Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Congrats Wood Brothers Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Wood brothers #21 Ford won the Daytona today with a 20 year old rookie behind the wheel.... :)

2. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Who doesn't love the Wood Brothers! Old skool, been in the sport forever. My congrats to them and to the well spoken young man that drove to a win, with an totally unscathed car (!) amongst all the blown engines, bent sheetmetal and flat tires. I thought it was a great start to the season.

3. peddlr

peddlr

I know this is off topic, But I think it is great..

4. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

It didn't look good for Ford, glad to see them get the win. Good on the pup and Woods Bros too.

5. I love that guys older than me and a driver about the age of my grandson made their way to victory lane. Let's hope they can pull in a full year sponsor to keep the team on the track all year.

6. Same here

7. He drove a smart race, and congrats to the Wood Brothers. Been a long time.

8. Plumber 1

Plumber 1

Congratulations to The Wood Bros. and Trevor Bayne!! Great to see the #21 in victory lane.

9. jpm49c

jpm49c

Way to go Trevor Bayne at 20 years old and the Wood Bros.

10. frank spittle

frank spittle

This will go down as the most memorable Daytona 500 win I have seen. It was just magical. The youngest Daytona 500 winner ever driving for one of the oldest teams who had not won a Sprint/Winston race in 10 years. The kid is good looking, well spoken and extremely talented. FORD MOTOR COMPANY, step up and keep this team together.

11. Deuces

Deuces

The kid (driver) just turned 20 yesterday.. Winning the BiG one today was the icing on the cake... :)

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Wood Brothers! So cool and old school. And the old style David Pearson paint job on #21, very cool. Slim

13. Brown Devil

Brown Devil
    from Mission Tx

Great race and a cool looking car.

14. The Wood brothers with an underdog driver win the Daytona 500 and the 6th seed Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl!! Life is good in the Frozen Tundra!!!

15. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Totaly cool win for the Wood Bros.Only thing missing was a dual with the 43 at the finish.If you are old enough you will understand.

16. edweird

edweird

damn right. i was pulling for him.

17. thunderplex

thunderplex

Trevor Bayne was only the second driver to win the Daytona 500 in the first attempt. The first was lee Petty because he won the initial Daytona 500. It was Bayne's second Grand National/Winston Cup/Nextel Cup/Sprint Cup (or whatever it's called now) start. WHAT A GREAT KID, he calls Eddie Woods, Sir, ...as he should.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  18. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now, I haven't watched a NASCAR race in nearly two decades. Do tell me which of the Wood Bros. is still working on cars. Last I heard, I think Rousch had bought out the Wood Bros.

I grew way bored with NASCAR before Dale Earnhardt got killed and just haven't followed it much since. I grew up listening to it on the radio and watched it on TV for years until it got so commercial and so refined that it got boring.

19. metalman

metalman

Guess that means I'm old!
    Not much of a Nascar fan these days, don't like the generic cars that all look the same (I miss the days they were really "stock" cars) but I have to admit I enjoyed watching todays race. Cool the old guys (Wood brothers) can still build a car and cool a kid can still win.

20. havi

havi

Wood brothers are still independently owned by Wood brothers. And I agree with Frank.

BTW:

Attached Files:

21. storm king

storm king

I'm going to have to find some video on this. I haven't watched NASCAR since the King left Mopar. I heard this kid is very polite, gave thanks to God, etc. That catches my interest.
    That Ford beat Government Motors? Well, that is the way it should be....

22. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

You got it.Thanks for the thumbnail.

23. newpy383

newpy383

Congratulations wood brothers! It's good to see a driver in nascar with some manners.

24. I've been a race fan ever since I was a kid,through the good times and bad,,today it was very good,,Wood Brothers had the speed Gods smile on them today with a great young guy named Trevor Bayne and the icing on the cake was Leonard Wood was in the pits.:) HRP

25. It was a great race to watch, exciting right down to the last lap. 'Great to see the Wood Bros back in victory lane.

26. Best 500 in a long, long time!

Wood Bros are old school cool and the kid is alright, hope they win some more.

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

27. silent rick

silent rick

it was also hockey day in america

28. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Great Race, won by a super polite young 20 year old driver, driving the Wood Bros famous #21 they are part time participants. Ford should jump on this Band Wagon. When was the last time you saw other NASCAR drivers rush over to congratulate the winner. Looks good on Nascar.:cool:

29. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Yeah the Woods brothers are an institution it was cool to see them in victory lane again. And Trevor Bayne did a masterful job lots of drama but I hate the kind of racing they did today. Hope Nascar figures a way to get some good old fashioned racing back at Daytona. The way it went all speedweeks will just tear up a bunch of cars and cause a lot of cautions!

30. yes all of the above except the Green Bay Packers ... It was great to see the Rookie win and then have to get directions to Victory Lane after shaking hands with some of Nascars elite