Register now to get rid of these ads!

So you know you married the right girl when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FatfenderJ, Feb 19, 2011.

1. FatfenderJ

FatfenderJ

The wife and I were riding down the road with the kids and she picks up my HAMB calender and reads "Big Time" at the front of the calender. She finishes reading and turns to me says "why aren't you an Alliance member? It only 50 bucks surely you've got 50 bucks somewhere?" and that was sort of the end of the conversation and we went on to other things. I thought why aren't I an Alliance member. I've thought about it lots of times but never got it done. So here you go babe, ya I had 50 bucks and what better place to spend it. Sorry Ryan it took me so long. To the rest of you procrastinators on here stop being such a tight ass and sign up.... Just a thought.

2. blackdog49

blackdog49

So you know you married the right girl when....she spends her saturday helping you remove a front windshield and rear window and then helps clean up the messy garage! To the great ones!

3. Fenders

Fenders

...when her grandma has a model A in the garage.
    (Oh wait, that's another thread...)

4. peter johnson

peter johnson

When she finishes work early to help you pick up new engine when all your MATES are to busy last week!

5. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

When she doesn't complain about anything that i am working on and parts all over the place...... NICE......

6. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

When she finds u a 29 coup and buys it.for herself.

7. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

My wife asked me to build her a hot rod too.

8. TheTotalGearhead

TheTotalGearhead
    from Wisconsin

When she yells at you to get off the couch and get back to working on the hot rod.... as she hands you the Visa Gold card! ;)

9. On our wedding night, 4 in the morning she's helping me finish screenprinting a bunch of skateboards (I had a skateboard company) so we could pack them the next day to take on our honeymoon trip/sales trip drive to Florida...that's hard core!

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

10. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

My girlfriend brings me beer. Im happy.

11. She tells you to stop talking about buying and doing up an old car and says to get of your ass and buy one. Even if it involves buying one from the US and shipping it to Australia.

12. sir

sir

A picture is worth a thousand words....

Attached Files:

13. When she looks after your swapmeet stand while you go oogle all the cool cars on display.
    And more so when you get back and she has SOLD stuff for way more than I would have.
    Bless her ...

14. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

Mine convinced me to get another project I don't need. Then told me to go buy more parts for her car.

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

When you're struggling to pick up the rear axle for your car and she runs to help! Even I was impressed last week when she did that! :)

16. Several years ago she said she had been missing spending time with me and we are going to spend the afternoon doing what I wanted "no matter what". So we parted out a full size buick.

17. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

when she gets her own car then pushes you to finish it - she chose the car, she chose the colors, she chose the body mods

18. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

When she goes out and buys you 4 new Cadillac wire wheels for your anniversary. Love ya baby!

19. seatex

seatex

The Chick with the power washer wins!

20. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Couple of years ago I had just finished my 48 pick up. Done--detailed--finished!! Bought my wife out to the garage to show off the last details. She's as happy about it as I am!! I come back out the garage later and there's 2 pillows and a blanket made up in the bed, my wife comes out and says Honey,now that the truck is finished, don't you think we ought to test out the bed? DAMN I love that woman!! Simple Green

21. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Anymore??? Im taking notes here.

22. trifiveshawn

trifiveshawn
    from Ohio

just got engaged a week ago... been together for a while and she goes to shows with me and never cares what projects i drag home.. holidays are easy to get me gifts; parts. I just hope this doesnt change when we are hitched lol

23. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

When she's stoked to leave school at 8pm when you get out of class on thursday, drive seven hours to your house, spend all of friday and saturday in a cold barn trying to get you car ready for Alterboy's/gathering of the faithful. AND DOESNT EVEN GET A LITTLE ANNOYED WHEN YOU CANT TAKE IT TO THE SHOW! except we're not married...yet.

24. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

I knew I married the right girl when she said she would never try to get me to give up cars cause that's who I am and that's who she married. If that wasn't enough, she came out to the shop a bunch of times to make sure the car was going to be ready for the spring so we could go cruising! Then she bought herself a project and also became the events coordinator of our local car club. Oh, she likes beer and loves hockey WAY more than I do!:eek::D Yup, her Daddy raised her right!

25. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

We just left motorama in Indy, Feb 2010, we went to dinner ran into uncle scooby chatted for a while get a phone call from one of my buddies while we are eating.

He says, just heard of a ''A'' coupe body for sale if you don't want it i'm buying it.

I looked at her and told her what my buddy said and she said get it. I said with what money. She said we have the money, we have been saving to go on our honeymoon with just use that,

I said, no, I know that is important to you

she said it's an investment, i use that line a lot, lol

so monday morning a couple of great friends helped me get it.

We did go to Mexico for our honrymoon so it all worked out, now she wants it done so she can drive it, I'm not to sure about that, lol

26. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Mine has big boobs. I'm happy.

27. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

not married, but I know I have the right girl when she called me up and said she is buying a 1940 Pontiac, and she needs to use the trailer!

Also holding the umbrella over me and giving me water at the staging lanes in our dragster... but she wont be doing it this year.... SHES RACING NOW

28. When she transfers the money out of savings so you can go buy a parts car.... And stills says I love you when you find out the motors blown!!

29. Been together since the early eighties. She is not affraid to get in there and help work on what ever project we have going . Oh and she can drive too.

30. big bad john

big bad john

.....When she saids....."Go to your weekly hotrod club meeting...drink some beer and have fun"