Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blood Sweat and Gears II VLV alternative in NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gonowhere, Mar 8, 2005.

1. gonowhere

gonowhere

Hey all, it's getting close, so I wanted to remind everyone about Blood, Sweat and Gears II, the car show our club, Vendettas CC throws every year here in Raleigh NC. This year, all profits will go directly to our friend and club member Shannon Lamm, who is battling testicular cancer. Same day as VLV for the east coast folks that can't make it out(actually, if we'd checked last year, we would have made it a different date, but we messed up...lesson learned). Here is the info...

Blood, Sweat and Gears II
    Saturday March 26, 2005 @ King's
    Raleigh, NC

Friday Preparty

The preparty will be held at Slim's the Friday before the show.
    Admission is four bucks and beer is cheap. So get there.

Slim's Downtown Distillery
    2275 Wilmington St.
    Raleigh, NC, 27601
    (919)833-6557

Friday Bands:
    Straight 8's
    The Marauders

Saturday Bands

Rocket 350
    4 On The Floor
    The Marauders
    The Spooks
    Top Dead Center
    The Antagonizers
    Straight 8's
    Hearts and Daggers
    The Semantics

Admission

Only $8 to enter a vehicle in the show, and this includes free admission to the club.
    Admission is $10 to those without vehicles, and all ages are welcome.
    The car show will be from noon til 4pm, awards and door prizes inside Kings and then bands until 2AM.

Door Prizes

There will be a door prize raffle for those with paid entry.
    Additional raffle tickets will be for sale during the car show.
    Door Prizes will be chosen at random.

Participating Vendors:
    Deno's Duds
    Ms. Metal
    more to come...

(contact Jay or Johnny if you would like to vend)

Awards

The car show is open to pre 1967 American made cars, trucks, hot rods and kustoms.
    Awards will be voted on by the Vendettas car club.

Awards
    Vendettas choice
    Farthest driven
    Best Engine
    Best Beater
    Club Participation

Bike show...All Customs,Classics,Choppers and Scooters are welcome.

Awards for the Bike show-
    Vendettas choice
    SAE Bike
    Metric Bike

Hotels

Red Roof Inn
    1813 S.Saunders St. Raleigh...919-833-6005 $52.99/night + tax 2.5 miles from show

Days Inn
    300 N Dawson St. Raleigh...919-828-9081 $63/night + tax .8 miles from show

Innkeeper
    2541 S.Saunders St. Raleigh...919-821-0521 $49.99/night + tax 2.2 miles from show

Clarion Hotel
    320 Hillsborough St. Raleigh...919-832-0501 $89/night + Tax .5 miles from show

Sheraton Capital Center
    421 S.Salisbury St. Raleigh...919-834-9900 $79/night + tax .1 miles from show(you could leave your car in the show parking lot and walk)

Contact

Jay 919-833-2751
    or
    Johnny 919-623-0368
    for any info or check out www.vendettascarclub.com
    for venue info www.kingsbarcade.com

PM me with any questions, comments, love or hate mail-Jay

2. wish I could go. any way good luck to Shannon. I dig that Ranchero of his.

3. gonowhere

gonowhere

Thanks from Shannon...too bad the El Camino can't make it down..pics look sweet.

4. caddyman65

caddyman65

BTTT, this is a fun show not to be missed if you can help it!

5. Gary from rocket 350 was talking about it last weekend, gotta see what i can figure out for the weekend....
    could be fun...

6. murph

murph

Blood, Sweat, and Gears was the only show I made it to last year (not counting cruise nights). The reason? It was so unlike any area show that I didn't even want to hit any others afterwards. Seriously. Cool cars, cool people, COLD beer across the street at Kings... Hehe. And putting it on in downtown Raleigh only added to the vibe... no shopping center parking lots for miles!

The Vendettas really put on a top-notch show for their first attempt... and this year looks to be even bigger and better. Hopefully Igor will be back pulling lines, and the line-up of live music looks awesome. Jay also mentioned that the new restaurant in the old Vertigo Diner location (next door to Kings) has changed the menu to include real blue plate specials and prices to match.

I can't say enough about how cool this show was. If you're within driving distance, you owe it to yourself to load up some friends and head to Raleigh for BS&G II. It's been on my calendar since before last year's show even ended. LOL

Oh, and for a small taste of some of the rods and customs in attendance last year, here's the view from a neighboring parking garage. Bonus points if you can spot Zman's truck, Fatass' Buick, Caddyman65's Caddy, and Reece's roof (LOL). Okay, so there's only one truck in the picture. Instead, see if you can spot Igor's fender. (Very cool wagon, but I think he recently sold it)

[​IMG]

7. gonowhere

gonowhere

Thanks for the plug Murph...the parking lot looks so empty in that shot...was it early in the day?

8. If the creek don't rise I may jusy show up for that show. I reckon the old Hup will make it that far.

9. tid

tid

only losers goto BS&G II

10. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

HEY, that's a cool picture. I wonder if I was asleep in the car, yet.

11. gonowhere

gonowhere

Looks like it was about 11:30 am, so your ass was probably passed out in the backseat....or disowning Teresa for locking the keys in the car, lol, or playing grab ass in the bar with Mike, like a damn homo. You coming up for this Tid? You gonna have the chevy wired in time, lol?

12. reece

reece
    from NC

I will definitely be there if you guys promise not to cut my car in half when we do the group photo...

I plan on dressing the car up a little for this show- last year she looked a little rough. A fresh coat of paint/primer( not sure which yet) and reattaching the front bumper should make a difference. Having a week off to prepare (spring break) should allow for major improvements.

24 Model T coupe progress is being made! - prepare for a "replacing wood with steel tech article in the near future.............

Later -Reece

13. tid

tid

I dunno if or the 55 will make it. I got some friends who say they will help with the wiring next week, but i gotta pull the tranny too and throw in the spare. My SAV friends are abandoning me and heading out to VLV, plus I have to be in the ATL on Monday the 28th.

Right now its a definite maybe.

14. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

This looks like a show my car can make it to at the state it's in right now...

Add me to the definite maybe list as well.

15. gonowhere

gonowhere

Hup, hope you can make it out.....Tid, all the ATL people will be there, so hitch a ride with them to ATL on Sunday...Joe, how are you, used to chat on the HRW message board a little...hope you and some of the Rumblers guys can make it. Tell Bobeats and Roger that Jay from NC said hey. Bill, cand wait to see the impala with some fresh paint. Trying to do some body work and repaint my chevy before the show. Did I mention we are getting magazine coverage this year?

16. tid

tid

that would be great but i have someone else from work coming to the meeting in ATL so gotta head back to the SAV and pick him up

17. gonowhere

gonowhere

This weekend...anyone coming?

18. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

me and the wife will be up there visiting her parents for the weekend, we'll probaly come check things out. Good way for me to escape the in-laws.....

If I can get a transmission for the 53 I might drive it up, it's only a two speed right now.:mad:

19. gonowhere

gonowhere

Sounds good Justin...hope to see you there.

20. murph

murph

Definitely gearing up for Saturday (no pun intended). Hope to finally meet the newlyweds - Mr. and Mrs. Switchblade. Hehe. (Funny, cuz we'll be in Monroe the following day). It's gonna be a great time, so HAMBers spread the word and get to Raleigh!

-murph

21. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Yeah, we'll be in raliegh from friday until probaly monday, I'll try to talk katie into going to the shindig friday night too, at least for a bit. The 53 won't be making it though, probaly going to have to wait until next month to get a new tranny since I have to buy lots of equipment for the shop (hitting up Harbour Freight while I'm in Raleigh)....too much to do. Looking forward to meeting some more Hambers.

22. HeX

HeX

bttt.....

I can't believe that there are no more responses than this.... Hopefully people are coming but not saying so on this thread.....

This is a small show that is looking to grow... not get comercial... just get bigger......

This show caters to "traditional" hotrods and customs....

There are a lot of really good bands... of all genre's....

The proceeds (if there are any) go to a REALLY GOOD CAUSE...

The entrance fee for cars might as well be FREE (you really pay to see the bands)...

There are gonna be a lot of great vendors...

There's gonna be a small swap meet....

It is a lot closer than a lot of other shows including those on the East Coast...

Man, I don't get it....... All I can say is if you miss the show it's your loss! We tried to get you guys to come.....

Tim

23. luckystiff

luckystiff

i gotta miss it again this year. i've got a deal on not one but two different bikes that fell in my lap. the bank account is bleeding. between that and i'm still trying to get the nailhead built before hrw(only an hour away from me). don't know how i'll get 2 bikes and a car to hrw but i've got a few months to figure that out. i've got a comitment that night in charlotte to so. doing all that on a zero budget isn't possible. i hope alot of folks show. there will be a good showing of Howlers there. talked to greg the other night about it he's going and Igor will be there as will several other va guys. hope you guys have a blast...ken....

24. HeX

HeX

Sorry to hear that you're gonna miss the show... I'm sure I'll see you at HRW.

Tim

25. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Ken never goes to anything!:p

C'mon, we're going broke on this new shop and all the equipment and we're STILL going! fucker. You need to come down when we "offically" open the place. 3/4 of the place is a motorcycle shop, the other 1/4 is MINE for cool shit to happen in. PM me.....

26. gonowhere

gonowhere

Hey Ken, too bad you can't make it. If it makes you feel any better, we are hosting the car show at HRW too.

27. HeX

HeX

bttt.............. Last ditch effort before the show.................

28. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

btt again......I think I've got the ol lady talked into coming to the shindig friday night too. We'll see tomorrow!