Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgia A/F dragster.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lippy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. oj

oj

Fine looking piece Lippy, glad to see that somebody did some engineering to get the steering under the header. You gonna try to get it to the Old Timers Reunion at Bowlin Geen KY next year? See you there if you make it. I'd like to have a closer look. oj

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hi Phil!!:D We have so many good friends that have helped us with parts, advice, and just flat great support. Next year we will really try to roll hard and fast. Just got home from working on it today. I just can'rt thank all our friends enough. :cool: I'm getting old, gotta do this deal now. :D Again thankyou from us old farts. Nitro. and as a friend says, dry hops for everyone!!

3. LZ

LZ

Hello Lippy:

Sending you an Email...:)

4. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

What a great looking rail. You guys did it right.

5. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

That is one loooooooooooooong SOB
    Good luck with it.

6. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I hope Leon got that rocker push rod deal worked out. That barrel valve he had sure looked trick.

7. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

Looks great,We need more FED in Kansas.

8. 296ardun

296ardun

What a great ride, please keep us posted...keeps a Kansas tradition of tough fuel-burning cars...they used to show up in Colorado and really put on a show...this one is really done right.

9. Wow, how did I miss this thread when you first posted it!? Very cool to see her under construction. Cooler still that you're not afraid to hit the loud pedal. :)

Ricky, I'm working on one but she'll only burn alchy.

10. My wife is from Kansas,,,does that help?????????? :)

11. colorado51

colorado51

Wow, nicely done!

Haul that thing up here and run it at Bandimere....its not THAT far!

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thankyou Vince, we had the car back halved at a shop, told them we wanted a five point old style cage. I told them to be sure and call and tell me when to come down and get fitted cause we wanted the cage tight. They called and said...ok, the car is done! I said DONE? Oh well this guy so and so is about your size so we just built it around him.:mad: I was so mad when I saw the car. We paid the bill and brought her home. My partner Larry and I sat and looked at the cage and the more we looked at it the more pissed off we got. He said, what are we gonna do? I walked over to the bench, reached under it and grabbed the sawzall. Walked over to the cage and cut it off.:D I told Larry...now we have to fix it!!:p Took it to a friend of mine's shop, I bought the chromemoly, used his bender and he tigged it on for us. Now it looks the way we wanted! Lippy

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Yes we do Ricky. There are more than I thought out there though. Not many inj nitro FED's though. It's just getting so darn expensive. I guess really it always has been though. Lippy

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Uhhh.......no. LOL.:p:D Good show at the HRR . sorry about the push car deal. Lippy

15. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

The car looks really nice good job
    later
    RC

16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thanks R.C. we are putting another 354 together, the other one met up with an unfortunate accident.:( We'll be out again this spring to try her out. Would like to bring it to the HAMB drags this year. Lippy

17. Lippy:
    Any progress reports on your A/Fuel car ??
    We both seem to be responding to another thread about an injected NITRO FED.
    Updates are always good.
    Matt

18. carshopowner

carshopowner

Any new updates, as the saying goes, how did I miss this thread?

19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

My partner Larry got cancer and we parted ways till he's well, so now we build another car. He bought us out. So now the new car is an inj BBC on pop. Soon I'll have chassis pics. Lippy

20. lawman

lawman

Love it love it and I love it !!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

21. Lippy:
    Any news for us that want more Nitro injected FEDs??
    Matt