Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ken Eichert - My Dad Passed Away Feb 14th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gaters, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Gaters

Gaters

I had reservations of posting this on the HAMB but I was compelled to tell the HAMB family. It is with a heavy heart I tell you, my dad passed away this past Monday February 14, 2011.

I was able to first tell the story of my dad and his roadster as my first post to the HAMB in Jan 2008. Ryan even used my story as a lead in to the Jalopy Journal at that time (Hot Rod Resurrection). I was overwhelmed with the positive feedback and well wishes from a lot of HAMB members through the past few years. You guys really rooted me on and gave me the spirit I needed to meet a goal that took me 45 years. It came to fruition in May of 2009 (Crewl World). I have met some fantastic people here on the HAMB and times like these I cannot forget to be thankful to those that have given me an "attaboy" or advice when I needed it.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about and following my stories and adventures throughout the years. My dad never asked or expected any recognition but it was me that wanted to shout from the mountain tops about his history and the life he lead as a Hot Rodder. I tried to tell his story without being too boastful but I am proud to be his son. Through my stories and posts about our roadster, I did my best to represent what a great deal he meant to me.

My last tribute to him was to tell his story in Hot Rod Magazine this past December 2010. (Destined to Survive). My dad was the best and I miss him a lot.

Thanks for all your support.

Chris

[​IMG]

2. Vergil

Vergil

So sorry Chris, Dads are a great loss as well as the other family members. I treasure the memories of my Dad and working on cars together as you do. The memories you shared are appreciated, hang in there Chris.

Vergil

3. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your father....Remember the great memories which obviously he left you by your love expressed for him....Remember he's always with you in spirit and in the passenger's seat...God Bless and stay strong and continue to make him proud !

4. so sorry for your loss.

5. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Great picture!

May he rest in peace.

6. 41 C28

41 C28

Prayers for you and your family.

7. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Chris, I'm sorry for your loss.

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Sorry for your loss....it is always tough to loose a Father..
    My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family.
    Bob

9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Believe me when I tell you this Chris, he loved working on cars with you just as much as you loved working on them with him. I'm still able to work with my dad but recently my son has become interested and so now I get to work with both. So, now I know how a father feels also. May he rest in peace.

10. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Very Sorry Chris! A splended hot rodder life he lived cherish the times you spent together!

11. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I would like to leave you with this one thought, as a young man I constantly bragged about my Fathers accomplishments in life. One of my classmates said, " you talk about your Pops too much, he didn't do all those things!".
    I replied, "I love him and someone has to tell the stories he won't."

Here's to your Dad!

12. rick finch

rick finch

He lived the life and had a great story to tell.....thank you for sharing it with us.

13. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Again Chris I offer you and your family my condolences on the loss of your father.

The picture of the two of you together speaks a thousand words - great times, great memories, and much relief that the two of you could enjoy the car - whilst he still had time to do it.
    I guess the car has even more meaning for you now - enjoy it and the fond memories you have in it.
    All the best my long distance friend
    Mark

14. Sorry for your loss, I loved the picture in Hot Rod of him driving the car again, it was great.

Remember the good times.

RIP

15. Chris, Sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

I love this pic of your dad, he looked 17 again.
    [​IMG]

RIP Ken!

16. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I've just re-read all the threads of your Dad, and your family and your roadster.

I'm touched by the respect you have for your elders, and for the love you shared with your father.

Chris, time will heal the wounds of your loss, in the meantime take heart in the fact that your on-line and long distance buddies are thinking of you

17. Condolences to you, family and friends.

18. D Staig

D Staig

Chris, 'Destined to Survive" is a really cool tribute/story with some inspiring pictures...Thankyou!

All the best mate...very sorry for your loss.

Dave.

19. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

The only thing more rewarding than living a long, full, and wonderfull life... Is having one of your Sons or Daughters who "get" where your comming from, and make an effort to follow in your footsteps.

Chris, I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

20. papaford60

papaford60
    from illinois

He's cruisin with god now, probably starting a new project, best wishes papa

21. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

wow, very sorry for your loss Chris...
    I'm sure you made him more happy then you can imagine by getting that car together again!

R.I.P. Mr. Eichert

22. Gaters

Gaters

You guys are the best! A lot of encouraging words that are very much appreciated.

23. HotRod33

HotRod33

As long as you remember him and cherish his memories he will be riding right along side of you. You may not see him but you will feel his presence........

24. I remember driving the Van while that guy shot pic's of him,at El Mirage.....He lived the Hot Rod life!!!!!!!
    Sorry for your loss,Gators!!!!!! RIP

25. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Sorry for your loss

26. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

27. the other me

the other me

Chris, my sincere codolences to you and your family. Cherish the memories, as they will help you make it through the tough times. It is great when a father and son can share what you both have. RIP Ken....GODSPEED.

28. Sorry For Your Loss.

29. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

R.I.P. a true Hot Rodder !!

30. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

great old man and great car, i lost mine 12 years ago this year. time doesnt heal all wounds, but great memories and remembering the laughs and drives definetly helps. i look forward to reading more. dan