Register now to get rid of these ads!

9" ford housing repair ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FKNPOZER, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Can it be done? One of the axle bearings dug into the axle tube and oblonged it.

If it can be fixed,does anyone know of a place in so cal and maybe an idea as to how much?

Any help would be great.thank you.

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Most of the fabrication shops (S&W, Mark Williams, ART) sell housing ends and a competent shop and I'm sure there are plenty in SoCal. can weld it on.

Pat

3. Currie is in s cal some where.

4. fitzee

fitzee

Might be best to cut the end off and install a new end. You can buy the ends and if you handy with a cutting wheel and a welder you can fix it yourself.The aftermarket one butt weld on but if you have another old housing you can cut the end off and it will press fit inside your housing. But remember there is a number of different ends and housing so make sure they are the same.

5. GUYS,THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.I've SEEN THE REPLACEMENT TUBES(DUH!!!! on my part).

its hell having a drug addeled brain.

again thank you.

6. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Any competent machine shop should be able to build it up and machine it to size.