Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida - April 9, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Dec 6, 2010.

1. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

I've seen the ads for the shows in the past, but for one reason or another I couldn't make the dates. I know the rules say cars pre 64 are allowed... I have a 1965 Dodge Coronet with a 528 hemi that I put together in my driveway. Would my car be allowed in the show? Will try and post a pic to see.

Attached Files:

2. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

From the Billitproof faq/rules..........
    I have a post 1964 car/truck that has the same body style as the 1964 and prior model, can I bring it to the show?
    Yes. An example of this would be a 1966 Chevy truck. They had the same body style from 1964-1966, and all of those model years are welcome at the show as long as they are traditionally styled.

3. LAROKE

LAROKE

I'd be proud to own that car but I wouldn't take it to Billetproof - Too much muscle. Not enuf traditional.

4. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Ok.......guess I'll attend as a spectator then.........

5. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Alan with the party spot issues and the apparent inability to get a host hotel. Maybe it,s time to start looking for a better venue.Possibly the same venue as the drag racesr . I personaly never liked the idea of gainesville . The fairgrounds are great it.s just the town that comes with it suck.s .Not to mention that further south lessons the chance of cold weather.JMO I will show up wherever you have it.It,s just hard to fathom that it should be this hard to get a host hotel Gregg

6. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

there are no hotels in that part of Gainesville, they are all located of I-75 and a few motels up and down 13th street (hwy 441), they did just build a Hampton Inn downtown with acess to a parking garage if that helps?

7. Skirv

Skirv

I hope I'm not out of line here but I have to agree with this to an extent. Florida is a very "long" state and some of the fellas that live in Florida still have to drive 5 or 6 hours to get to the show in Gainsville. Something a little farther south would be great. This is NOT a complaint, just a thought.

8. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

When I heard last year they were having in here in gainesville I have to say I was shocked? The show is about 5miles from the Gatornations drag strip now that could be intresting and its about the same distance from any hotels as the fairgrounds?

9. SAYiWONT8

SAYiWONT8

I wanna come, hoping by then Ill have a car to enter. Say I had a 65 but it was same bodystyle as a 63 and 64 would that still not be acceptable?

10. Choptop

Choptop

We've put in phone calls to the hotels, just havent had time to follow up for the 2nd or 3rd time (usually it takes 5-6 times) cuz we are setting up for the Sac Autorama this weekend and dealing with other Billetproof show issues. We will have host hotel info soon. Its not a problem, dont worry, all is well. :D

11. Choptop

Choptop

Trust me, we are all ears here at Billetproof if anyone has any suggestions for venues. We put in a couple of days each time we are at each show looking at potential locations for new or different shows. When we were out at the Billetproof Florida Drags we put in over 600 miles driving around looking at fairgrounds and parks. We havent seen them all though. Got a place you think might be cool for the show? Please let us know, we'll check it out.

12. How about Sebring Florida........Middle of the state, car friendly, convention hall, hotels, resturants, etc.

13. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

14. Choptop

Choptop

is there:

trees?
    shade?
    indoor facilities?
    spectator gates?

LOTS of considerations to putting on a show.
    Will look into it.

15. I have an idea move it to new york city so I won't have to drive 1022 miles one way. Hey is there camping on the or in the area I can bring my tent and bag.
    Oh and of course my MINI BIKE.

16. shocker998md

shocker998md

yea is overnighting in the truck or tent good where the show is held? im cheap and dont want to pay for a hotel.

any pre parties going on yet?

17. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

18. Loppy

Loppy

Registered! Can't wait! Always a good time!

Twinnnnnnnnnnnnnni-biiiiiiiiiiiiiiike Maaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddnnnnnneeeesssss!

19. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Gonna be sweet! Any Jax or South Ga guys want to caravan let me know!!

Also, the previous weekend is the April Fool's Run here in Waycross. Not a trad. run, but still lots of cool cars. I will post the info on here...would like to see more like us represent. I will be trying to recruit some guys for Billetproof too!

20. chevyshack

chevyshack

How about doing a show here in Tallahassee at the fair grounds? Theres no trees for shade but there are 4h buildings on the grounds. Theres hotels but they are a few miles up the road off the interstate. Even the Tallahassee car museum would be a great place. Its right off the interstate and he has plenty of room.

21. Choptop

Choptop

part of the problem is that Gainesville is already pretty far north in the state. Tallahassee is worse.

there are LOTS of places with zero shade in central FL.

there are about 20-30 factors that make a location good for a car show...

I should write a book :D

22. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Alan speaking of a book . When are we gonna be able to book a Hotel room?

23. AHotRod

AHotRod

If your coming to Billetproof, stand up and let us know !

24. Choptop

Choptop

very soon. Got one contract in hand, if the 2nd one doesnt come in tomorrow, screw 'em ;)

25. Myself and 1 other so far from long island New york leaving on wendsay or thursday haven't figured out that part yet but figured we would stop for shop tours on the way down. I was looking into the detail zone in delaware. Would like to stop somewhere in the carolinas for a shop tour and good place close to interstate 95 they might enjoy some company for an hour or so.
    Also anybody else going that way pm if you want to blast down with us.

26. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Glenn my ass will be there for sure .Already registered Im just waiting to find out where were staying

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

We should know tomorrow Greg, I just got off the phone with Alan.

28. Yaril

Yaril

i will be there with my shoebox. cant wait to take a short trip up the state in it!

29. Loppy

Loppy

I'll be there! New paint and all.

[​IMG]