than 63 cents each ever since. Screaming deal!

23. I got the same deal at Louisville in 2009 - they never sent a single issue of Street Rodder....

JH

24. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

30 for 3 got my attention. I bought it for that price.

25. My hot rod clock is still going strong 2 yrs later

26. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Over here those magazines sell between $9 - $14

Your prices are so cheap! Our local mags are about the $9-$10 range too...

27. Weasel

Weasel

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I gave up subscriptions years ago - printed magazines are soooo 20th century;). I get all the info and fun I need on the HAMB....

28. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I must say while I still buy a couple of magazines, the HAMB certainly is the bulk of my fill!

29. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

At GoodGuys Indy 2 yrs. ago I got 3 yrs. of StreetRodder and Rod n custom for like $40

30. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I say support these magazine titles now. Because even though some say they suck, we will all miss them if they disappear. People will bitch that a product at a mom and pop shop isn't worth the price because Walmart has it cheaper but they are the first one's to cry about the tragedy when another mom and pop shop disappears.