Register now to get rid of these ads!

The February 2011 Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Feb 1, 2011.

1. chopo

chopo

2. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I did a little playing tonight. I still have to weld up the ends after a little more trimming.
    [​IMG]

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

4. If I remember correctly your exhaust will sound just great especially if you like old John Deere tractors.

5. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Deer run fast:D I like my tubes better I just wont some pics with this set up because the guy I got my car from had them on it when he was in high school

6. went for a ride in the phaeton yesterday with the new engine
    man was it a difference
    it had a stock engine in it before, now it has a diamond b thats .040 over bigger valves stipe cam. it still has the stock b head, a dizzy and a intake, exhaust manifold and carb, so its not really set up for speed yet.
    next week i am installing a zepher intake with 2 81's a custom header by yours truly and a b distributor.
    still the seat of the pants difference in pull in second gear was great.....it could have been the lightened flywheel
    it was still alot different with the c balanced crank
    i can't wait to see how it runs next week
    tk

7. Reddy

Reddy

Hi BCCHOPIT,
    Here is a picture of my engine.
    Mike

[​IMG]

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

you will have a lot of fun with the car after your new intake
    I hope you will take some pics

9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It was your car that got me off my ass :D Thanks I think

Did you have to space out the intake?

10. Reddy

Reddy

No the intake and exhaust manifold are the same thickness, I used the stock model A nuts and washers to install the manifolds Mike

11. Jaguar6165

Jaguar6165

Quick question for everyone out there. I am in need of new tires. I am looking at Lesters/Lucas because they seem to be very affordable and look pretty decent. Has anyone used them and how good are they?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  12. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Chin Sin is better that Coker

I ran Lucas for years

13. Jaguar6165

Jaguar6165

How about universal? I those seem to be very affordable too. What size should I be looking at. I have 21" wheels, 440/450-21 or 450/475-21?

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Some may think my posting these pictures on a Feb 2009 thread was a mistake on my part. No. Just procrastination. Anyway here is the front cover and dampener on the Dodge Bros. Looks easy. Took a lot of thinking about. Since '09 in fact.

Attached Files:

15. noboD

noboD

Universal is owned by Coker. Way to go Rich Fox, keep plugging away.

16. They are cheaper than Cokers higher end tires, but made of the same soft crap and wear fast. They are not for those who drive them. Luke

17. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Mumble mumble mumble :(

Rang them and the call went to message bank - which was full - so no further in my quest for the truth!

18. rmak

rmak
    from Ohio

Howdy!
    I just wanted to say hi and show you my new 29 Ford. Recently purchased from hamb guy joee and now safely in my garage. I plan on a prewar style hot rod and hopping up the stock engine. Looking forward to asking a lot of questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. I always enjoy the photos of your work. Kinda like art. No, it is art! Do you sometimes wake up and realize the fix? Like it came to you around 4 AM? Another comment, I have to get used to this "since 09" having grown up last century and hearing people speak of ought 9 or the teens, remember the "Big war"WW1. I worked with an engineer and automobile racer that had received his "Sheepskin" around 1910

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  20. I will call the 800 number this AM and see what i can find out regarding another number for you.

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

What happens is I lay down and start thinking about how it should go. No TV. No noise. I can think. And I do. For hours. Sometimes I just get up and go back to the shop. My grandfather was a Quaker. So he was exempt from The Great War. Instead he spent the duration in Philadelipha loading coffins on ships headed to Europe. He told me that was how he knew the reports in the news were lies.

22. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for the offer.

i just rang them and got the most obstinant woman on the phone.

Reluctant to allow me to talk to the boss, nor would she tell me where they get their clutch plates made, won't sell a clutch plate by itself either.

THE most frustrating phone call I've ever made to a aftermarket parts supplier EVER.

Makes me wonder if this whole banger thing is worth it!!!!

I'm going back to my Stovebolt 6 on 32 rails for the coupe now - I'm really pissed!

23. I suppose I should give up too, I just called before lunch and got spoken to sharply because I said I was calling to get a phone number for you. You sure upset the lady, she said you wanted propriety info regarding her supplier and you wanted to talk to her superior. Don't think she has one. Apparently I called shortly after you did. I'm going back to my Ford tractor!

I would rather slam the door on my thumb!

24. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It's good to see it got a good home. Have fun with it. It looks like your bike has a good home also:D I am looking for a 2 wheeled friend for my banger to hang with

25. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Email me exactly what you need..... I'll get my magic Mexicans to make a Kevlar disk for you

26. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Bill

Thanks for taking the time to telephone for me. I really appreciate you doing this for me.
    I'm sorry she spoke to you in the way she did - I guess we both caught the rough end of her manner.
    The whole telephone call from my end was very terse from the get go. I admit I asked for propriety information from her, but only after she abruptly told me they didn't make what I was after. I asked if I could talk to superior as I could not communicate with her, asking if there was a better time I should ring to talk to him, again the terse abrupt response "NO".

Now I work in the health sector where effective communication is paramount, its a customer based industry, just like the supply of auto parts. Had I ever spoken int he way I felt I was spoken to, I'd not last long in the field I've worked in for over 25 years.

Enough said on this matter by me.

Jimski - thanks for the offer - I have no idea of the difference between the 26 spline clutch plate required for this conversion and a 26 spline standard clutch.

27. Too bad you are so far away, I've got a 51 650 Triumph Thunderbird I would like to sell, Probably have 90% of original parts laying around.

28. RussTee

RussTee

Not good here major earthquake multi deaths city in pieces many buried lucky to be alive my house damaged but standing partner Jills just a pile of rouble cars damaged not good fellers

29. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

If I bring home one more thing in boxes I think my wife will kill me:rolleyes:
    If I bring it home and the same day give her a ride (happy wife happy life:D:eek:)

30. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Man that suck I saw that shit on the news
    it's good to hear you are OK
    stay save
    Bill