Register now to get rid of these ads!

"project jumping"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pug man, Feb 26, 2011.

1. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Ok guys who is guilty of jumping from one project to another and another and another etc. etccccccc... WHY DO WE DO THIS?:confused:

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I often work on 3 at a time. Keeps me interested.

3. havi

havi

I got 4 going on at once. If I need a part for one, I'll work on another until I find the part for the other. It all just keeps going in circles. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

4. I got two going at once, but I like the build part.

5. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I'm getting dizzy going in circles myself havi.....

6. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

I have what they call "SUPER" ADD....

7. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I don't know about "SUPER" ADD Hotrodhell but i think we all have some form of ADD...

8. smittystoys

smittystoys

I work on several at the same time, plus help my son and my dad with there projects .My problem is having the funds to work on all of them at the same time. Its funny how you can allways find the money somehow when you find a good enough deal on a hot rod part or a good car though. My son and my dad drug a cool 50 merc home today.

9. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Lets see some pics!

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

of ????

11. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

The merc smittystoys is talking about

12. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

13. cretin

cretin

I've got 4 projects goin on at home, and a whole bunch more at work. It's part of the sickness.

14. gtkane

gtkane

If I diddn't take on other peoples projects, I couldn't afford to build my own!(now, if only I could find the time...)

15. robleticia

robleticia

I call it automotive A.D.D.

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

how about that 32 5 window of yours for starters;)

17. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Until recently I've had the problem that, while the Morris Minor is first in the queue, the '31 was getting all my attention. I've now had something of a breakthrough with my thinking around the Morris, though, and as I've actually got a physical car on which to take measurements etc., things are proceeding apace - given that both projects are very much in the detail-design phase.

The '31 continues to represent my ideal, my dream car. It'll never be out of my thoughts for long.

18. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Thats an urban myth

19. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

If you have a penis you tend to pile stuff on all horizontal surfaces and display traits of ADHD.

20. I have been guilty of having more than one project going together at a time but in the past year I have really tried to stay focused on the wagon,,but with every project you sometimes need a break whether it's waiting on a part,chrome,the upholstery guy or glass,,or the cash to make things happen.

I am at that point right now and I could find some odd things to do to the car that doesn't require any of the items mentioned above but,,,

I'm kinda burnt out at the moment with the wagon,,heck I have been working on it on and off for 8 years now and I keep eying the coupe and thinking I have most of the parts and I could,,well,,you guys know where this is going.

To date I haven't pulled the coupe out of storage and rolled it in the shop but don't put it past me,,resist,,I must resist,,I need to get the wagon finished so I can finally get to work on another dream! :rolleyes::D HRP

21. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have 2 projects and while I work on my A sedan most of the time I think and plan on the 34 pickup. Then when I need a break on the A, I will hit the 34 a little. Helps keep me from getting burned out on the A.

22. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If I only had the money and the crew that the TV shows have, I'd be fine but in my little world it takes me too long to build my passion. I run out of money or time before I fall in love with another dream. I'm in love with my 56 Ford as we speak but if a good deal came along on a 49 Olds coupe, I'd get very nervous and might be forced to rearrange things.:D

In Viet Nam the girls called us "butterflies"

23. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I only have 2 project cars going now along with a mountian of parts for them (I'm thinking of getting on that show "Hoarders"). But I also have 2 Harleys to keep busy with. I just retired and have all my tool boxes in the garage now. I have 2 little paths to manuver thru in the garage. Cant get to the 57.

24. toolman1967

toolman1967

GUILTY!

1941 Chevy truck
    1949 Ford F1
    1977 Hondamatic Cafe
    1976 Gold Wing Cafe
    1965 Harley
    Garage addition, 22x24 two story

25. In the past I've been guilty of this and it only led to me getting discouraged due to lack of time and fundage...I wouldn't get much done on either one! I finally saw the light and made a commitment to stick with my 34 five window 'till it was on the road....no other car projects!
    Then I found that cute lilttle Lloyd sedan for sale somewhere in Michigan and had to have it!
    Cost me a grand of my coveted 34 money to buy it and have it transported to me and I hid it behind my privacy fence next to the garage.
    I've been strong...haven't actually bought one single part for the Lloyd.
    Ok, ok, ok....so I did keep all my smallblock chevy stuff I was planning to swapmeet for 34 money. I see a full frame and killer 301 sbc, 5 speed in the Lloyd with my narrow dana 44 posi mailjeep rear axle but NOT 'till the 34 us under it's own power.

Attached Files:

26. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

OK Rocky you are not going to touch the Lloyd till the 34 is under it's own power. LIAR LIAR!!!! haha That thing is just to "TEMPTING" to not do something to it. Can't you just hear it "SCREAMING" for that full frame and killer 301 sbc with the 5 speed and dana 44 under it? Too freaking cool, I love it!!!!

27. MODELA30

MODELA30

I have 3 projects buy parts for one then while waiting for parts jump on the other and that is when money is available. Hold on i have to go have a honey do list i have to work on. Knuck from indiana.

Attached Files:

28. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I think i have A.D.D/O.C.D im working on a 36 5 window,40 chev truck,48 panhead,and a krate schwinn for my boy...

29. olds vroom

olds vroom

I work on mine all winter as its still in the build process and in the garage,while my wifes ride is wrapped up in the yard for winter. And have to work on hers all summer to keep it going and keep her happy.while mine sits waiting but hope to bring it out this year .

30. Gigantor

Gigantor

After years of trying to juggle multiple projects, I am trying out a new philosophy and turning over a new leaf.
    Instead of bringing home orphan projects I am passing them on down the road and have even sold off most of my other projects and parts. I still have a few big things (engines) to let go of, but it feels kind of good to focus all of my resources on the roadster. Keeps me focused. I hope I don't ever get burnt out on it. It's impossible to even contemplate right now.
    Maybe when I finally make up my mind on the engine choice I will sell the others off... but they are small compared to a car and can be tucked away for future use... ;)