Register now to get rid of these ads!

Puyallup Early Bird Swap Feb. 19 & 20

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41plym, Feb 14, 2011.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Don't forget to take pics and post them for those of us that love those swap meets. Hope the weather is agreeable for you.

2. 1320/150

1320/150

cold and sunny!!!! uhhhhh I mean cancelled due to rain!!!

3. what did you score ? I found a Fenton finned aluminum side cover for my Ford Flathead Six. Bought a wiper conversion for my Nomad and some little pages. Great weather, cold but worth it !

4. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

not much - windage tray for a V8 Pontiac.

5. Update from Puyallup, cold and sunny, but awesome clear blue skies. On my drive to Puyallup, you could see all the snow capped mountains for a hundred miles. There was lots of folks enjoying a swap meet without rain. Money was changing hands, parts flying out the door. Old friends talking bull shit, swapping stories and making deals.
    One Crusty One bought a couple of old Chevy Ram manifolds, a pair of 327 valve covers, and Marty's old tail gate. Saw some sweet deals and a bunch of other people's junk.
    From what I saw, I believe the car scene in the Pacific Northwest is alive and healthy.

6. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Well I got two micrometer's, one old twist drill and a 1934 WA state plate.

Oh yeah, and some fur....for a project.

Good to see every one and good times, cold but good times.....Roach.

(The new catch phrase for Chopy rods is....... Chupacabra Rod)

7. chevyben

chevyben
    from washington

I got a fuel Gage to complete my set. But otherwise I tried to spend money but there wasn't anything to buy but none car junk it seemed.

8. rustdodger

rustdodger

I picked up a pair of Merc. valve covers for a y-block, u-bolts to lower my shoebox and a fifties ford steering wheel along with a few other odds and ends. It was good to see that the sun still exists with my own eyes! I kept an eye out for Rev. Jack and his E'brock heads and missed them if they were there! I'll see you guys in Monroe...

9. 1320/150

1320/150

I scored a couple nine inch pumpkins,some gauges for my OT car ,and some nice bongo's!!!!

10. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Didn't seem like there were any huge scores this year, just decent buys on some nuts and bolts parts. Picked up a stromberg 97 for five bucks on friday and got a REALLY crusty 48 for ten on saturday. That was about it for me...mostly smalls and stuff too boring to mention. Johnny

11. willeys41

willeys41
    from seattle

Wanted to go bad but Back when out and no one would push me around in wheel chair.Have to wait for next one.In Kent Wa

12. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

Somebody had one of those old fashioned wheelchairs for sale, all wood and leather - right out of "Red Dragon"....

13. Joe King

Joe King

I bought a nice 150lb anvil in gig harbor on my way home

14. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Ha! Seen It!! That was kool.......Roach.

15. I bought a set of chrome backing plates, original set of Rajah plug ends, nice column drop with working key, some gauges, nice F-1 steering box and some other shit. I did buy a 39 tranny with a busted tower (they dropped it unlading it this morning) for 50.00 marked it sold and went back with a cart and another guy in the same booth sold it to someone else. Pissed me off but what do you do, they game me my money back.

Saw lots of Hambers and good deals. My Dad and Brother scored quite a bit as well!

16. Thanks for the report Crusty! Always glad to hear that the rod scene is alive and well, and people getting the stuff they need at swap meets! For a few years there I was worried that evilbay would kill off the swap meets I love so much, glad to see thats not happening!

17. studefreak

studefreak

I went with the intention of selling and not buying and was doing great job UNTIL this cream colored 54 stude commander coupe pulled in behind me with a frickin for sale sign in it . Couldnt help myself :confused:

18. anybody buy the electric chair?

19. Commando66

Commando66

You bought Shawn's 54? That's a great car!

20. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Took my oldest son we had a blast. I sold damn near everything " Yea man thats a buck and take that with ya too" Good to see it all go. AND I only bought 8 steering wheels. Yes I have a problem.
    Sweet gold chains all around.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  21. That was my buddy's 54, congrats you bought one great little Stude enjoy it ! Runs like a champ, it's great little car.

22. rainh8r

rainh8r

I found a nice set of 34 commercial headlights for $40, an Offy intake for BBC for $30, a set of guages for a 36 (both sides) for $30, and a finned regulator cover for $10. Great weather and a fun meet. There were even a couple of reasonalbly priced cars there, like the 31 Model A 2-door for $4500/offer and a 47 2 door driver for $6500 that looked good.

23. I saw that car also and thought it was a great deal!!!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  24. I bought a new 48-55 Ford truck fuel tank for my Whippet and an old auto canceling blinker/flasher for cheap. Good news is that the tank fits like a glove!!!! I saw lots of killer deals but I spent my $1500 car funds savings the week before. Now I have to sell some stuff so I can buy some stuff at the Portland swap meet and the Monroe swap meet.

25. madhman

madhman

Was there Sat morn when it opened looking for a manual - ton of people and good deals.
    Bought wrong manual!!! Went back this AM to get the right one- ghost town!!

26. without pics... it never really happened... :)

Post pics when you can for us poor slobs on the east coast!

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yea man I bailed saterday afternoon

28. Saturday was the day to go !

29. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Did ok selling on Sat., very little on Sun. Had fun, saw lots of friends. Bought a pile of Hot Rod magazines from the fifties, just about finished the decade. Made a deal on a SBC tripower just in time. A guy had been there earlier to look at it & showed up to buy it, too late. I had a home made "banner" tacked up on the wall in the space, didn't get to meet any of you guys (I was out of the booth scroungin' alot) but the people with me said a few guys stopped & said "Hi".

30. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I only got to leave my booth two times. Didn't see much of anything. I need a Hamb banner