Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects PROJECTS: What Did You GET DONE This WEEKEND??? 2/13/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Feb 13, 2011.

1. slim tempo

slim tempo

Completed polo lessons and stayed in the Waldorf Astoria. Had breakfast with the President and then flew to Hong Kong for cocktails.....Not!

Actually got the rebuilt generator back in the wagon, put new timing belt on the ricer pick-up then had a redneck 6 pack....a 40 ouncer of Miller High Life.

Life is still good when you're old.

2. willymakeit

willymakeit

Finished the wedge cut on my F100 hood, and then started blocking the epoxy to be ready for the polyester fill. Then more block sanding.

3. historynw

historynw

Did my windows today...and they work great with the nu-relics power regulators and switches.

4. MissPrint

MissPrint

Edsel's lookin' schweeeeeet, DRU!

We pretty much did the same. Just a quick cruise. BBQ and sunshine. No thrashin'. Nice to get out and enjoy the weather and the car. . .

5. boutlaw

boutlaw

Finished the seat brackets on the 31 coupe, got one seat installed.....sorta

6. Big Nick

Big Nick

I got the radiator reparied and back in the 52, started cleaning out the fridge and got the shovelhead as a roller
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Got my 394 nearly torn down. I could get done quicker but I'm trying to do things in some sort of order for a change. Organization is not my best skill.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow Big Nick, that's some good progress! I was there on friday and it was just a frame basically!!!

9. Big Nick

Big Nick

You guys motivated me!:D

10. Arominus

Arominus

I worked on my OT DD, its kickin my ass right now. Replacing all of the power steering hoses and the rack to get rid of the massive leaks. Also had to redo the Cambox gasket (started leaking oil on the exhaust) and the front brake caliper started leaking after it sat out in -15f weather for a few days so now im doing that too. I also just had the gas tank out to fix leaking hoses and replaced the transaxle mounts.

That was $1300 in parts. Stupid Porsche:p

Once im done with that madness i'm going to pull the 392 out of storage and inspect its condition now that its been sitting for a few years.

11. HotRod33

HotRod33

Drove my 33 to a hamb breakfast get together and set my 31 tudor body on the frame and cleaned up in the shop.........

12. got half my frame painted, fabricated the mount for the mustang gas tank and got it installed, welded and installed one of the crossmembers in the rearward part of the frame.

13. natas63

natas63

nice looking dodge, what year is it, i have a 68 d100 im working on

14. Got the garage ready to hang the '28 frame so that I can get started on the speedster chassis (found a '26 frame in pretty nice shape).

Stevie G and Brad54 came over last night to hang the frame- will post pics asap.

15. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I got the rearend bolted up in the Sub, dragged some parts off of the shelf and my motor out from under the bench in anticipation of building it in the next few weeks, and that's about it. Gonna see what I can get done tonight.

16. NealinCA

NealinCA

Nice design...I wonder if I can collect royalties... :rolleyes::)

Neal

17. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

My good buddy Mike came over to help me trouble shoot the electrical problem with the 54. Long story short.....small brass piece under the turn signal cam under the steering wheel was shorting out the horn.

It's been a long time since I've driven the truck and now it's ready again. Except I went out tonight and the battery was dead again. I think the battery is shot since it has been unhooked and now it's dead after a deep charge at the parts store.

18. lets see it wise guy!

19. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

worked on mounting rad and grill shell started on break lines

Attached Files:

20. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

Took these out of the shipping box and set on carbs. Also put accelerator pedal in and finished hooking up linkage.
    [​IMG]

And put a pair of these on the back
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  21. got my seats back and couldnt resist flopping the pannels in for a sneak peak to calm my urge to see it all in there!

Attached Files:

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

got the rear crossmember tacked into place and did some mock up of the gas tank to figure out how I want to build my brackets

[​IMG]

23. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

hauled a refrigerator from los gatos to napa in this.

[​IMG]

hi KIRK!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  24. No pics... but I went to Sac to buy an engine for a project I'm working on... I made a bushed part and shft for a pedal assembly for his hot rod... I worked on patching up some rust in a '55 Chevy for a friend, and I took 3 Model A axles apart so I could save the wishbones and send the rest to scrap to raise money for a friends grandson who is a special needs kid...

I also sent an e-mail to a friend and NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIS ASS BECAUSE I THINK HE THINKS I'M JOKING... Hahahaha!! Fucker.

Did I mention I had a 3 day weekend? :D

Sam

25. VonKool13

VonKool13

Got my front suspension painted. Some of the body work done on my cab, and some more of the frame welded up. Getting ready to finish this beeatch.
    [​IMG]

26. MrSpade13

MrSpade13

dropped a 59 fairlane, and rebuilt a synchromesh 3 speed 41 transmission...i need a vacation from my weekends

27. JimSibley

JimSibley

I turned this into that.

Attached Files:

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn it that thing is cool. Love the direction and execution man!!!!

29. troy5118

troy5118
    from Haven Ks

"Imation is the most sincere form of flattery"

Yep I loved yours, didn't go quite to the extent but the shape is similiar :cool: I did think it was funny that the first large diameter steering wheel I found at the swap meet was the same one!

30. Installed the radiator and replaced all the hoses on my 40 sedan flathead saturday morning and reassembled the front end saturday afternoon. Back on the road for nice weather.

I learned quite a bit about hemis on sunday when HAMBer George King started his new motor. FatKoop's 50 year old stock dual point distributor with a broken cap will fire a HEMI instantly, after a Joe Hunt takes a crap right out of the box. Success!