Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amelia Island Concours Mar 11-13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hoop-in-JAX, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

Interesting line-up this year:

Bobby Rahal as 2011 Honorary Chairman

Hot Rod Lifestyle Seminar
    Panel to include Alex Xydias, "TV" Tommy Ivo, Don Prudhomme & Dean Jeffries
    Moderated by Ken Gross

Women of Racing Seminar
    Panel to include Denise McCluggage, Janet Guthrie, Jessica Brunelli, Jutta Kleinschmidt & Judy Stropus
    Moderated by Lyn St. James

Cannonball Run Revisited Seminar
    Panel to include Brock Yates, William Jeanes, Pete "Father Pete" Brock (disguised himself as a priest for the race), Anatoly Arutunoff, Oscar Kovaleski, Dick Gilmartin & Bill Brodrick

Sneak peek ... Tommy Ivo's 4 Nailhead dragster (an exact recreation supervised by Ivo) and some historical '32/'34/'36 rod/custom entries.

Not your father's concours, for sure.

http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I will be there one day, fer sure. Gary

PS Mr. Arutunoff was recently injured in an auto accident. Very serious. Doubt he will be able to attend.

3. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

"PS Mr. Arutunoff was recently injured in an auto accident. Very serious. Doubt he will be able to attend."

Unfortunately, you are, of course, correct.

4. That Friday Hot Rod seminar looks good.

5. barry mazza

barry mazza

Just returned from the Amelia Concours Show , the Aztec was invited to attend and sat with the Hot Rod Magazine Cover Cars.
    The cars were all judged , [the old fashion way] , by clip boards and open hoods ect.
    I was totally shocked that the Aztec was presented with the trophy for the "Most Audacious" car in attendence at the 2011 show. Going up against over 260 of the most out standing cars in the World.
    I'am still in shock to think that the car still can hold its own 50 plus yrs after Bill Carr and George Barris conceived it.
    The show itself was off the charts , just the best !!!
    I'am really still in shock!!
    Pix of the Aztec next to the Beach Boys "Little Duce Coupe" which looked "Bitchin"
    BARRESSE'

Attached Files: