Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Very cool "Ed and Jacks Gulf" altered T-bolt...photo taken 131 Dragway Martin Michigan 1965! Can anyone identify this one? :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

3. Locdrjr

Locdrjr

here is a thunderbolt clone my father SuperDan built, this is at Milan MI Ford Nationals

Attached Files:

4. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Former Dick Loehr Rod Tyler Ford Thunderbolt. I talked to Dick many years ago about the car. Name sounds right and he said it was altered. Note location on quarter and lack of 427 ornament

Dick said Charlie Gray told him the hot setup was the automatic, wrong. Also mentioned taking delivery during the winter and almost killing himself in it driving around on the street.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  5. Thank you, Dennis! I appreciate your wealth of T-bolt knowledge! :)

6. If you can't afford an original...build a clone! Glad to see these '64 Fairlanes being saved! :)

Attached Files:

7. Larsen Ford T-bolt in the staging lanes at Dover! Driver & Salesman Bill Kolb Jr.! Gotta' love them traction bars/devices? Cool beans for 1964! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. Dobbs Ferry T-bolt gettin' it done at Dover! :) Plain Jane, beautiful and wicked fast bolt....love it! :)

Attached Files:

9. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

This is a picture that not only shows a great shot of the Larsen Ford Thunderbolt but it shows the whole '60's dragstrip scene. The photo looking downtrack shows us the way dragstrips looked back then. Huge crowds of spectators lined the fences every weekend at local tracks. A '60 Ford sedan launching off the starting line, a '56 Chevy with a shaved trunklid, a '63 Mopar, a VW, and a '55 Chevy's nose makes me wish I had a time machine and could go back to a day when the local dragstrip was the place to be on weekends.

I can say I am lucky enough to be able to look back on those days as I grew up in the '60's era. While never being at this particular dragstrip, a photo like this is in reality a time machine for me.

10. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Looks like Dover Drag strip in Wingdale NY

11. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

ooops already posted

12. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

#2353; " A '60 Ford sedan launching off the starting line, a '56 Chevy with a shaved trunklid, a '63 Mopar, a VW, and a '55 Chevy's nose makes me wish I had a time machine and could go back to a day when the local dragstrip was the place to be on weekends."

You and me both.
    I could see the writing on the wall plainly in 1980. Those days just like those cars and places are gone and not coming back......... ever.
    Tom S. in Tn.

13. canadianzed

canadianzed

Found these on another site... (probably a repost?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Carmel Ford/Vindicator! Awesome car! Who has the original info on this one? :)

Attached Files:

15. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

See Post #2276 for lineage on this car.

Regards,
    Dennis

16. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

This fairlane drag car was at Brannans Southwest Car show in Phoenix a few years back.Anybody know anything about it, Did it ever get finished?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;I have asked around about that Fairlane ever since that show,NO luck! Weren't they from New Mexico or Colorado? I lost[ruined] all my video from the show including an interview with them!There was a ton of work[and money]in that car,it would be a shame if it just vanished!! ROY.

18. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I thought it went to Utah. I asked Jack about it and he dosent know either.Thought we would of seen it by now running somewhere.
    Good job on the avatar.

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;that Fairlane had some great fab work done and an Earl Wade Cammer,I would think it would have surfaced by now[over 4 years]! My buddy got the printer and computer talking so I added the avatar,now I need to re-scan my pictures!! ROY.

20. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

21. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;great picture!! I think that was from the 2009 CHRR.Looks like Phil got a slight hole shot on Todd!! Have you had a chance to work on your T-Bolt? ROY.

22. tbolt64804

tbolt64804

this car became the rebel rouser driven by jimmy donati.the pic was taken at richmond dragway 1965.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

23. Bridenthal

Bridenthal
    from Florida

Just posted several more pictures to 'my album' from the Don Snyder collection.

24. Is the car still around?:confused:

[/QUOTE]

25. tbolt64804

tbolt64804

i,ve been trying for years to find out what happend to the rebel rouser t-bolt(farnham ford). i talked to jimmy donati (driver) but he was in vietnam when his brother sold the car and has no idea where the car went because his brother died before he got back to the usa.
    tbolt64804

26. Muttley

Muttley

27. Muttley

Muttley

28. Muttley

Muttley

29. Muttley

Muttley