Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. DE I forgot...but you know that you had to raise it up about a half a pack of Export cigarettes, just to drive on those Canadien roads! Yours is probably nicer that that one anyway...not probably...for sure! A trick question...they were going to make room for a vintage air unit...did you ever hook one up? Are you coming to the 50's this year?
    G-willys

2. ts3x65mph

ts3x65mph

g-willys,
    it loved the streets here in calif. All i know is it's wicked fast ! I threw my wifes back out getting on it. Oh ya, no stinkin bags on it & it's all real steel ,just like my 3w that's not hamb freindly.

Attached Files:

3. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Bill, Naw I don't need no air! The compressor would just use up horsepower. I'll try to make BTT50's. I STILL owe you a ride!

4. Don, That is awesome and I'm sure he will enjoy those shirts. I have seen your car run at Thompson the last couple years and I believe it was at a car show at the X in Cleveland last year. The REBEL REAPER is such a cool car! I will have to stop by and say hello to you. if you'll be there again this year, as well as the S+S team

5. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

6. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

More old B&W

Attached Files:

7. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

More oldies

Attached Files:

8. ro51_hemi

ro51_hemi
    from York,Pa

yeah Randy does great work and is a good guy but for his business side if you decide to get any work done check his timeline Randy takes on way to much work for him to handle. Randy has had my Willys coupe and steel parts for around 4 years now with missed deadlines and excuses which get old to deal with hopefully we will see it back soon. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  9. ro51_hemi

ro51_hemi
    from York,Pa

great pictures Kev nice to see shots we don't have of my car hopefully it gets soon out of Randy's shop

10. ro51_hemi

ro51_hemi
    from York,Pa

I have one of those mirrors its not perfect

Attached Files:

11. Pic from 131 Dragway Martin Michigan! Big John Mazmanian's candy red 41! :)

Attached Files:

12. !Michael!

!Michael!
    from Adelaide

No problems Don It was a real experience replicating your car :) Thanks For the Merchandise to!

M

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  13. Gold Digger!
    G-willys

Attached Files:

14. Couple more pictures of my 1st coupe...bought in 1960, raced '63-'67. Sadly...I sold it in 1969. Still in the Twin City area, with a 426 Hemi in it!
    Memories!!!
    G-willys

Attached Files:

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

Heres mine. Its ugly , but its getting better.

Attached Files:

16. By all means, stop by! I will be at Thompson. I won't be at the x center. Don

Jim, I think your car is looking pretty good! I wish I could find a pile of parts to do what your doing! Oh, and the time too!

17. Weasel

Weasel

The amazing Mr. Sibley rides again - gotta follow his thread "well, I am biting off a big chunk". Frankenwillys lives....

[​IMG]

18. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Jim:

You take on some "challenging" projects. After seeing how nice your 36 Willys came out though, I know you're up for the challenge again. I'll be following your thread.

Mark

19. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

20. Weasel

Weasel

Okay guys - here's a real oddball factory photo. It's a sedan but not an Aussie Holden body. Note the squared off split windows and one slot De Luxe style bumper with the ribbed bumper guards. Factory prototype maybe???

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  21. Weasel

Weasel

Here's another shot - note the Willys Overland hood script and it looks like it may have a flat trunk too....

[​IMG]

22. Weasel

Weasel

Here's a factory photo of a Speedway coupe - note the same one slot bumper as the sedan....

[​IMG]

23. Weasel

Weasel

Gotta love those stockers and with whitewalls too! Another one slot bumper and a wiper linkage bar....

[​IMG]

24. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Weasel,
    I love those stockers and they have all eluded me. I'm still looking. They are beauty's.

25. Weasel

Weasel

Okay, I'm on a roll here - plain jane 1940 Speedway sedan - factory photo shows flat trunk. No wonder I say there are no absolutes when talking about pre war Willys....

[​IMG]

26. Weasel

Weasel

Home on the range - production 440 de Luxe sedan....

[​IMG]

27. Weasel

Weasel

28. Weasel

Weasel

441 Americar coupe factory photo....
    [​IMG]

29. Weasel

Weasel

1941 Pickemup....

[​IMG]

30. Weasel

Weasel

1941 1/2 ton Panel Delivery - there was one of these in WI a few years back. they were produced in very small numbers from 1938-1941....

[​IMG]