Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage super southern swap meet(ballarat australia)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzybear, Feb 25, 2011.

1. the ballarat swap was on this weekend(actually still on as im writing). its a 2 day event on the last friday and saturday of febuary, its also the biggest swap meet in australia with 2340 sites this year (i know its not as big as some of the ones in the states, but its still bloody tiring if you walk the whole thing in one day. not to mentin doing 3 or 4 trips back across the grounds to pick up parts). anyway i ran out of money on day 1 (planned to go back for day 2) so i thought id put up a few pics i snapped while there and a couple of the stuff i brought home. enjoy.

i had to take a photo of the tin of "genuine nipples" i went back to buy it later on but it was gone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. the bike fuel tank is a ryan for piece (beautiful work)

the roadster parts are to fit a 27 chev which i have been searchin for for a while, he was selling a whole bunch of parts (almost all the external panels for the car) i tryed to buy just the quarters, trunk lid etc. but he wouldnt seperate them and i didnt have enough for the whole lot so after gouing back to annoy him 3 or 4 times i got his phone number. now i just need to scrape up enough money:rolleyes:

the v twin was cut down from a ford small block and he had it running as i walked past.

the old flathead generator was used to run searchlights during ww2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. sorry a few of those pics are out of order.

these last few are of my haul for the wkn:D

trike for my son, 48 front axle, 5 wide 5 drums with mechanical backing plates and spindles, set of lucas headlights have been converted to halogens and a set of drums (he said lincoln zephyr but im clueless on these things so if anyone knows can you help out) any way theyre in really good condition with heaps of metal still on the drums (look like brand new) and a almost new set of linings.

Attached Files:

4. Just got back.
    Had a great time as usual and picked up some good stuff also.
    That Chev roadster panels where there last year! Good luck on the chase :)

5. lol missed them last year he must not be trying too hard to sell em, i gotta go an talk to an old timer here in town 'bout a roadster first then i mite need to get savin:rolleyes:

wat'd you pick up?

6. wat'd you pick up?[/QUOTE]

HA!
    Couple of flathead top loaders.
    Chrome backing plates
    34 front spring
    A 'few' early ford solids
    A medium stack of old chopper magazines.
    and a bunch of other stuff.
    Sold a fair bit too, people are buying :)

7. there seemed to be plenty of empty sites there this year but there were alot of people coming through the gates and most sites seemed to be moving a fair bit of stuff. it was hell trying to drag 2 sets of brake drums and a heavy ass axle across that soft ground on a hand trolley though. and the ute almost got bogged on the way out.

8. Yeah, the ground was strange. I went for a ride on the BMX, but it was too hard.
    there was a kid jumping on a lump near the food stalls and the ground would move a meter away.........ITS ALIVE :)

9. lol the place is built on landfill, its probly all came to the surface with all the recent rain

10. Speaking of missing roadsters. Did you see the 27 T roadster for $1800??? :) It got snapped up by a certain large sideburn sporting hot rodder on Friday :)

11. the one in parts on a trailer? looked fairly complete and ok condition, didnt have a real close look tho. where was your site(wat were you selling)? just wounderin i may have been talkin to you

12. I was on the other side of the dirt road. Selling all sorts. You would have noticed the 32 rear quater panels I had for sale.

13. yeah think i stopped for a look but not a chat. should organise a HAMB meet an greet for next year

14. bump for the aussies. most should be home by now

15. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

Got to walk through all the sites. Picked up a vintage 'Made in Australia' Sidchrome tool chest, Ford badge & a pair of aching calf muscles.

16. they came free with every ticket. lol

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

thanks for the photos. I like seeing what is for sale down there!

18. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

we had a good weekend,sold some crap and bought some crap.
    sold a ratty 34 grill early on for $350.00,found on another site that had just sold it for $650.00,oh well,that's capitalism.
    The blue 34 roadster is a friends car,parked on our site for the weekend,very original old car.
    Tom,did you sell the 32 quaters?

cheers,thommo.

19. You guys made my weekend selling me those chome backing plates, thanks again.
    Nah didnt sell them, thankfully.........i have plans for them now.

20. Missed out this year. been laid up crook, heading to the states in the next few weeks though to have a dig and see what comes up

21. hope nothin too serious. when i win the lottery im off to the states to waste it all on car parts:D

22. fat57

fat57

BIG weekend need sleep

23. SixFive

SixFive

Plus the old bloke let the handsome new owner mix'n'match all the best panels he had:D

The more I look at that roadster, the better it gets. Work has begun, catch it at the reliability run haha

24. dont forget the build thread with lots of photos. what style you goin for?

25. striper

striper

Wow! Green grass at the Ballarat swap. Sorry I missed that

26. 28downunder

28downunder

Saw alot of closed car a cowls in various states of decay, no open ones tho (after a 28 roadster cowl). been to bendigo a number of times and i thought that was big...as they say you aint seen nothing yet

27. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

grass was good,mozzies were bad !!!

28. heres what i bought.
    Al.

Attached Files:

29. tysond

tysond

I had a great day Friday. I got an early F-100 column and box, An SJ Brown 2 piece flathead intake, '36 spare wheel cover, plus a few small bits and pieces.

30. sideshowrob

sideshowrob
    from australia

had a good time, picked up a set of 38 flathead heads, and a few bit and bobs, good times....