Register now to get rid of these ads!

av8 Paul Paul Howard sad news

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Garage Lady, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Oh wow. Another great Hamber gone. I want to go just like Paul..doing what I love.
    Let me hit the ground in mid-step. I will miss this great and knowledgable guy.

2. adam401

adam401

Very sad news and a great loss to the New England hot rod community. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

3. This breaks my heart,I met Paul & his wife in 1999 at the Charlotte,North Carolina Goodguys show and he often visits friends in South Carolina so we have become good friends and fire PM's back and forth.

He loved the old traditional cars and was an extremely nice guy.

My prays for Paul and Marge and there family and friends,,Godspeed. HRP

4. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

I just heard,so so sad,Paul was a great guy,RIP.

5. Rem

Rem

Damn, that's sad news. I only "knew" him through the internet, originally from his always-helpful posts on the old Fordbarn. He, and his Roadster, were definitely drivers.

6. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Dude, totally sucks. You'll be missed.

7. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I still can't believe this is true!

Here's a few of my recent pics of Paul, Marge and friends from CA a couple of weeks ago...that smile will never be forgotten!!

Attached Files:

8. Tank

Tank

Had the pleasure of meeting paul and looking at his roadster a few years back at Bonneville. Really Nice guy.

9. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

So sorry to hear this bad news. RIP Paul

10. Phxsinner

Phxsinner

R.I.P. Paul.....

11. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I never had the pleasure of meeting Paul but I recognize the roadster from shows back home. One of the coolest cars to ever come out of Mass. RIP, Paul.

12. cball

cball

this is very sad news, and a great loss to the hot rod community, especially in new england.

13. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

I comented on this same picture,heard from him yesterday.

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

Rest in peace Paul.

15. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

Ive known Paul for only 6 years now, but from Day one he was one of my closest friends. His stories were ones to be heard "Lies" as he called them, his wisdom to always be taken seriously, but it was always given out freely. Untold hours and miles of cruising out and back to Bonneville were always good times, even on the worst days (like being in winter gear in the mountains of Wyoming during a freak storm in the roadster) I still remember the day he threw me the keys to the roadster and told me to take it up the road...He wanted to see how she looked in "race trim"...we surprised him by tearing off anything that wouldnt have been on it to race the salt....I also rode in the rumble...without a seat from the salt one night...Making quite the entrance pulling into the hotel making the usual noise his at the time 21 stud would make....I could fill pages with stories....He and Mrs H werent friends in all reality, like all close friends, they became family....He will be missed, but never forgotten....RIP Paul...Thanks for always treating this punk kid as an equal...

17. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

that sucks if theres anything we can do for the family let us know

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Always enjoyed his posts about the Bonneville trips with the Rolling Bones crew. He seemed like he would have been a good man to meet. Now that will have to wait for another time and place. My condolences to his family and friends. Godspeed Paul, may you rest in peace.

Frank

19. lorodz

lorodz

omg so sad ..i used to pm and ask him alot of questions about his roadster ..he was very helpful,l and nice. im a super big fan of his car ...so sad to hear this today .....god bless .r.i.p.

20. What a great loss,R.I.P. Paul.

21. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Sorry to hear this, prayers sent to the family.

22. God, his car is just so...right

23. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Damn, that's a real Bummer, I'm sure glad that I got to spend a few minutes with him at GNRS. I will miss him on the salt this year and my plans to stop at his place on our next trip east are no more.

RIP Bud, will say a prayer for you at the starting line in August.

He was too Damn young to be dead.

B:(B

24. CruZer

CruZer

I'm in shock,too. I always got to visit with him at the Ty Rods Reunion when we did the HAMB get together. He is an east coast hot rod legend.

I'll miss his posts on here.

25. jerry

jerry

What a shock!!!

Definitely one of the nicest guys I have ever met. RIP Paul.

jerry

26. Pete

Pete

Paul,

I will miss you pal! You were indeed a fantastic and kind person throughout. If there was one person that I could say was genuine it would be you, always smiling and happy to stop and chat. Ill always remember the bar in Bonneville with Billy-o and the way we all snuk out while Billy was in the boys room.

I know your in Hot Rod heaven so do me favor and save a rust free roadster for me.

Your buddy Pete Flaven
    Alter boys

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  27. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

WOW.....
    R.I.P. Paul....

28. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Right John, and I jokingly called him "Lance".