Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake Havasu City, AZ Rockabilly Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blown Mopar, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Me and the band will be in Flagstaff playing with The Rocketz on Friday if anyone is rolling through late. I may cruise over to Havasu Saturday morning from Flag.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

If anyone is leaving friday afternoon please pm me. scrapiron and myself are lookin for a few to roll to havasu with .... Drivin the 52 f1

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

PM sent man, but here's a quick rundown if anyone else wants to jump in me. I'll be heading up to Flagstaff friday morning, the band is playing with the Rocketz that night. Staying overnight in Flag and heading over to Havasu Saturday morning. Scheduling is loose, except I do need to be in Flag by 6 pm. It's just me and my lady in her daily, but we are headed that way. Shoot me a PM and such....:cool:

4. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

Youll find me parking cars for the event. Should be a good one.

5. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Nick, you turd. Why didn't you tell me you were playing with the rocketz?! Lucky bastard. Gonna be a good show. Wish I could go to both. But we are heading up to havasu Friday. 1bdsinner, what time are you guys gonna leave? I work with a lady that lives there, she said there is construction going on right now and the best time to leave would be right around noon or one. So we are heading out at noon. Just my brother and me in my 54. Let me know.

6. kayjohn

kayjohn

Sounds like a bunch of us are coming in from Kingman to spectate.

Hope the weather holds out till monday.

7. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

According to the weather 70% chance of rain folks.... dragonknucks I beleive we will be heading out of tempe around 6a.m and most likely make a few stops on the way or who knows if anyone will have any issues in route.

8. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

You mean like this?

Attached Files:

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

You guys are welcome to come along to the show man, ya may even get to see some snow, whatever that is. I'm leaving from the 101/I-10 area at 13:00.

BTW Rocky... the show is ALL AGES so you can bring one of your girlfriends!!!

10. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Hahahha whatever dood. Every chick I've brought around has been over 21! But if I date younger than that its so I can go to the bar without them. Sinner, I take it you guys are leaving Saturday morning then?

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Hey Rock, looks like Jess and I are going to stay up there Sat. night, want to split a room?

12. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

We are rolling out friday morning

13. InPrimer

InPrimer

Been living here for a few yrs, the so call rain in this part of the country is minimal, just a few in" a yr, don't fred........ it'll be ok I have a vert w/no top I'm not worried...

14. mgh13

mgh13

Hey Kurtis! We're heading out tomorrow morning about 9am. More than welcome to caravan with us if you don't have anything nailed down yet. Shoot me a message if you can make it and I'll give you the address where we're meeting. If not, hope to see you there.

15. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

I'd appreciate you NOT spreading my picture all over the Internet. Thanks.

16. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Nick, Im stayin with my brother's lady's family on Friday night. And then with my girl on Saturday night. Sorry man. We are gonna head out of here around noon cuz bobby has to go get shock mounts for his truck. Hope to see you there.

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'll be there Saturday morning, I'll call you when we're rollin in.

18. rbradber

rbradber
    from Choctaw

Who the heck owns that blue Chevy coupe?

19. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Big J just sent me the info but I am heading out a lil earlier than that with some fellas from Tucson... See ya there!

Half of the Tucson group is already headed that way to havasu so if anyone wants to meet at the quick trip off basline and rural @8 am sharp I will drive by and if theres no rides there I will continue on solo with scrapiron as co pilot..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Don't know his name but I think it's a local car and it will probably be at the show. Also saw it cruisin the salt at Bonneville.

21. storm starting to roll in at 7pm Az time 6 pm Cali time, supposed to rain heavy all night and into saturday ...... we got thunder and ugly clouds as I type this message....

22. Damn, thanks fer the ride man - here's a buck fer gais.

It was a long time ago but I been there done that and I wanna do it again and again and again!!!!!!!!! 31 Ford roadster with a sbc, 3-2's and a 4 speed.

How'd you know there was a bear up in there?
    Hot Rod ESP?

23. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Broke down at the rest area outside quartzite. Rear main is leaking oil. Shitty. Took 6 hours to get a trailer. In havasu now. Will drive it to the show. Did not come here for nothin.

24. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

The perfect weather for rat rods ...... FREE PATINA​

25. 3pm saturday...rain gone skies are clearing....rest of the day should be good...and tomorrow as well...

26. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

I would have to say that I will be making this show again next year, Just going to plan some other activities other than just the show to mix it up. This was a scouting mission and a shake down on the truck. We left Saturday afternoon as I had seen one too many ugly fat chics dressed up in pin up clothes. one too many 6 inch jean cuffs. haha.
    We rolled in friday and did the poker run .. hmmm that was a joke of organization

All in all I think that this is a great turn out and a great location for southwest people.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  27. Sunday was packed.......weather was good and traffic backed up for a couple of blocks waiting for a parking spot..... carnival was going full steam.....hopefully next year the weather will be better for all days