Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2011 Meet & Greet, Hot Rod Mingle, & other useful info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 3, 2011.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'd love to see the kitchen!

2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

No worries just make sure you all stop by the garage and say hi before you bugger off in the bus:D

3. rbroadster

rbroadster

Finally got my air tickets and rental finished. I'm in!!

Glad to hear the boys from Jersey will be back.

Ready for more squirrel stompin'?!?!

- RBR

4. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Oh yeah, sounds really good to me honey. Looking forward to having a sleep over at your house
    Hahahahahahahaha
    And thank you Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by hotrodladycrusr [​IMG]
    You can ride with me home after the Meet & Greet if you want and I'll brin you back to Cobo on Sunday morning-ish. My couch is real confortable.;)
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Careful Eddie... It's a TRAP!!!

She'll have you on KP before you know what hit you! :eek:

5. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

hahah I was going to attempt the same thintg with the 55 poncho but im taking a friends 31 down there whos in iraq right now....good luck with your "sale"

6. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We'll be out on Friday. I'd love to see the Heritage collection again. I was lucky enough to do the HAMB tour of it a few years back.

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Derrick .. Give me a call when you get in town

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Derrick:

I am going to give GM a year or 2 to get their shit together and then contact them to see about another tour.

I'll be there, setting up the Chebby on the main floor in the CAVALCADE OF CUSTOMS DISPLAY.

Hope to see a bunch of folks, prolly be mostly hanging out downstairs at the So What site.

B:)B

9. sounds like your talking from experince there safari what did she make you do? I have no problems being a house bitch for denise .I will clean her toilet before the party no problem.
    I will get to see her house up close and personal. I'm dieing to see that kitchen and figured I would short sheet her bed when she's not looking too, or aleast take pictures of me in her bedroom sprauld out on her bed .
    hahahaha.
    I did that heritage tour too acouple years ago what a place . would love to do that again. awesome picture of the first corvette was in the crappier I think! hey derrick, bruce was suppose to drive out maybe you can bring him with you have like a caravan going.

10. slik

slik

Looking forward to meeting some of the HAMBers. I plan on being there Saturday.

11. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm not going to be able to make it....I spent my monthly extra money on a 1930 model A..next year for sure..see you at LSRU

12. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I'll be there again this year. My 17 year old daughter will have her RWB 61 Econoline truck also. She's so freaked out about havin it there. I'll see at the Single Finger Garage.

13. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

You guys allow people like me?? Ill be there.

14. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

Denise you know I'm coming. I made a little something for your house, can't wait to give it to you Saturday nite. How about a shuddle bus from Cobo to your party? I'm in. Customizer2024 :rolleyes:

15. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Originally Posted by rbroadster

Ready for more squirrel stompin'?!?!

- RBR

Thats funny you should bring this up as Saturday I had a heating and cooling guy over to talk about my 54 year old furnance and I told him the squirrel stompin story. We were both rolling on the basement floor.

You mean this guy??? Wish I could be there

[​IMG]

16. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

For sure. Did you call me a few weeks back around the Marratta show?
    I heard that collection/building was no longer around, until now. Like to see it again someday. Did you get my hotel reg. form?

I don't know my travel plans as of yet so I don't want to make any plans I can't keep.
    That was the plan, still haven't figured everything out yet. I think he actually moved on with the whole Bedazzled thing, I'd probably lock up my makeup though if I were you.

17. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Yes I did ...........

18. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I heard that collection/building was no longer around, until now. Like to see it again someday.There is a post on here about a tour on Friday, I am signed up for it. So it must be still around

Did you get my hotel reg. form? Yes I did, pm me for your conf number

I don't know my travel plans as of yet so I don't want to make any plans I can't keep.

That was the plan, still haven't figured everything out yet. I think he actually moved on with the whole Bedazzled thing, I'd probably lock up my makeup though if I were you.[/QUOTE]

19. Butch11443

Butch11443

Going to try and make it Saturday. Been wanting to meet some of the Michigan Hamb Members. Just moved back here from FL permanent.
    Butch

20. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Well Denise, if 17 years old fits into your adult mingle party again then I will be there. If not, I will still be at Cobo.

21. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Looks like I'll be riding up on Monsterflakes pegs. I will try my best to make it to the meet and greet. I always forget what time those things are and by the time I get there everyone is gone.

22. boss245

boss245

I have a booth in artists alley, first time showing so I am scrambling to make it happen, work gets in the way though.

I am assuming that as I can't leave autorama till after 10, the tiki bar stays open late?

23. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

One of our Young Guns with a 'puter, Mattbee has taken it upon himself to make a couple of different posters for the M&G @ Autorama. I think that he did a FABULOUS job on them! Here's one of them:

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot! Seeya there!

24. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

if that is your car in the avatar you are more than qualified:D

25. Buckle

Buckle

I will be there!!

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

see you there this year..

27. I'll try to get to the meet & greet as I will be there Saturday. But, I will be working at our display on the first floor and I don't know if I will be able to get to the meeting point at that time. Work hours have not been assigned as of today. I don't want to make this an advertisement, but if anybody stops by the GM Performance Parts display ask for Joe from the LaFontaine Automotive Group. At least we can put a face to the name and talk for awhile.

Denise, the get together sounds great, but due to time constraints I can't even consider it.Hundred mile round trip more or less each day for me as I live in Howell. On Sunday, some of my old friends and I are making our annual Autorama trip. Each year it gets more meaningful, especially since two of the guys are having major health issues. Both of these guys were there for my family when I had my emergency bypass in 98, least that I can do is be there for both of them now. We've hung out together since '67, our old group is thinning out unfortunately.

So, stop by if you can and say hi......:cool:

28. Denise;
    leaving Sacramento, CA. 9:00 tomorrow.
    Donner pass snowed in. Same for Loveland pass.
    Will have to drop down to Phoenix and take the southern route.
    Save me a hug?;)

29. coupedevil

coupedevil

See everyone Saturday at 3!

30. lowongas

lowongas

So does everyone get a poster..?!?!??!