Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some new blood to add to the fray

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by GrandiRacingL88, Feb 22, 2011.

1. GrandiRacingL88

GrandiRacingL88
    from US

Hello all,

New member here from Rhode Island. I'm 20 years old, got bit by the car bug when I was 4 thanks to my father ( like father, like son ). I'm a big race fan, primarily of NASCAR but really the stuff I love most is the good old saturday night short track stuff. Modifieds, Pro Stocks, Late Models, etc. I grew up going to Seekonk Speedway in Massachusetts, and have been attending races at Thompson and Stafford since I was about 11 years old. My favorite division is the modifieds, hands down. In my opinion, they put on some of the best racing around. I'm also big into classic cars and muscle cars of the 50's, 60's and 70's vintage. Always been a bit partial to Chevy's, but I've loved the looks of more than a few Ford's, Dodge's, Plymouth's Mercury's and AMC's, etc.

I just graduated from Universal Technical Institute in the course of Automotive Technology with Ford factory training ( didn't have GM available ). I have two cars, a 1996 chevy lumina that has somehow survived being driven daily by me for 2 years now, and a project car in the form of a 1983 Jaguar XJS ( my father's project, now passed down to me ), which is currently equipped with a mildly built 355CI small block chevy, backed by a TCI Streetfighter TH350. The car isn't yet running, but once I clear up some time and funds I intend to finish it.

I've spent some time here, looking at the pictures of older modifieds and enjoying all the old memories and pictures and information offered here. As a side note to that, my father and I are very good friends with a former modified racer, Rolland Lapierre Jr. We race slot cars together with a bunch of other guys on thursday nights at a local track. My best friend Nate is Rolland's grandson, and am also friends with his other grandson Nick, who runs the website yankeeracer.com.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute some things to the community here! Thanks for having me!

- Grandi

2. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

Welcome Grandi
    from socal
    enjoy the site

3. welcome from cali!:)

4. Welcome from Michigan.

5. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal