Register now to get rid of these ads!

39Tudor Checking In

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 39Tudor, Mar 21, 2005.

1. 39Tudor

39Tudor

Hello everyone.

Currently building a 39 Ford Tudor Standard Sedan.

Looking forward to learning from all of you as I finally get started on my project.

:D

JO

2. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

Nice to know, but some pictures and a little back ground info would be nice. Where are you from, how long have you been into cars etc?

3. 39Tudor

39Tudor

He's a little background info about me and my project.....

My name is Jerry and I live in Wichita Kansas. I'm 46 years old and have been exposed to Hot Rods for my entire life. My father purchased a 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe when I was 18 months old and has had it ever since. I went a lot a places with my dad in that car. His car is Ford 312 Y-block powered. All of it was home grown engineered.

My current project is a 1939 Ford Standard Tudor Sedan. I have owned the car since 1987 when I resuced it from a farmers hedge row where it had been sitting since 1964. The car was completely torn down and all parts carefully stashed away for later use. In 1998 with the help of my father, I got the rolling chassis completed. I am using a 1992 Ford 5.0L EFI V-8 for motivation. A Ford C-4 automatic transmission, 9" Lincoln Versailles rear axle, MII front suspension with 11 " disc brakes. Lots of other stuff just to much to mention in one sitting.....That's about were I'm at right now. Lots of sheet metal to repair and replace. The body was in pretty bad shape after sitting for so long.

In 2000, my wife and I built a new house. I am now working to finish my 42 X 28 shop building. All that is left is mud and taping the drywall and a coat of paint. Once the shop is complete, car building will be back on the front burner.
    That's my story for now and I'm sticking too it.

Best regards,

Jerry

4. Welcome aboard, Jerry !

5. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB.