Register now to get rid of these ads!

Received my Wheel Vintiques order and I'm a little bummed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Buzznut

Buzznut

I ordered the 10 Series Chrome smoothies with the paintable center and chrome plated outer (instead of beauty rings). I originally wanted the Genie or series 14 wheels (because i wanted to use beauty rings) but there weren't ANY Chevy caps that would fit those wheels. So I get them, the 15 x 10's a least, and they are a dual-lug pattern wheel. I specified on the phone that I wanted 5 on 4.75 but they came with 4.75 and 4.5 bolt patterns (ten holes). Even though I also ordered the polished stainless 1956 Chevy center caps ( and love them) I wanted to have the option of running spider caps as well. Now with ten holes that option is out. After spending a good chunk of change and waiting for the 15 x 8's nearly 3 weeks, I'm second guessing even keeping the wheels.

Is there a way to run spider caps with ten friggin holes? Anyone have an idea of what Wheel Vintiques wheels will run Chevy caps and only have 5 holes on 4.75?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I would've called wheel kid!! Sorry man... that sucks!

3. budd

budd

you need to check your wheels for run out, theres a thread on here about 3 out of 4 wheels are no good, but i guess they have taken them back, you dont want to have them painted and tires mounted and balanced three times before you find out.

4. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Same thing here. I hate those damm 10 holed wheels, it forces you to run a center cap. They look like shit without them. At least we have wheels though, been waiting on wheel kid to return my messages for over a year. Doubt thats a better option.

5. BlueGhost

BlueGhost

6. dubcee

dubcee

x2!!!!!!!!!!

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

8. Greezy

Greezy

Im running WV Oe chrome wheels in 4.75 on the front and 4.5 bp on the rear. They are single bolt pattern. All the gennies, smoothies ect have the dual pattern. and they do have the outside nubs for chevy caps.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  9. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Send Them Back.

Your in Nor Cal & you didnt shop Locally ?

Wheel Kid is right there & so is Stockton Wheels.

Before any of you HAMB Police start you Bitching about Stockton Wheel, There is a Bitch session on here about how long they take .... HOWEVER ... I had a set of 4 Wheels Built by Stockton for my Model "A".

4" Fronts with '50 Merc Center & 7 1/2" Reveresed & Wideend with '50 Merc centers.

They were Great on cost & Quality, They are the ONLY ones that will cut & widen Wheels, Time wasent bad as I anticipted my Build & didnt wait till 2 weeks before the Debut show to order CUSTOM BUILT wheels.

10. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

why would you come on here and complain in public before calling the mfr and asking them for return instructions because they did NOT send what you ordered?

Suggestions from other to buy locally and/or from HAMB Alliance vendors is good advice. When the HAMBers mess up, we can push them into a corner and beat 'em up real good.

11. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

prop, i bought WV 64 series chrome steelies and THEIR hubcaps made for THEIR wheels and they would not fit any way I tried. First drive 3 fell off while I was backing out...
    I emialed them and did get s repsonse that they would make it right, guess what??
    They are still hangin in my garage and still don't fit.

Went to wheelkid and bought his lugs and bullets.
    I will never deal with Wheel Vintiques again and would not recomend them to anyone...

Sorry for the caps but they still piss me off.

12. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Yeah man, you need to get the O.E. series if you want 5 lug wheels. I found when buying Wheel Vintiques you really need to do your research before you pull the trigger on an order. They make both chev bolt patterns in an O.E wheel, they cost a little more, but worth it. I bought a ford set, and was happy with what I got. Had I had the time to wait, I would have bought from Wheelkid but I needed mine in a pinch.

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

One word... Dummy Studs. Ok, two words... :cool: WheelKid sells them. Should have started there in the first place!

14. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

i sent him a pm on friday night and he replied to me on monday, so i wouldnt go bashing him on here. im sure theres 1000 other guys like me that is more than happy with the rims i got, and also the customer service....

15. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

There is just something wrong with the people who make rims today. I am having issues with Jimmy the Wheelkid. Sold me 16in by 8in, but is out of the hoops to make them. Gave me a 2week time frame. Lets see--it's been two months and he still does not have the parts to make my rims. I get the same song and dance. Had a problem with Wheel Vintique too. Order one thing and get something else. PS only Wheel Vintiques caps work with there rims, not the OEM or Bob Drakes. Why call them Ford rims if a Ford cap does not fit. All these people spouting off about Wheelkid---Forget him! His dad is a different story--treated me great. Too bad he is retired.

16. Fenders

Fenders

I'm happy to see complaints on here -- I appreciate knowing what to watch out for or be aware of when ordering from different vendors.

