Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see if Choppa can save this Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choppa Hanee, Feb 27, 2011.

1. I found this body sitting on a trailer about 2 miles from my house here in Queen Creek AZ. I was coming home from dinner with the wife and spotted it out of the corner of my eye, I told my wife "turn around" I think I just saw a tudor, sure enough it was a ford, 30/31 Tudor. I drove by every chance I could. Finally someone was home, he was a crotchety ol guy. After a couple days of bugging him and a lot of Bud Light, he finally sold it to me. His name was Phil Spangler, he had just bought the house and property and moved the body from his other property. I brought him over to my house to show him what I had and he wanted to trade for everything I had. I had an old model A frame he wanted so we traded and I gave him some cash and now I got it. What was I thinking:eek:. I have since rounded up all the patch panels (basically the entire lower 6 inches of the body) I do have a few ideas for the car: definitely a big chop, some wild color paint and black wheels and tires, for power I am thinking of a nailhead (I have a few of them) or maybe an early caddy with a 4/5 speed behind it. I think a 9 inch rear would be cool. I just bought my wife a industrial sewing machine so a vinyl tuck and roll interior is in order. Can I save it??? I do not know it's pretty rough, what have I got to loose right? follow along as I try:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see I started with the drivers door, It needed the lower outer and inner panels. cut out the old and weld in the new warping as I go:D. I also did a little work on the windshield posts and the a pillars. I need a passenger door if anyone has one let me know, I think the one on the body is really to far gone it needs the lower and the whole top side is rusted.
    I'll post more as time permits. I am a firefighter so this is not my job and I do not have the funds to pay someone else to do this but it is a hobby that I am really beginning to love. If you have ideas or comments or just want to tell me how stupid I am please feel free too;)

2. Throttlehead250

Throttlehead250
    from Houston TX

easy save! you got that!