Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947-1954 Chevy AD Truck Chopped Glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FLAHotRodder, Jan 31, 2011.

1. FLAHotRodder

FLAHotRodder
    from Ocala,FL

Where do you guys get your glass when you chop your Chevy AD Trucks? I'm planning to chop my 5 window 1950 truck about 3'' and want to know where I can get the glass & seals and how much you guys paid for your glass and seals so I have an idea as I like to keep a budget

thanks

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seals fro^^ any good supplier of quality rubber and seal pieces. Glass fro^^ the glass shop in your area with the rep for doing the best work on old cars. It's flat glass. The quarter windows are te^^pered and can't be cut but our Oregon Ha^^B glass guy says he can get la^^inated quarter windows. He will probably speak up in a few and he gives good advice and luckily is only 150 ^^ils fro^^ ^^e.

3. FLAHotRodder

FLAHotRodder
    from Ocala,FL

anyone else? trying to figure out how much it'll cost me for all the glass in the truck

4. 440hudson

440hudson
    Alliance Vendor

FLAhotrodder,

We have all the glass for your truck including the curved rear quarter windows for $495.00. Shipping would run about $70.00. We can explain to you the best way for you to cut the rear quarters down. We also offer a hamb discount. We carry all the rubber seals and weather stripping at a discount as well. Give us a call on our toll free number 1-800-624-2130 and we can go over what it takes to chop all the glass. We'll need to talk to you to give you an accurate estimate on the seals. Thanks, Bob

5. ^ is it easy to cut the glass? because I'm doing one of those projects as well and I think I'd be too scared to spend $500 on glass then fuck up trying to chop it down myself with no prior experience