Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1965 and older only please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joshua Shaw, Jan 17, 2008.

1. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

2. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

3. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

4. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

5. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

6. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

7. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

8. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

9. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Hello, I contacted Rollie Lindblad. A real nice guy. I got to talk to him about the badger I have. I got information on all the badgers. He also talked about Bob Lockard nothing but nice things. Also how good Bob was with engines. How he could make them sing! I hope to speak with him again. I also got in touch with Johnny Parsons Jr. another very nice man. He told me stories about Bob and Danny racing the badger’s. Stuff you just cant buy! I cant say enough about the people I have come in contact with about this car. It amazes me how nice and helpful people you don’t even know can be. I want to thank every one who has helped me. I wouldn’t of got this far with out you!
    “Don’t wake me up” Thanks, Tom :D

Attached Files:

10. deucemac

deucemac

Josh,

Thanks for the greatest thread I have ever read. I started reading this at page 91 and have studied every page since. Thanks to one and all for the great pictures, information and stories. My dad would drag me to Johnny Pawl's place in Crown Point when I was small and it formed an addiction that I still greatly enjoy today. I will continue to read, watvh and learn. And most of al enjoy. Thanks again everybody.

11. Ovalmeister

Ovalmeister

Lee....with the flurry of awesome photos! Very cool stuff, those cars are works of art, as are your photos. Thanks for posting them!
    David.

12. Ovalmeister

Ovalmeister

Tom....

Awesome work so far! I'm sure that I'm one of many on here who can't wait to see the finished product, great stuff!!
    I found a photo I took a long time ago at an indoor race in Ft. Wayne of Jim Gates in one of the badgers, #34. I'll try to post it if you want. It's a close up shot of the car in the pits.

David.

13. Bob Cicconi

Bob Cicconi

I know a lot of other people already said it, but I want to thank Lee Greenawalt for sharing all the neat photos he took with us! Great photography, and a nostalgic trip down memory lane! :)

14. daveww1

daveww1

15. daveww1

daveww1

16. daveww1

daveww1

17. daveww1

daveww1

18. daveww1

daveww1

19. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

I personally think that's absolutely AWESOME!!!

The Ford pickup (1940?) and the race car on the trailer behind it .. both beautifully restored.

20. Lee and Daveww1.......keep those photos coming ....excellent

21. gearguy

gearguy

22. metal bender

metal bender
    from texas

FOR sale on EBAY

Attached Files:

23. 4everblue

4everblue

Vinyl lettering??????????

24. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Hello, Ovalmeister. I cant wait to finish her either Ha Ha. Slow going lately, Cant wait to get the engine back in! Then I can finish running all the lines. Doing the body last. Got A line on some more photos of the car back in the day. I want to get it right as far as the paint and numbers go. Lacking photos of the left side looks like, of cores most pictures are taken from the infield. If you have any photos of the Badgers I would love to see them. I think the #35 that you are talking about is the old Bob Lockard badgerIII. I believe Glenn Winstrip (not sure of the spelling on the last name) owned the car at the time and still dose today. I sold him A high port head for the badger he has like A week or so ago. I tried to give it to him or triad for A couple older wheels I need 7in ones. He wouldn’t just take it. One really nice guy. Well anyway I am going to post A couple photos of the badger with JP and Joe Saldana Driving. I have been trying to get in contact with some drivers of the car. If any one can help point me in the right direction I would be great full.
    Joe Saldana
    Weeks
    Tom Steiner
    Rice
    Fantastic photos lately keep them coming!! Thanks, Tom :D

Attached Files:

25. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Cant seem to down load my photos, I will try again.

Attached Files:

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Dave (or others) would you happen to have a photo of the front of this car? I'm loving the colors and scallops. Gary

27. jjones752

jjones752
    from Indy

Try post 13783, 2 pages back...

28. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Duh, thanx. Don't know how I missed it. Then again, the front view doesn't seem as striking as the back for some reason. Gary

29. racer5c

racer5c

30. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Tom...
    I'll be brief, you can write me if you want more info.
    Rice ran that car once in Columbus in 75. Saldana ran it once, Night before the 500 since JP couldnt. Steiner ran it a couple times. Both at Blue Island Speedway in chicago if I remember correctly.Weeks ran the new one..(3). Same Car that Wente, Pancho, Tripp, Mac, etc...ran. Any results from 77 up will be the newer car, or the yellow pinto powered car. Car looks good, still looking for the big air scoop for it. I dont want to clutter this up any more than I have...pm me.