Register now to get rid of these ads!

The new project 1952 Ford Pickem up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1bdsinner, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Nice truck. I have a 51 F-1 myself. Mines also a 5 star. I always wanted to lower mine, but just can't bring myself to do it...it only has 50,000 miles on it and drives too nice :D Makes for a good parts runnin rig, though!
    Keep up the good work!

[​IMG]

2. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Updated pics had to swap the cab but got it bolted down and back to reinstalling wiring harness and all interior crap,guages etc..

Attached Files:

3. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Can someone photoshop some tru spokes on my trk? 15's I found a set of reversed 15's and wnna see if I like them before buing them. anyone?

Attached Files:

4. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

nice looking truck, keep up the good work, makes mine look even worse!

5. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Been a while since ny updates. stops,steers,runs,cools just needs drive shaft but that will be after i get started on interior and carpet... It is not full paint or even finished body work but hey I am on a budget with a new house and taking care of my kids.. @ first I could not figure out a color so I figured what the hell? I love my Harleys and my hot rods so why not a harley shop truck? I am looking for some pictures of Harley Davidson Logo's from 1952. Thanks Ol'Sol for pinstriping my truck he is one hell of a guy.. He said give my slant 6 a tune up and we call it good.. wow who wouldve passed that up?

Attached Files:

6. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

OOps forgot to upload these ones too

Attached Files:

7. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

8. fiddydeuce

fiddydeuce

I also want to low[​IMG]er my 52 ford truck but just have not got the stuff to do it yet.

9. fiddydeuce

fiddydeuce

I have put letters on the door and had some pinstriping seens this picture.

10. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

This is my 51, I am running a Volare with FatMan dropped spindles. Rides nice at that height.

Attached Files:

11. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

@Sanford your truck is one of the trucks that gave me some insperation for mine. between your truck and that white one with blue scallops that says Relic on door... But Harleys are a big part of my life too so i am going for a Harley Davidson shop truck style I just need to find a good 50's harley logo. I am runing a 74 nova subframe as a budget was in order... and I scored the whole nova for hundy :)..next is upholstry so show me some pics boys on what you have!. I am thinking big diamond tuck black so it matches with everything...

12. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

View attachment 1016089 1bdsinner,
    A vintage HD logo would be cool, it sounds like ur on your way. I have a Mexican Sarape for my upholstery with imitation black pleather, i found at a factory in Guadalajara Mexico that had some colors that went with the trucks color (Sanford Red mix) My seat is a Ford Ranger seat on a '90 Chevy pu seat frame narrowed a few inches. It bolts right to the 80's ranger seat. I attached some interior and engine pics . Best of luck with your project! PS i'm looking for a 51/52 rear bumper!:cool:

Attached Files:

13. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

1bdsinner,
    Ooops forgot this pic of my dash! Thats one of those 15" Lecara wheels that usually has that goofy horn ring around the center, I put a Model A hubcap in the center. The column is a chevy van shortened 2", the tilt lays right in your lap for long distance driving!:cool:

Attached Files:

14. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I really miss my 52. When my mine was all said and done I was able to use a Pepsi can to measure. It'll settle.:D:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later, Bill

15. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Thanks sanford I am really diggin that interior light! lol . Yeah I had to put the truck off for 1.5 but getting back to it feels good.. Drive shaft and interior next. I will not let it hit the road lookin like shit. lol

16. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Well it has been a while since I posted some updates and here is how she is looking so far .. There will be some more pinstripe work on the back of the cab and on the side to break it up..

Attached Files:

17. Alfster

Alfster

Looking real good.

18. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Took Dixie out for a short ride and met up with Kerry and some of the "Bomb Squad" C.C guys at Rubs bar and grill in mesa.. Scrap Iron followed me home when i said screw it lets see how she runs on the interstate.. Feels good to hear overdrive kick into gear at about 60 mph.. then the truck hummmmed enough to remember i need to put some insulation in it haha.. rub bar and grill off dobson and guadalupe next friday at 7 ish if anyone else is game....

19. Sweet ride! Similar to mine, but mines a merc. Been lookin for a rear bumper like that for a long time, can't seem to find one that matches the front like that.

20. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Mine off my truck must be off a chevy car or something it has wrap around pieces that bolt to side of my fenders but i am not diggn them..

21. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

For sale in classifieds .. Thank you Hamb!.. ready for the next build.. stay tuned friends

22. Invicta

Invicta

23. ...without seein it, I can't say for sure but your rear bumper may be an aftermarket item. A friend has one that sounds like yours, with the wrap-arounds that bolt the the rear fenders. let's see a pic.
    Nice truck you built, I like it all, that's the way I build em.

24. Kurt,
    The grill is the part that I didn't like. But it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. The last F-1 was '52. '53 was the first F-100. I like both models, and actually the grill isn't all that bad just not my favorite grill.

A lot can be done with those trucks with or without clipping one. I would hang with the SBF if it were mine. No real reason for that statement that is just what I would do. I have had or have out about one of everything in F-1s and first gen F-100s. The 302 is a little difficult because of the front sump but it can be done. By far the easiest swap into one of those is an early rocket complete with the hydro.

25. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Yeah it has to be aftermarket rear wrap around bumper possibly even a rear bumper off maybe a contenental kit.. hmm as matter of fact almost looks like my 50 fleetline rear bumper.. hmmm

26. Holy shit nice truck