17. Buzznut

Buzznut

Well, I'm not complaining about Wheel Vintiques...they're nice wheels, but I'm disgusted with the 10 holes. As far as shopping locally, I live a little over an hour from Reno and have a relationship with a few people at Summit Racing, so I drove up thinking I could just pick them up and had to order them. While I was there I did pick up my MagnaFlows, a phenolic spacer, an x-pipe, a Mallory Unilite dizzy and a few other go fast parts, so it wasn't a wasted trip. I would have gone with wheel kid, but it seems every other wheel thread has ten guys saying he isn't available, and frankly I don't have 2 months to get my heap rolling. As far as the ten holes go, I didn't ask because I had no idea they were doing this and they didn't tell because they didn't know that I didn't know. I don't blame anyone but myself for not getting all the info. I'm considering driving them back up there one of these weekends (2 feet of snow here and 10 over the summit so not anytime soon), and I guess I'll have to wait.

I DO have a set of kidney bean/slotted mags that are older. I have 15X8 front Indys and 15X10 rear Shelby 500's (that's the name stamped inside). I could use them in a pinch, but I need to check backspacing because with the Wheel Vintique rear 10's at 4.5 backspacing I had only 3/4 clearance to the rear fenders.

Summit is cool about returns, but may charge me a restocking fee... I hope not.

18. ugotpk

ugotpk

RallyAmerica, The only way to go!!

19. squirrel

squirrel

I'm kinda thinking that making wheels might not be rocket surgery....wonder if you could find some centers you like, and some hoops you like, and put them together?

Also there's a place in LA that fixes wheels

[​IMG]

look real close, there's a phone number. friend posted on another forum that he got his done there, chrome 10" hoops on original chevy Rally centers.

20. Buzznut

Buzznut

If 5 on 4.75" is a VERY popular bolt pattern it doesn't make sense that they make a generic wheel that also includes 4.5" bolt pattern. Why can't they just cater to the needs and desires of consumers instead of making it more difficult to get what you want? I understand the idea of cutting costs, but now they will lose my sale, not to mention the ones they have already lost and will lose in the future. Are companies THAT clueless that they think they know better than the consumer...really?

21. historynw

historynw

Hey those are pretty damn KQQL fixes a problem and looks good too.

22. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

all these problems will stop if you stop buying wheels that are made in china, thats why it takes all these companies so long to "make" your wheels, they are waiting for their order of centers and hoops to come in from china, in my book, thats a chinese wheel, nothing american about it, chinese parts welded together by an illegal alien.......thats why the stamp both lug patterns in, to cheap to make hoops with only 1 pattern.......

23. It does make sense if you look at the fact that probably the vast majority of the wheels they sell will end up with a hubcap of some sort on them so the two bolt patterns are not an issue. You are asking a company to stock twice the inventory for the odd time someone wants to run spiders on a set of wheels. In these economic times that would result in one thing, going out of business which would leave you with no choice.

It is apparent from all the wheel threads that come up that the suppliers of the parts that wheel manufacturers use are not very reliable and or require large orders of specific parts in order to ship which results in the delays and limitations that seem apparent from all the manufacturers.

The customer is not always right if pleasing them results in you going out of business and with the number of hot rod related companies that have gone down in the last couple of years we should all be thankful that companies are doing what they can to stay afloat.

24. badshifter

badshifter

I've gotten my share of wheels from Wheel Vintiques and I think this thread is a good reminder to ask all the questions, and leave nothing to chance. (and I'm not saying the OP did anything wrong)

25. squirrel

squirrel

If you see new steel wheels with two bolt patterns, you might want to assume that the new steel wheels you order will also have two bolt patterns. Saves the manufacturer the tooling and inventory cost for another center design.

26. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Always difficult to know just what questions to ask. I'd expect a 5 bolt wheel to have 5 holes, not ten. Wheel companies should inform their clients better. Maybe submit a picture or illustration for approval.

27. b-bob

b-bob

I am on my second set of Shitty W.V. wheels. I bought the second set privately, so i can't take them back. I guess i have a short memory. Both sets have a run out problem.

28. Buzznut

Buzznut

b-bob. please explain your run out problem...I haven't heard of that? I haven't mounted anything yet, so like I said, these are likely going back.

29. A Rodder

A Rodder

I have bought their wheels without problem. If you happen to have seen the website it shows the ten holes I believe. I just but a 65 ford with their new wheels and caps on it and low and behold it has only set of holes. They are called the OE WHEEL.

30. Buzznut

Buzznut

Well, I checked and it looks like the OE wheel is NOT available in 15". Try the site, no dice...

http://wheelvintiques.myshopify.com/products/chrome-o-e-ford-chevy

I'm going to fabricate some 16 or 12 gauge blisters to fit over the center lug nut hump and drill them out to accept the 4.75" bolt pattern.

I swear this didn't seem like rocket science when I started...what a cluster.