Register now to get rid of these ads!

desoto chop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratcaddy65, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

ok so i got a 4 door 54 desoto i got the whole thing bagged finally and im in the process of cleaning up the cheese the guy who built it made and im shaving all the trim and plan on suiciding the back doors im building the family rod well ive been looking at it and i just cant decide if i should chop or not i dont want to chop just for the sake of choping it i want to make a smooth family ride was wondering if anybody has done it i have only seen one pic of one but still left me undecided here is a old pic of it my garage is to dark to get a recent pic it is now no trim or rocker covers or flame throwers also got stock caps no more red wheels keep in mind im transforming it from rr to custom so i want i clean look any imput is appreciated and yea i know its alot of work for a more door

ps if anyone has photoshop and is bored please have at it thanks

Attached Files:

2. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

More door or not I say chop it. If ur going for that family cruiser custom look just do a 3 inch chop. It'll give that nice low profile and will show it's more than a regular custom

3. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Looks pretty rad the way it is.

4. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

5. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

Thats kinda the kick in the ass i needed thanks

6. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I think a chop would be cool, and I think it needs a hood as well, but thats just my taste. Here's a real quick photoshop of a mild chop, also shaved some of the 1/4 panel trim and extended the trim on the side. Changed the red wheels to black as well.

I chopped it more in the back, than the front. Not sure if its looks better like that or if it would look better chopped evenly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  7. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

i like the chop i started marking it out gonna go 3 in front 4 in back i have the hood but im going to put a chrysler hood to get rid of the stock scoop and lip on the hood