Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need insurance help - any agents on here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montclaire, Feb 14, 2011.

1. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

I hope you have changed everything(cars,house) to another insurance company.If they are a problem now don't wait until you have another problem.

2. montclaire

montclaire

I'm giving them a chance to fix it, we'll see what the outcome is once the state weighs in.

3. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I know this sounds crazy, but why is it their fault you don't read your bills when you pay them. I would notice paying an extra $44 a month on something.

4. montclaire

montclaire

When I added the Willys I had two other cars on the policy, a DD and a collector car, both with full coverage. All three were on for a month or two and then the other car was dropped, as I had sold it and bought the Willys. It's possible that they changed the coverage on the wrong vehicle, and then when I dropped the other car, I didn't notice.

There is also a chance it was changed when I switched DDs in Feb of 2009, as I recall a jump in premiums at that point. I went from a 1997 wrangler to a 2000 cherokee, which I didn't think were too far off in value or necessary coverage, but I do recall it went up by a bit.

Again, when I noticed the drastic change in my premiums when I took the Willys off last month, I called to see what was going on. Upon explaination, Allstate recommened I talk with one of their people about a refund, and Allstate promised I would get full reimbursement for a year, which I am so far not getting.

As I have been saying, my complaint is that now they have admitted fault and have promised a rebate which they are trying to back out of or minimize. If they said, "hey, we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do," you wouldn't even be reading this thread.

I wouldn't have been thrilled, but I wouldn't be out to prove a point, either.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  5. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Don't feel bad. I was sitting at a stop sign with 2 cars in front of me, all stopped, not moving.
    Some dizzy ass girl plows into my rear end pushes me into the car in front.
    I get estimates and when the check came it was 10% short !
    Why you ask ?
    Cause I contributed to the accident by being there .
    I told the agent "No Shit", he explained it to me, if I wouldn't have been there she wouldn't have hit me. I had to say "No Shit" again.

Like the commercial. It kinda makes sense if you don't think about it.

6. bigbubba

bigbubba

We just recently traded my 93 work car for a 05 minivan for the family and i took the old family car for my "new " work car,When i switched our ins. over to the van my ins. went down almost $20 a month!:confused: does not make any sense to me unless its because the 93 was not made but for 4 yrs?

7. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

One year is usual. Again, not saying its right. Dont understand refund based on 2008 premiums, they owe you what you actually paid for the most recent twelve months. This is why Im not with Allstate. Move all your coverage, house, everything. This time find a good local agent who will spend time with you, and explain what he/she is doing.