Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Hearts, Budget TV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopsaw209, Feb 17, 2011.

1. To all the cool guy haters, piss-off in advance.

This is pretty funny and has some cool hot rods and creative merit if you can get past the cheezy 80's satire. It's rad to see people with no obvious budget make funny hot rod stuff.

http://vimeo.com/9059133

2. PeeVee

PeeVee

That was pretty cool. Watched part 1 and 2. Im hooked I need part 3.

3. Right?? Those guys did some good work for a low budget production!

4. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

My son wants to know when I was in the movies... That McMasters guy could be my twin brother. No kidding!! :D

5. I love how he pops out of the van with two chicks and a cloud of "smoke"...hahaha!

6. RichG

RichG

I tried, I really did, but the popped collars, the pastels, the Sammy Hagar, it was all just too much for me... lived it, no thanks.

7. haha what a ridiculous idea. I enjoyed it! ....but 1980's style can still suck it.

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

Sorry. I really tried but couldn't make it through.

9. I hear ya RichG, I think half my brain melted watching that. I guess I'm not a half wit anymore.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

do people not see the humor in this?

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

I think that made me stoned.

12. Its really funny when you just watch it. I laughed my ass off watching the second one
    "nobody jams jimmy....jammer" haha

again good work who ever made this.

13. RichG

RichG

I know they're trying to be humorous, and that's cool, I just couldn't stand living through it the first time. Children of the Seventies, thrust into adulthood in the Eighties, we saw some messed up stuff. The funny thing is, the older I get, the less nostalgic I get for that time frame. I guess my memories are still a little too accurate. I'll try watching again in ten years, maybe by then the scene changes from "Love, American Style" won't freak me out so much.

14. I would have liked it better if it played smoothly, but it jerked about and was hard to watch. must be a distance thing. i even joined up and it didnt help.
    Im looking forward to more, if i can get it to play smoothly.

15. bowtie40

bowtie40

nostalgia? I don't think so...

16. cretin

cretin

I must be a cool guy hater.

17. voodoo1

voodoo1

You're Killin me Smalls....

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It's bad film school 101. Gary

19. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Its like bay watch...only without pam anderson

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

80's?? I don't think so. I'm not even curious enough to look. My 35 year old is starting to admit that Dad is right...the 80's did suck (as they used to say in the 80's). Being a boomer, I can claim that ours (60's) was the last cool decade and not get a lot of disagreement over it. And those 50's....wow, a whole other deal. But yeah, for cheese, the 80's, dude.

21. chuckbob

chuckbob

Where is my old "Members Only" jacket so I can burn it. I agree fully that the 80's did suck. Special spark plugs? I guess the writers were hanging out in the Van way too much.

22. flatoz

flatoz

if you go to the top right of the video screen and hit the 'watch it later' and give it time to down load it won't do what your getting. give it a few minutes. your downloads not quick enough.

cheesy beyond belief, I would love to see the outtake's but they did a good job at getting the feeling of bad 80's B grade tv. I cringed, but hey that was the 80's.

my names corey,

could I have been corey HART :D:D

( oh! so bad...:eek::eek::eek:)

23. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

If you stay tuned long enough the Hagar stops and Thin Lizzy kicks in, you can't complain about that, unless of course you're a complete and utter mad person! :)

24. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

25. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

Surf nazis must die!

26. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty humorous actually. Yes, the '80s did suck (I was stuck in the middle of 'em!) but that is why this satire is funny. And Candy Hearts ain't bad for a Michigan girl (just kidding).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  27. RichG

RichG

Ah, a redeeming quality, everything has at least one... I just couldn't get past Sammy, I thought he was going to start singing about love again and I just couldn't take it.:cool:

Now, had they played good Sammy (Three lock box) that would have been different!

28. i had to shut it off after the guy rolled through doing a nose wheelie on a skateboard that was not period correct.

29. NoSurf

NoSurf

Holy shit that is funny stuff.

I think Nads is the leader of the Sharks.