Register now to get rid of these ads!

An OT hotrod? The 1909 Morgan Threewheeler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poboyross, Feb 26, 2011.

1. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I saw this over at Wired.com tonight...thought some folks may enjoy it. The original was built in 1909, and now the company is revisiting the design and re-releasing it to the public. Check it out!

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/02/morgan-3-wheeler/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a few more pics at Wired, and it may not be everyone's cup of tea...but I thought it was pretty rad for what it is!

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not bad, looks more like a mid 1930's trike and I guess you could get used to the roll bars. The originals had a throttle that was hand controled from the steering wheel, looks like ther corrected that setup. Thanks for the post.

3. crazy lookin little jigger! cool though

4. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It's very cool, but looks like a 30's Morgan not a 1909... I would love to drive one!

(1909)

[​IMG]

(1932)

[​IMG]

5. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

to bad the steering wheel is on the wrong side LOL

6. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

7. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

They have a corrective surgery for that now!

LaidoutRivi63, if you put these tags [ YT ] on a you tube videos address it embeds it here. (use the last part of the address after the =)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  8. conormulroney

conormulroney

Those are cool cars. My Dad has a ''28 and a '33, The '33 has been in pieces since shorty after I first drove it in the late 70's and the '28 has been converted to a 4 wheel rear axle. It also runs a Harley panhead motor up front.

9. love it typical morgan and still all hand built even after 100 yrs

10. I personally would like to own a 3 wheeled Morgan. I don't recall seeing an old one like that with an exposed V-Twin. That's pretty cool. OT or not, and maybe it isn't OT at all just different. I sure wouldn't want to make that call and have everyone miss out on something as cool as that.