Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Pickers just picked my buddy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29sportcoupe, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Met Mike and Frank and the American Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA. Really great guys. They have a job that we all dream about. Congrats on spending the day with them. Looks like you and your daughter has a blast!

2. YEP. A show with no blood, guts, corpses, autopsies, rapes, incest, child abuse, graphic sex.

3. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

OK show,
    once you see three episodes, you have kind of seen it all.

As far as what they pay people, as is condition get's as is prices.
    If you want retail prices, get it out, clean it up, and present it to your market.

No one is gonna drive out in the boondocks and pay top dollar unless it is a 32,33,or 34 Ford.

4. harp

harp

cool show!! watch it all the time with the whole family. not many shows can attract the whole family like this one

5. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

yup,sarchasim! ..i was trying to be funny and a lil more 'hardcore' than the people that say they dont watch TV...even though we are all on the internet! :D

6. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

That's why it made me laugh

7. seatex

seatex

I f you gotta' watch the Boob Tube, and there's no Boobs, on, Pickers is purdy sweet!

8. CRguy

CRguy
    from SW WA

I always enjoy watching the show. I know a lot of it is staged for TV, but so what. Like others have said, it's good clean entertainment and you get to see some interesting stuff.

Mel ;)

9. five7vette

five7vette

Those guys have screwed alot of things up for people that hit the back alleys and roads trying to buy stuff. I just bought a Diamond 760 porcelain sign the other night and had to pay dear for it because of those morons. Antique Roadshow was bad these guys have made it worse for buyers.

10. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

How many days does this show as today posting ????

11. phat rat

phat rat

Today is 12.01 a.m. to 11.59 p.m.

12. skullhat

skullhat

i think its a pretty cool show, cool to check out the stuff that they find......i do think you f--ked up not getting a pic of the hot camera chick though

skull

13. jinxd

jinxd
    from ohio

Looks like you had a great day. I retired last year. My best bud retired a few years prior. We went to school together, doubled dated, worked together til we retired, go to church together and have planned a trip this year in his motor home along with the wives, to imitate the "Pickers". We love the show. I really don't care how much they make. They work for it. :)

14. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

I like the show- never know what you are going to see next which is a treat far as i'm concerned. and i agree danny is easy on the eyes.

15. You want them to wait until the eBay auction closes like the rest of us, then?

16. You can catch all of that on the 6 oclock news.:eek:

17. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

i watch the show with my 9 year old daughter, im glad she is interested in the old stuff, maybe she'll carry on a dying tradition. i love the fact that unless its a whole car and not parts they dont even look at it. i do have to call bullshit on some of the stuff they show, like the fairlane they bought and had $12,000 in that obviously still needed quarters put on it and thier "expert" said it was worth $15,000. and who pays $4,000 for a tune up and brake job?? we'll still watch the show though, nothin else on but crap.

18. glassguy

glassguy

haha i thought the same thing.. i wish i was there mechanic.. i would have done it for 3900.00 !!!! still think its a great show..

19. Johnny99

Johnny99

It's one of two shows my kid, the wife, and myself can gather around the TV and have a little fun with. A little to reality show ish at times ;) oh well, its still fun. Gets my 13 year old boy interested in some cool old stuff. Even some of their "retail" prices on the tin signs they end up with are a pretty good deal compared with what they go for in my neck of the woods.
    John

20. Why would you complain about that?? They are just leaving more for guys like us that actually give a shit about model A's.

21. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

So she came to your garage sale too?, dang granny gets around! :D
    To stay on topic.. looks and sounds like ya'll had a good time!

22. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

So they bought 3 gas pumps you have been trying to buy from your buddy for years, and they got them cheap. Sounds like you need new buddies.

23. That's what the producer of the show does - foots the bill. If it were not profitable for him to do so (commercials, syndication, residuals, etc), you would not be watching the show at all.

24. olpaul

olpaul

Did they know what "R" code meant? I enjoy the show, especially the lady back at the office. They come up with some good stuff.

25. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

Yep they got the gas pumps but I never really pushed the issue. Just asked about them a lot. I did buy one from my friend but it was newer than the three they got. I know he sold stuff just to make the show. I have plenty of junk but always want more. I have bought a bunch of great stuff from my friend. A 1917 willys rolling chassis, a 69 Camaro Z10 "pace car" 65 chevy short bed made into a trailer that is really straight and will go on a future project that I have yet to buy. Several old pump oil tanks, signs, really old coke cooler and a 50 frig I will soon own.

I have known him since 84 so we are all good, since I have known him he has had a 33 Vicky, 33 ford pick up, 63 galaxy R code, Shelby KR500 convertible, 66 Galaxy R code, plus a few I am forgetting. A real car guy. He has a 53 flathead I am getting and a Y block sitting in an old truck. Oh if only I had more space and money!

26. Mint Julep

Mint Julep

had a guy who know's em tell me they make 30-thousand an episode. (that's 30-thousand each)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.