Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Repops What's Hot?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HatGuy, Feb 16, 2011.

1. how about repoping the old chrome steel slot mags in 15in sizes

2. 48-50 Super 6.

3. 48-50 Super 6 for sure. 51 pacemaker also (I think)...

4. 'Mo

'Mo

Mild steel headlight rims for FLUSH-frenching head lights.

[​IMG]

5. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Money is not always the only issue, although, it IS the driving one most of the time. When Gary poped the Hollywood Flipper, it all started because someone, actually several someones wanted them. The key to getting a part made these days when money is an issue is to get a group of people together who want the item and are willing to share the startup costs...

6. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

We have a new sbc header available that is cast, but cast 2bbl intakes are around...Fenton repops among others.

7. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

We do our research every day when we answer the phone. Folks are looking for this or that, and we keep a list. We try to find what they need and tell them where to get it, or at least whether or not it is even available...then, if the numbers start adding up for a particular item, its time to do something. Most pure research is useless...it is conjecture based on polling data...I want facts! And the fact is that these guys are out there building, modifying and dreaming...they know what they want and need and we will respond.

8. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Right on the nose!

9. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Your are absolutely right! We repop the Merc Headlight Rings and Bezels...took a long time to find the right manufacturor...but we did, and they are top quality. The key is for the vendor to have high standards...we also build cars, and we use or own stuff on them. If I won't put it on my cars, I won't sell it to anyone else. But the influx of overseas stuff is taking over markets and many of the vendors could care less about quality. If they are the only ones who have what you need you can either buy it, look for an original, or do without...or of course, make it yourself.

10. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Butch's Rims are very cool and very good quality. They don't have the inner bezel, but that's OK for a lot of guys...Go Butch!

11. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Thanks!

12. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

O'Brian Truckers and OTB Gear have the highest quality finned stuff out there. We sell their products and we are never disappointed.

13. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Already in the works...great minds you know!

14. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Only wish we could...

15. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

53 - 62 corvette repop stainless windshield frames on ebay are allmost $ 2,000. " If someone would make them " wouldnt a repop cast aluminum one be alot cheaper, especially for a guy that doesnt care or wants to make the vette a gasser ? I know aluminum wants to shrink during the casting process. Any ideas ???

16. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Gary and Mollye are doing well. Gary has fully recovered and he's going 90 to nothing!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

17. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Now that's funny! Seems that way sometimes though. How about stainless trim? I hear Khrome is Kool and Shiney is Slick, check the latest Kustoms Illustrated.

18. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

On the way...check with us in March or April. Or get with Limeworks to buy direct.

19. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Vette people are a lot like Horse people in many respects...nothing is too good for their baby. Anything made for a Vette has to be as close to OEM design and quality to do any good...and that means they are gonna cost you BIG Time! No ideas on this one...cast is really only good for valve covers, intakes, suspension stuff...things witout a lot of fine detail or where fitment is loose...We have tried cast Tail Light Bezels with some luck, but shrinkage is always an issue. You end up having to redesign the backing plates and find lenses that fit right to do a really top notch job, and there are few applications worth doing that for. Oh, mirrors cast well too!

20. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

We really appreciate all of the feedback on this thread. We are sincere in our desire to bring new items to market for the Kustom and Traditional Hot Rod enthusiasts. As builders ourselves, we know the frustrations of searching for a rare part or even a scarce part to move a project forward.

I will try to organize all the responses and post a general summary soon...Thanks to all! Really interesting posts!

21. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

A cast Aluminum Blower manifold for the Baby Hemi 241 270!
    Aluminum Baby Hemi heads.
    Some limited addition Baby Hemi VC..........
    Aluminum Baby Hemi Finned oil pan, timing cover, etc. etc. etc. etc.

22. masterdeluxe

masterdeluxe
    from Wisconsin

235 Corvette exhaust manifold & intake

216 Fenton Exhaust hedders with heat riser port
    (not the plumbing and plate type currently repop)

23. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

A 32 Pines Winterfront grille
    The prices and desirability originals are fetching I am amazed no one has done it already.
    Rich

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

please, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top, tell me that you'll be able to ship these to England !!!

Paul

25. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

53-54 Buick Headlight Bezels
    53 Cadillac Headlight Bezels

26. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

3 minutes of begging does not constitute foreplay...or so my wife tells me. It will be sometime this fall...check the HAMB now and then, or the NP website.

27. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

I know this isn't a new thread, but I figured we like old stuff here... I know fins for '53-'55 Oldsmobile wheel covers USED to be made, and I'm assuming they're not all that difficult to make, so let me just say now that I feel that it would be like legally being able to print your own money at this point. I know I PERSONALLY would buy 6 to 9 of the damned things and I don't even own a set of hubcaps yet! Hell, I figure this'd rack up your wheel cover sales! Or I'd buy a set just to trim 'em to put on other caps too. Good thing about hubcaps, they're easily interchangeable! So that ups me to ANOTHER 6.

I think you'd corner the market. And I'd be your first customer! :D PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make and sell these things!!!!

28. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Oh, and '53-'54 Chevy power steering horn buttons. If you sell em for under $100, I'll buy 2! :D

29. terryble

terryble
    from canada

May be a dumb question but are 49-51 Ford car fenders the same? I always thought the 51 fenders were slightly different.

30. 15" version of the Plymouth caps... They make a version the 2 bar spinners, maybe not the same as you are talking about... You can get the hats that go with them too from http://www.spinnercenter.com/

Attached Files: