Register now to get rid of these ads!

junkyard find of the year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jared Carnahan, Feb 19, 2011.

1. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

Nice find and a good deal!

2. roughneck424

roughneck424

I would think with the Power of The H.A.M.B. someone would have chimed in on where that car came from?

3. Jared Carnahan

Jared Carnahan

yeah it would be cool to know

4. I'll bet the yard got the car from an insurance company. Check to see if you can trace it backwards through the paperwork.

5. Pete Fox

Pete Fox
    from Belgium

I have bought a french flathead in good condition from a friend for 500 euro a few years ago!

6. Shit borrow money to buy parts, you should be able to make a crapload of money flipping stuff off that car.

7. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

I like the jackstands.

8. Jared Carnahan

Jared Carnahan

yeah the jack stands are cool, junkyard standard around here. that car was actually one of the more hinkey things i have seen it was full of horrible and scarry looking welds.the center of the x frame was all cut out and there was in its place was a thin lil strip of steel just kinda jammed into place with a bit of weld on it. the tailshaft sat directly on top of it with a U bolt holding it thight to he strap of stell, worse mount i ever saw.

9. BEAR

BEAR

were are the update pics

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very nice find...good for you...
    And good price..rain or not !!

11. BEAR

BEAR

i went and seen the car the other day there is not much of a car there its the same as the pics with out some of the 5.slow stuff on it

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I think you made a mistake not getting it complete and $500 was still a really good deal. But good for you. I agree, someone at least go save the cowl. Hard to see exactly what body style it was, but judging by the shape of the windshield posts and what is left of the back end, I'd say someone cut the top off a '36 tudor and was making a tub. Do you have any other pics of the body? If I was closer, I'd go buy it myself.

13. Now the question becomes ......what are you going to do with it?
    Nice score by the way............