Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ayala-Barris Jack Stewart 1941 Ford RESTORATION has started.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This thread makes me happy. I can't believe how crude some of the work on the car is and at the same time some of it's amazing.
    All the best, I can't wait to see her done.

2. When you look at the 2 cars ....just look at the placement of the antenna on Jacks front driverside fender. Then look at ortega car. Oh ya Rik THANKS !!! for posting this photo in white primer , it is my favorite and I hope we get to see this car sprayed in white again. Looks like the Balboa days.

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

I feel like a junkie getting a fix every time this thread gets updated :D:D:D

4. banditomerc

banditomerc

x2:D

5. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

so you junkies!! this is only a small update, but something is happening!
    we finally had the body taken of the frame..and got to take a look at the rails. and it look really nice! i know that Bob, had been doing a lot of work on the frame, but we didit expect it to be so nice!
    here is my friend Bill checking it out!
    [​IMG]
    and the frontend..Bob Drake fixed the frontend, by using some parts from a 46 ford, he had..and it still looks good!
    you can also see the mounts from the cadillac flathead still in place. and that they hat to cut a bit here and there to make room for that big boat ancher!
    [​IMG]
    and finally the notch made in the rear..probably made made before the body was channeled. so must be before 48! cool history!
    [​IMG]
    palle

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

It is so great to see history unveil! Your photos rocks palle!

7. Rikster

Rikster

Who would have thought that on the same day photos of the restoration of the Ayala/Barris Jack Stewart 1941 Ford and the restoration of the Barris George/Paul "Snooky" Janich 1941 Ford would appear on the HAMB... What a great place this is... and what great and exciting times for us custom car enthusiasts...

8. X2. Wow the angle of those shocks on the back!! They must not have done much to cushion the ride.

9. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Frame wasn't replaced when it was hit by a train? Was it a train?

10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the highway signpost sections for the front shock mounts!!!

11. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Can anyone advise, is the Bill Decarr '41 Merc extant? If not, talk 'bout a car that needs to be cloned?

Wow, the Jack Stewart '41, the ''Snookymobile" whata great season for kustoms!!!!!!!!!!!

'' Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

12. Rikster

Rikster

Is still around... but further "customized" now sectioned as well.
    I think these photos (from the Barry Mazza Collection where taken in the early 1990's... I have no idea where it is now, and in what condition.
    Yes a clone is needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. That 41 merc has an interesting flow. The proportions to my eyes are spot on.

14. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

okay guys..still alive!
    after all this travelling..i better get back to work!
    the frame is blasted and in the jiig! it looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

the first thing to do, is to repair all those cuts and welds done in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres the engine mounts for the caddy flathead..done in 48

[​IMG]

the next step is just cutting, welding and grinding!..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

good fun.... the first couple of hours!!lol
    -palle

15. I love this car but im not so sure about the section though.It would hard to mess with what was already done to the car.

16. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

how are you Jeff!!!?? good to meet you!
    -palle

[​IMG]

17. csclassics

csclassics

Thanks again for the pics and updates, its great to see a car like this being restored! Very cool and great history too!!!!!

18. Im good man(well im sick at the moment but getting better). It was very cool meeting you and seeing Rik again.Im glad to contribute a small bit to your research for the Stewart car.I wish we could of hung out a little longer though,I hope you are going to try to make it to the roadster show.

19. H O L Y S H I T !!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this car, you know you have one of the baddest 51 ever right ? This photo is ORGASMIC

20. Ebert

Ebert

Same here!!! AWESOME, Palle & Rik!!! Thanks for sharing!

21. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

okay gang!..sorry for not keeping this alive!
    we are still smoking over here. maybe not as fast as i hoped for, but things are moving!

there was a lot of bad areas, that needed attention.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my parts start coming back from the powder coating, and it all looks fantastic.

[​IMG]

i have been looking for them long skirts with no luck..so i started to do my own, using the glass ones i have, as templates!

[​IMG]

and a little teaser..this is some of the pictures Rik, and i where lucky to have a copy off, when we where in the US last year! thanks to Street, Drake and Stewart!!

thanks for listening!
    -palle

[​IMG]

22. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Great work,keep it up!

23. This is such a cool car! Progress looks good, keep it up!

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have been looking forward to an update ! I am really looking forward to the body work stage...when do you think that will begin?

25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still watching, Palle. Thanks for the update.

26. one step at the time....looking good!!

27. This is a thread that I am always excited to see updated! Thanks for keeping it alive and doing such quality work for us to enjoy.

28. 296ardun

296ardun

Really appreciate the updates, not really surprised about some of the frame stuff, some of the custom shops (or custom owners) didn't take as much care with the mechanicals as they did the bodywork, kind of scary to think that this car actually drove in the old days with sections cut out of the frame.

29. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Love seeing the progress here. Keep us updated! You're doing a lot of great work.

30. Nice work on that chassis. This car is obviously being done the way each owner would have like to have done it if they had your time and resources. In the end it will be a fabulous tribute to all the caretakers who kept it alive till you could come along and to a full blown restoration. Keep up the great work.