Register now to get rid of these ads!

An Update on 1955 Calendar orders....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So, we did a quick reorder on the 1955 HAMB Calendars a couple of weeks ago. These orders were supposed to ship shortly thereafter. However, our printer (Johnny - a HAMBer and a great guy) experienced some technical issues when his binding machine took a crap. I, of course, then went out of town for 7 days with the family...

In the mean time, Johnny got everything fixed, back in operational order, and the calendars all finished up. A guy in a brown truck picked them up and they were due on my door step on this past Monday. They didn't show.

Today, we got word that the boxes were officially lost. Shit.

Anyhow, if you are one of the fellas so patiently waiting on a calendar expect an email shortly. Luckily, the boxes were insured and Johnny is currently working his tail off reprinting the calendars again. I'll have him respond to this thread with a shipping date.

Sorry again for the issues fellas... I'm ashamed.

Ryan.

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

No need to be ashamed ...
    it is on the guy with the BROWN truck ...

He has a stash of 1955 calendars now.

It's all GOOD :D

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Problems happen. Anyone can look good when all goes well. It's how you deal the problems that determines one's real character. Sounds like you and Johnny are doing about all you can on this one. Life isn't perfect; never will be, never should be.

4. Well,I was almost right,,pony express would have been faster than ups,,

No big deal,,I've waited this long I can wait until the new batch is completed,less pages to flip when it arrives!:D HRP

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sometimes when you step in crap, you just knock it off and keep going bruther! no problems, happens to us all. We really appreciate everything you do Ryan!!

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Someone should watch e-bay to see if any HAMB 1955 calendars show up there for sale...not saying the big brown truck driver appropriated them, but UPS does not have a good reputation for delivering stuff...I'm just sayin'....

R-

7. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Im really sorry guys..... I wish It would have turned out different. First it was my binding machine and now the boys in brown.

The good news is I went and got more paper this morning and have already started working on it. Here are 4 calendar pages done. Still have the rest of the small pages the foldouts and the covers. Those get folded. The covers get scored and folded and then punched and wire bound. Lots of steps but Im going to have my guys work overtime to get this done.

[​IMG]

8. John Denich

John Denich

HAHA good one Johnny! the old UPS lost my package huh!!! SOOO does this mean we can still submit pictures for it???? Where is that thread!

9. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

you are a riot....I'm also finishing up that center spread posters you wanted with you and Ian rousell on the hood of you Chevy.

10. Jimm56

Jimm56

Sure glad I got one from the first printing! Great job on the printing. Editorial content ain't bad, either.:)

11. MEYER8821

MEYER8821

Hey don't worry about it, i know it will be awesome, its worth the wait!

12. Johnny,don't worry about it,poo happens and that's part of life,,we can wait a while longer,,BTW,,do you really need to print January and February.:D [​IMG] HRP

13. I helped a guy here with his Model A. He gave me this calender as a thank you gift. WOW.... very cool layout this year, love all the details. I also like to make notes on my calenders, so the added paper is cool. Love the stats, very good job guys! Great present!

14. 54BOMB

54BOMB

50 Years from now the lost calendars are going to be part of an urban legend. ".. in 2011 a rail car full of HAMB calendars fell into one of the great lakes..." :D

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

well hell, Ive waited this long Ryan...whats a bit longer...

16. There was a second batch? Man, how do I keep missing this stuff?!

Is it possible to order 5 somehow?

17. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

i kept trying to order but they are always sold out....ryan any way to get a third run going problem is i dont have a credit card any way we can send money orders

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got one of the first run, looked it over (KOOL!) then sent it on to another HAMB bud up in Minnesota who was busted up in a snowmobile accident a couple weeks ago. He needs lots of reading and look-at stuff, 'cause he broke his right leg, left foot, left arm and right hand, plus a couple of ribs. OUCH! His HAMB friendly car is done, 50 Chevy fastback with GMC 302 six, and he's in the middle of a frame-off rebuild of an early 70's Monte Locar. That's gonna be on hold for a while.

I did get one ordered from the 2nd run, so waiting isn't a problem.

19. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

the same brown truck guy has a $1800 wheel of mine. spent over a year looking for it with NO luck! took it all the way to the CEO, still no luck. now i only use the white truck guys.

sorry for the rant. stay away from UPS!

-danny

20. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I got one of the first batch, It is worth the wait

21. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

as long as i get it by april.............no worries, ha

22. dodgord

dodgord

its ok , without it i dont know what day it is anyway!

23. roberts garage

roberts garage

i am new to the hamb, ryan is it possible to still order a calander ? robert 386-409-9291 thanks

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Wow, that sucks!

25. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

No problem Ryan, mine is on order and it'll get here when it gets here. Hey what's today? Thursday?

26. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

How do I order some? I must not of been paying attention

Thanks

27. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Ok guys. I have everything folded and cut. It is going into bindery tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated on the status. Thank you for your patience.

28. rodl

rodl

Hey Ryan, I'm a newbie, didn't know about the calendar, but if you're are doing a new run, could I get one?
    RodL

29. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

I'd gladly prepay for one if another run is made.

30. Is there an updated ETA yet on these