Register now to get rid of these ads!

ever use GOLF BALLS inside your tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pug man, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Not just epic. Legendary....:D

[​IMG]

2. retromotors

retromotors

Well yeah on the rest of that shit, but don't be dissin' the Tooth Fairy...!!

3. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I'm sure someone is "Stroking" you.

4. rick finch

rick finch

Use only if you have a "handicap"....:eek: Sorry, I'll leave now.

5. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

The fella' that runs this joint, runs them Dyna Beads, I believe...............Aks him.

6. cheveey57

cheveey57

How did that go? Something about her sucking a golf ball through a garden hose. Well, maybe she could help you out here too................

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Improves range, too.

8. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

I own over 20 semis, and can assure you we dont use anything like golfballs in are fleet. Nor does anyone else I know in the buisiness.

9. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

I'm daily driver only vehicle of a '49 1/2 t Chevy truck and have had the Dyna Beads in for between 4-5 thousand miles. No difference in wear, riding characteristics. Two 1k mile trips.

I'm not a golfer but the golf jokes (puns) need work.

10. no mice just rats

no mice just rats
    from missouri

we have used balance bags (sand bags that break open and turn to dust and then get in the bead and make a mess). liquild balance that makes a slimy mess when you dismount the tire.. and bbs that tear the heck out of aluminum rims... needless to say you cant beat the whole computer balance untill the driver decides to hit a curb and tear the wheel weight off... as far as golf balls go heard of it... never tried

11. Eight433

Eight433

I've heard of big truck guys doing it in the past, but nowadays there are too many products that do a better job for less money, like a product called "equal". It works very well... And does not continue to spin when the vehicle stops.

12. 1ton

1ton

Any car thats got balls is ok with me

13. I have ran the Equal and Dynabeads in my DD Dodge Ram 2500. Both worked as advertised, and no shaking issues with or without hauling a trailer. On my dedicated off-roader running 37" tires I have ran Dynabeads for about 5 years. I have had this thing up to 75mph with no issues. The same story on my smaller wheeler running 33" tires. That being said I have ran these products out of being a long term cheap ass. A machine balance with weights has to be repeated as tires wear. The internal stuff may not be a precise, but it works for 99% of the driving public, and it changes with your tire wear. Therefore no spending $ having still usable tires re-balanced. As stated here in previous posts, the over the road big rigs have been running these products for a few years, as have the racing motorcycle guys (these guys out of not wanting weights slinging off hitting them). In my limited opinion the only guys that complain about internal balancing is the guys that need to pay off balancing machines. Sorry if that opinion offends anyone, but this stuff is such a simple solution it's one of those DUH why didn't I think of that products.

As for the golf balls....sounds like a noisy version of the above mentioned, and more difficult to get the correct amount in there.

14. even if it worked... why? wheel weights do work.

15. Confucius say "man who put balls in tires may be nuts"......Balls--nuts--get it? Ha Ha. Sorry, I'll go away now.

16. 1ton

1ton

Tiger Woods' balls are tired.

17. For big tires it is the amount of weights needed sometimes, and having them re-balanced as they wear. Motorcycles, it 't the off hand chance of being hit with a weight. For normal car tires, both methods are proven, so it comes to if you care about seeing the weights on the wheel, or not. All in personal choice in my opinion. I don't knock anyone that doesn't use the internal weights. I choose to use the stuff out of personal experience, and probably will use it when my car gets off the jack stands and on the road. Others may choose the traditional clamp on/stick on weights out of their experiences, no biggie.

18. badshifter

badshifter

I have a "chip" on my shoulder towards golf balls in my tires. How could you "wedge" them in there? Think of the "divot" it could make in your rims. The ride would be "rough". And I don't like to spend my "green" on silly ideas. This idea is on "par" with spray paint chrome. To some it up, I'm not putting them in the "caddy", or my "golfcart".

19. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

We have trucks with 20,000 lb front axles using large flotation tires. It was impossible to keep them balanced. We had tires trued and balanced but they were thumping within a month and wearing out expensive tires in a hurry. art of the problem was dirt and mud building up on he tires. Another was the weight sitting on the tires when the truck wasn't moving making flat spots.

We tried the Equal packets and it solved the problem. We've used it for 10 years and never balance a tire. It adjusts to changing tire weight and shape instantly.

Golf balls might be too heavy if the tire is just slightly out of balance but they will work.

Water works too, until it freezes.

20. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

That it is!:D

21. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Hey, it's better than just hitting them into the woods.

22. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Golf balls??? And all this time, I thought my volkswaggon was a girl :rolleyes:

23. S.F.

S.F.

hahahaa!!!

24. jandk

jandk

Who told you that....a "birdie"?

25. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

26. Patdoody

Patdoody

I know they use something like little rubber pellets in quad/atv tires to help balance them.

27. slim tempo

slim tempo

I could be losing them on the golf course. Why not put them to good use?

28. thegrappler

thegrappler

Well aside from the golf balls and jokes, seems there is a valid tech tip here. Most of the nay sayers have never tried it, and the ones that have swear by it.

29. My understanding is he prefers to be called Captain Floss, Plaque Man, or The Molinator.

And I have heard in a pinch you can use honey in your tires if you lose a weight.

30. Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi

bwahha^^^^^ GOOD ONE.. i wonder if anyone actually thought about that...