Register now to get rid of these ads!

Decatur TX Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pasadenahotrod, Feb 19, 2011.

1. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Decatur Swap Meet starts this Thursday through Saturday at the Sheriff's Posse Grounds just outside Decatur TX in Wise COunty about 40 miles NW of Ft. Worth.
    It's always a good one!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. sun down

sun down
    from tx

yup, I plan on being there

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Hope the weather is good for us.

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

I will be there Saturday looking for sum wheels / tires and a few other parts for my truck ,if there are any left by Saturday ...

5. We will be there on the North end. Bet on some kind of weather event, it never fails.
    Still, one of the most fun swap meets of the season....

6. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

The thing I miss most about Texas, the swap meets. Decatur is one of the best. If you go in on setup day you can drive your pickup around.

7. Frank

Frank

One of my favorites. 5th year for me.

8. Rev.Jackson

Rev.Jackson

They just put in the paper that the swapmeet that is usually at rangers stadium in september will now be in Decatur on sept 16-18.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I couldn't believe this so I looked it up. Its for real and its only 18 miles from my house!

Great Southwest Swapmeet - Info 940-271-1005 HOT NEWS !!!
    The 2011 Southwest Swap Meet will be held Friday thru Sunday 16 -18 September (with entry for setup on Thursday 15th) at the Sheriff's Posse Rodeo Grounds in Decatur, Texas - the same location as the February Decatur meet. This third full weekend date in September will be permanent per our agreement with the Sheriff's Posse. There is no relationship between the Southwest Swap Meet and the organizing club of the February meet.
    The Southwest Swap Meet had become familiarly known as the "Arlington Meet" because of its long run, since 1977, at the Texas Rangers Ballpark. Our relationship with the Texas Rangers has always been and remains cordial, however, the Arlington Meet is no more.

10. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I plan on being there. I am supposed to be trading my 31 A pickup for a 27 T roadster...I also plan to bring some other early tin along with me and other parts...

11. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

WHOLY CRAP THAT'S CRAZY!!!!

I knew after this last one something was going to have to change! Never would have thought of that!

I'll be there this weekend on the west end with a bunch of junk and a lot of signs!!!

12. apound

apound

I'll be in Detroit but my buddies are taking my junk for me.

13. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Come by and say Hi. I'll be on the South end. Spaces 1135, 1136, 1137, 1235, 1236, 1237.

Looks like the weather is going to make it interesting as usual. 20-30 mph winds this afternoon high 75, cold Friday am high 60, then warm and windy Saturday high 77, rain chance Sunday.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  15. Slow55

Slow55

Yep,
    That's Decatur! Been there when it was Tee-Shirts and speedos; ass deep in mud ruts raining twisters or cold cold cold when the smudge pots glow. I can take just about anything but seeing a 50+ year old man with a huge beer gut wearing a Speedo will make you blow chunks..... Damn, I'll never do that again :)

16. mow too much

mow too much

We got a pretty good rain in the OKC area (which we needed) do I need to bring my rubber boots........whats the forecast for tomorrow?

17. Slow55

Slow55

18. mow too much

mow too much

19. Vintage Warrior

Vintage Warrior
    from TX

I'm there fri/sat with '31 Model A parts, 6 lug steels, 8 lug steels, seats, etc.

20. Dchaz

Dchaz

I would bring em anyway.

21. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

I CAN REMEMBER WHEN IT TOOK LONGER TO DRIVE FROM DALLAS. THAN IT DID TO GO THROUGH THE WHOLE DARN SWAP MEET. STRETCHED ALL THE WAY FROM THE BUILDINGS ALMOST TO THE CREEK.

NEVER DIDN'T FIND SOMETHING I WAS LOOKING FOR AT DECATUR. ONE OF THE BEST IN TEXAS. ALMOST TAKES TWO DAYS TO GO THROUGH IT NOW.:eek:

22. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Swap meet filled up nicely today. Looks likes it going to be a good one.

23. Elrusto

Elrusto

See ya'll in the morning !!!

24. Frank

Frank

Hey I missed you today, but I did pick up one of your nifty blankets for $5! ;)

25. Frank

Frank

I saw some deals I wish I could have bought to flip, but since I couldn't, I'll just post up.

Model A pickup bed complete with tailgate. It was rough, but $150. There is a model T bed on top of it. This was toward the back a few rows over from Lobuc.

Set of 5 5-4 3/4" Radir rims. They looked good like they would polish up well. Two with mounted bias tires. $100

26. mow too much

mow too much

It was cold in the mourning.............but as usual it warmed up and was a great day:D. I didn't find anything that I really had to have or need;), but it was a swap meet and as usual we had a great day saw some old friends and topped it off with a porterhouse steak at the Salt- grass steak house.:D:D

27. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Next time you are in Decatur try Sweetie Pies Ribeyes on the square. You wont be disapointed.

28. i picked up some good stuff and made some new contacts. this thing was huge, i got tired just looking at it all. great event.

29. mow too much

mow too much

Rod, we had some friends down there tell us the same, next time we'll try it. ;):D

30. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

does anyone know when the Chickasha oklahoma meet is now?