Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 33 chevy Build update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Feb 18, 2011.

1. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Well I have not been asleep I just lost my camera. Since the last episode I put my taillights in that Bob Drake stuff is nice stuff !Then inspired me to do my headlights and shock brackets. Then came the spreader bars also the door reinforcements and I said that would post some pics of the dash it came out of duece and quarter millitary truck this weekend I hope to finish my rear apron front floors. What do you think about this chevy !!:D

P.S Jim Sibley is my hero !!

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. I fuckin' dig it! ( but you knew that already!)
    Rock on rocker!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. hasty

hasty

Looks great, since you ask!
    Will you keep those wheels/tires?

4. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Good lookin car

5. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks fellows Hasty I have some more wheels that are the same as the fronts but 2 have been widened and I am going to plate them they are 16x4.5 and 16x8. I also have a set of jumbo general artilery wheels. I hope to put them on my car as soon as I paint it and yes these are my tires that I will use it should be getting a 59 impala steering collum and wheel tomorrow !

P.S. Jim Sibley is my hero !

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  6. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Choice move on the 2 1/4 Dash!

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks this car has been fun to build because with a chevy a lot of head scatching has to be done all the wood was gone and I had to figure how to do something kinda diffrent but that was what they could have done in the 50's and I am just a tight wad no it was just a natural choice for this car it came with stewart waner gauges but the speedo only went to 60. that would not work because I will do that in 1'st gear !:eek:

P.S Jim Sibley is my hero !

8. kisam

kisam

Terry,
    Can't wait to see the car in person! Are you going to make it to LSRU? One minute I am saying "sure I will" and the next I'm saying "no way"!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Kathy I am giving it hell, but there is squirel down at the Conroe swap meet I wanna see My 320 pound baby brother are comming down today I will be leaving the house in about 20 minutes I do not think the chevy will have any paint or interior but if you dont set deadlines its hard to get motivated .My car building buddy has been out of town for 2 months but he's back and old rpu 28 could not grasp how much I did in 2 months we are gonna hammer on it . But I have a boiler in old Miss. that I may have to move it , damb work thing ! I will be the guy with my anger management class pisses me off shirt at the swap meet .Gonna see if I can find a wirring harness and some other bits and pieces . Keep on gettting after that Tuffy if we dont make the Round Up in the coupe we will bring the truck but we are still going to see our friends and share war stories:D

10. kisam

kisam

Sounds like the swap meet may get interesting. 320 lbs? Jeez your Moma must be a good cook!

11. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

No conflict just a bunch of race car shit ! but I found some moon disc's and I broke down and realy spent some money classic chevy was there and they have new 15'' 55 belair wheel it followed me home !! no little brother was 6'2 when he was 14 now at 46 he's just a big old boy and good at packing parts :D

12. TomH

TomH

I like it!!!! You don't say but it looks like you using a `32 Ford frame and that is what makes it look so good. I have said this on this board before, FENDER LESS Chevys with Chevy frame “suck”. ( I’m sure I’m going to piss off some one ) Ford frames follow the contour of the body and that what gives it the look. And if you channel the car the Ford frame works good too letting the floor drop in-between the rails giving room for a seat. IMHO the transverse or 1/4 elliptic spring clean up the look, no parallel leafs sticking out the front or the back. Looking forward to seeing this one on the road!!

13. DMFB

DMFB

When the hell is this thing going to be breathing fire anyway? I keep waiting to see burn out pics. You are slackin, you and that "little-er" brother of yours could build a SEMA car in six days.....I hear the seventh day is for rest, hahahaha. Seriously, good job Terry. I would say I am impressed, but I am not. This is the quality everyone expects from you. ;)

P.S. A couple buddies of mine down here are Road Devils...apparently met you and Conner couple years back. Small fucking world.

14. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

I still like looking at your car. Thumbs up brother!!

15. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

DMFB rown I could not take it anymore everyone and there cool hotrods. So I said fuck it and jumped in with both feet some of the locals got injured in the storm !! We had some fun poor old Steven was gone 2 months and we put it together while he was M.I.A We are jamming to get it to go to the Round Up come see us dude !!

16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey TomH the frame was a set of american stamping rails streched 5". The only ford part in my chassis is the model A rear cross member .The old chevy is channeled 3" over the duece frame and the body is contoured to match . We live in a world of mixed marriages this one is ford chevy and chrysler !!. But I was thinking thats what Hot Rods are The best of many and faster than any !!

Attached Files:

17. ratster

ratster

18. Ghost28

Ghost28

The car looks real good, and ya gotta love those Hemis.

Attached Files:

19. TomH

TomH

20. Great lookin' Chevy! Keep the updates coming.

21. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

No Tom I did it in the rear !

Attached Files:

22. TomH

TomH

Terry, Thanks for the info and the pics to back it up. The reason I was thinkin' the front was to get the Hemi in.

23. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

TomH its realy hard to see but I mocked the frame and set the body on and set the engine in as close to the firewall as I could and leave fan room and thats how it all was done! then I determined that then I needed 5 more inches of wheel base to make the thing fit right . My chevy coupe is a mercury series which was a 107"now its 111" if you want know anything let me know !!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  24. blown33coupe

blown33coupe
    from Tulsa

Thanks Terry for sharing info on this bad ass ride

25. TomH

TomH

Hey Terry, not to be dick but it's a 107 wheel base. You probably know this, the Mercury was a late intro in `33 and turned into the standard in `34-`35. Made a 3 window coupe and a two door sedan in `33, added a 4 door in `34 and `35. IMO when running fenders the Mercury and Standard are better looking cars than the Eagle or Master series of the same years. The Master fenders are larger and what I refer to as puffer where the std are smaller and sleeker. The grill on the master is one and a half inches taller than std . Keep in mind the `35 master is a completely different car, looks more like the `36.

Do you have the hood for your `33? I have never seen in person a `33 merc hood, probably cause of the low production numbers.

Looking forward to you posting more pics to this thread as you progress.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  26. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

No Tom H no hood but I have a 32 center hidge I am just gonna have hood top and I will punch it full of louvers too . Me and steve built ane inner deck lid support tonite and some metal door post. tommorow it gets some bear claw latches in the doors. Thanks for the infromation

27. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Terry, what are your measurements for dimension "A" & "B" in the attached photo? This portion is missing from my '34 3W and going to patch in some quarters from a '33 5W.

Attached Files:

28. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Kreepea I will get you those measurements today 1st I have to do a little ceremonial ass kissing opp's I meant I have to move furniture for moma iknow where my check book is buttered ! naw moma said I could go to the shop when I finish my chores. I stayed out till 2 am welding my new door post in I have enough wood on the shop floor for a small bonfire I will post some new pics today not much glory in this work but it has to be done .Bear claw latches or on the list today.Hey on a chevy a small air saw is the shit's taking wood out !!

29. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Thanks! I'll tackle what wood is left after I get the quarters in. I'll pick up an air saw this week when I go out for some more sheet metal clamps.

30. Pete

Pete

Def. the best looking early Chevy Hot Rod Ive seen! Looks great!

Pete-