Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Congrats Wood Brothers Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Feb 20, 2011.

1. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

wood brothers get the cars from roush.. the engines come from roushyates.......the first three cars had roushyates engines...........good job done by everyone with the team....

2. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Yeah!

I was happy to see that.

3. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

I am very happy for the Wood Bros and Trevor, sure is nice when the fairytale finishes don't involve the Hendrick cars.

4. Spooky

Spooky

HELL YEAH!!
    I was jubilant!!!

Not only a Ford winning on the high banked oval of Daytona, but doing it in style. Trevor stayed up front all day and proved he is a driver to be dealt with.

Wood Brothers #21.

Still grinning...

5. willumbilt

willumbilt

Like most, I was tickled to see Woods, Bayne, & Ford in Winner's Circle. For me the race had a down side though. What a disappointment for David Ragan. The race just slipped like sand through his fingers. Hope he finds his way to victory circle this season.

6. When they went green that last time I told the wife "wouldnt that be something if old Bobby pushed that rookie to a win". Damn if that didnt happen. It's def one to remember.

7. Donnda

Donnda

I liked the 2 car hook up, a whole lot more interesting than watching two Amtrack trains racing each other like the last 8 years of Daytona. It at least was fast paced, tons of different leaders and not just one "The big one". Stuff happing all over the track for almost all of the race. Congrats to the Wood Bro's and a big Well Done to Trevor Bayne. Thanks for the show.

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Actually, the Woods Brother had a win about 10 years ago with Elliot Sadler at the wheel. Bristol 2001 spring race :D :D

Too bad Pierson was in his own car on the way home back to Spartanburg SC ... when the 21 won.

Pierson is a good guy and easy to be around. No big ego and no entourage :eek:

[​IMG]

9. nexxussian

nexxussian

Kid showed alot of smarts durring the race.

Glad to see one of the old teams up front. :)

10. rcr81

rcr81

Actually they have won several races since 1976 but that was the last Daytona 500 win, Neil Bonnett, Kyle Petty, Buddy Baker, Morgan Shepherd, Dale Jarret, and Elliot Sadler have all had wins since '76. They have had lots of ups and downs and almost disapeared, it is seriously cool to see them pick up any win much less one this big...huge payday for a privately funded team. Hats off to Bayne, that was some heads up driving on the last lap, the 'ol vet Labonte screwed up and let Edwards under him but Trevor was smart enough to shut the door.....be interesting now to see what he does on a real track, I don't put much stock in being able to win a plate race, it's a different animal. After all Derrick Cope won one of those you know... :D

11. Tripple G

Tripple G

Great to see the Wood Brothers & Richard Petty back in victory lane, and hey, what about that kid Bayne ... that 21 car was stout! And let's give tip of the hat to veteran driver Bobby Labonte, a class act, for the big push he gave Trevor at the end of the race. All in all, not a bad race, but I hate the "two step".

12. It was a plate race indeed....but this was a different race than we're used to seeing in Daytona.

13. RAY With

RAY With

How great is this? Wood Brothers in the win circle again with a 20 year old rookie showing them the way. Ford 1-2 and not a scratch on Baynes car. I pray the Wood Brothers will get the backing they have needed for the last 15 years to hang in there with top notch equipment and show the way like they did in the old days.

14. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I'm not a huge Nascar fan, but I am a Petty...really, thats my last name...You just have to watch the Daytona 500 even if you don't watch the rest of the year.

The coolest is that the kid turned 20 Saturday, won the daytona 500 on Sunday, and won A million $! He drove his own Ford pickup to the track, and now has to find someone to drive it back for him, as he is now on a national tour for the news and talk shows! Talk about life changing!

15. The 2-car hookup deal was a stretch to believe in, but the kid pulled it off and the car didn't have a scratch on it. Staying out of trouble and saving the car for the end is 1/2 the battle. The 88 driver should have been taking notes.

Bob

16. I'm glad my wife talked me into watching it (even if she fell asleep till the very end... ;) . I haven't really been that impressed with NASCAR lately, but yesterday's race was pretty darn good. Congrats to Mr's Woods and Bayne! Nice to see a Ford win too!

JK

17. Goodlife

Goodlife

I was so happy that the top three cars were Ford, and that race was Fords sixth hundredth victory in Nascar. I lost interest in Nascar when they put Toyota on the front of the cars. The young man who won seems to represent the strength of character that is lacking in so many athletes and young people today. Maybe there is hope.

18. chevy3755

chevy3755

KUDOS to 21 ford team..............

19. toolman1967

toolman1967

Great race and a classy young guy. Impressed with his attitude and humbleness.

20. turdytoo

turdytoo

I'll second that motion.

21. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

One thing nobody mentioned was that Richard Petty is the owner of the 21.It is only on paper as the Wood brothers used pettys last year owner points to get a startting spot for the 500 without having to race there way in. So not only did the Woods win so did Richard Petty.Can it get any better.

22. Fiatdude

Fiatdude
    from SoCal

The Kicker is that TB is under contract to another team and was "loaned" to the Wood bros. just so the kid could get some seat time in the "big leagues". He even had signed off on his points to be counted to the Jr. series. The winning purse was at $1.5 Mil, wonder how much the kid gets.

You also have to give Jeff Gordan a big salute -- the kid being a rookie couldn't get anyone to work with him -- Jeff heard about it, looked him up and took him under his wing, and said "I'll run with you buddy" -- that took guts for Jeff to do that and to trust that the kid would be able to do the right thing out on the track.

My buddy has 2 Roush cars from last year setting in his garage -- they are works of art

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  23. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I tell ya, I think I was more excited than Bayne himself! Such a nice kid believing in God and all. He was good all week at a track he had never been to! In fact, he spun his car in an attempt to avoid a last lap wreck in the Gatorade Duels. Sunday morning, the team repaired the car good enough to run the race. I hate it that Ragan, Jr. or Stewart didn't win, but I was still routing for Trevor and the Wood's!!!

GO #21!
    -Cody

24. dsr_54

dsr_54

Congrats to Trevor and the Wood Brothers!

25. Deuces

Deuces

This will be one race that will be talked about for years to come... ;)

26. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Did anyone else notice the guy walking around victory circle in the light blue shirt? Sure looked like the president of Ford Motor Co. to me.

27. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Let's bring a little on topic back into this thread.

The car that started it all back when they actually raced on the beach.
    [​IMG]

28. rustymetal

rustymetal

class act driver and team just sweet you got to like it

29. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I thought is was a boring race. A bunch of lovebugs running around the track.

I was happy with the outcome though. Who dosen't like an underdog?