Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My first Hot Rod, my second post.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mtburger, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mtburger

mtburger

Hello All.

This is my first post since I signed up and introduced myself in October.

I have been checking the site out for a while and know that I will get a lot out of what's going on here.

I have been into the Muscle car and Pony car scene for quite a while, but was never able to afford a "Real" hot rod until recently.

I live in the North East near Boston, MA and do not have to tell you that there is not much left around here that is not completely rusted to death, or just plain old out of my price range.

So about 6 months ago I began my search for a Modal A coupe or sedan, and any worthy candidate would need to include transportation and a title in my overall budget. Mass is brutal on titles.

I am not sure how often thing like this work out, but after looking at a bunch of local cars, and a bunch of stuff on the internet, I was shocked to learn about a car that belonged to "a freind of a freind". After setting up an appointment, I drove the 35 minutes down the street to meet the owner, and check out the car. The deal was done old school on a hand shake, and I got the car home last weekend.

Here it is.

It is a runner, and I can not believe how clean it is. The windows roll up, the bucket seat you see was tossed and the original one that came with the car was put back in, and it came with a a pile of parts.

The only history other than the 62-63 college parking sticker and 63 Mass inspection sticker is that it was known to be in Scutuate, MA as far back as 1955 or so.

I plan on getting it road worthy and using it as is this summer, but after that, all bets are off.

Thanks for looking, Mike H.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

That's second to winning the lottery! Good score man, you are one lucky SOB!!:D
    Keep the fenders and the antenna!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Wow, how cool is that?

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

SCORE !!! love it....Keep posting pics.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

congrats! Thanks for pics

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool score,the antenna is a keeper

7. big bad john

big bad john

.....Congrats....looks like you got a good start to a great looking rod....whatever you do.....take a lot of photo's....over the years they are always nice to look at.....keep us posted.....

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet. That one really looks solid and the fenders look to be in great shape. Being as it is so complete and appears to be in great shape I'd keep the fenders and keep it simple. Dropped axle, proper wheels and tires and juice brakes for starters and then worry about more power.

9. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Great score man. That's one fine looking coupe.

10. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Very nice car. I would love to have one as solid as that one. I would keep the fenders if they are as nice as they look, it would make it stand out now the way everyone else seems to remove them.

11. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Wow, how classic!! You are very lucky to find this sort of thing. I know indeed what you mean about finding good cars not rusted to death - I'm up here in Gorham Maine, and I'm on the lookout myself for a good solid running car (or nearly roadable project). Very cool, keep us posted! Looks a lot like something I'd see on the car craft if you just throw on some '56 Olds Fiesta hubcaps! Definitely keep the fenders - it's a strong East Coast Rod look!!

12. That car looks excellent! Great start.

I agree with Mr48chev. That would be a great plan.

13. spooler41

spooler41

Mtburger, welcome to the H.A.M.B. Model A club, looks like you've got a winner there.
    It's allways good to start with a runner,at least you can get some miles out of it before
    you rip into it.

Good luck and have fun with it. .............Jack

14. Cool car!
    Welcome!

15. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

Nice Model-A it has the late tear drop fire wall. Order A catalog from Snyder's they are the best for Model-A parts!

16. Rem

Rem

Whoa, that's a result! Mine came from California, and your fenders definitely look like they've had an easier life! I also vote for keeping the fenders.

17. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Nice score. That is one cool A

18. Welcome to the HAMB, your gonna make a lot of friends with that one!

19. rogmoseley

rogmoseley

Welcome from Akron oh. You did good on that one. I think I was even luckier, got one of my Dad's after he passed. mom made me a deal I couldn't refuse, not free but a real deal. Sounds like you look more than you post, like me and a lot of other guys,,,, great bunch with a wealth of knowledge. enjoy !!!

Attached Files:

20. mtburger

mtburger

Thanks a ton for all the positive comments Guys, I appreciate it very much.

Yes, the fenders are as solid as they look, and I will be keeping them.

I will post up a picture of all the parts that came with it later.

There is a second brand new antenna that came with the car along with a bunch of other stuff.

Right now I am looking into getting a set of juice brakes. I will be posting pictures and questions as I go.

Thanks, Mike H.

21. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Damn, really sweet looking car. Whatever you do, I hope the plans aren't to rat it out. I hope you picked up in the reading since Oct. that that car deserves a lot better than that. Good luck with it. And I vote to keep the fenders too. Have fun.

22. nice car. where was the radio mounted?

23. adamshumard

adamshumard

Wouldnt even go as far as to paint it. Its so slick as is. Drop axle and some banger speed parts and justr love it. NO body mods. Even a chop would be a shame in my books. Great car. glad its in good hands of someone who will love it.

24. billthx138

billthx138

Great start and it just goes to show you that if your patient and know what your looking for it will find you. Good luck.

25. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Nice Piece ! Good luck !!!

26. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

man great starting point it looks super clean.
    have fun and keep the pics coming

27. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

28. HotRod33

HotRod33

Very nice cae and it was almost in your back yard.......... how cool

29. widow maker

widow maker
    from nj

sswwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!