Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 48-54 Chevy/GMC trucks! lets see em ALL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jun 19, 2006.

1. jagrod

jagrod
    from Landosnow

Looks great russtang, can you post more pics and details about the suspension and wheels please?

2. CarlosG

CarlosG

3. Maimed Rat

Maimed Rat
    from Florida

looks good, what suspension are you running?

4. dt50chev

dt50chev

Wow, beautiful truck. I better not show it to my wife, she will be begging me to paint mine like yours. Really like the cream colored accents on the grille and wheels with the burgandy paint.

5. Bears38

Bears38

Well , the passinger side sets a little closer to the ground than the driverside right now - 2 of the running board brackets are pulled back a couple inches and hadn't had time to fix 'em yet . I can't measure it until the weekend , I swapped it this week for my step daughters car to get some things fixed on it for her. It Is Low though - have to pull up on a couple of 2x8 ramps just to get a floor jack under it.

6. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

u guys running camaro and nova style 10 bolt rear ends what wheels and offsets are u running?

7. reaper71

reaper71

This is project "Orange Peel"

Attached Files:

8. oldman2

oldman2

Have a 74 Nova in mine, I am running 17"X8" TT2's with a 3-1/2" backspacing with a 235/55/17 tire and no clearance problems.

9. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

The frame is 78-87 El Camino

10. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

ok i figured out my 69 camaro rear end is the 60.25" wide.... why couldnt it be a 70 and up those are 62"

11. dan sutton

dan sutton

Here is latest pic of my '48.
    FatDaddy...my axle is a '69 Nova...also 60.5". I just used a pair of 1" billet spacers.

Attached Files:

12. Hawaiianstyle

Hawaiianstyle

This is the newest addition to my fleet, 1950 GMC Short-bed. I am in the process of collecting parts so I can start the build. So far the plan is Rebuilt/hopped up 235, with a Offy 2X1 intake and Fenton dual exhaust, 4" drop axle in front, 3 inch drop in back. All stock drive train except for the 3.55:1 rear end. WWW tires on black powder coated steelies with chrome dog dish hub caps.

That is the plan for now. I will check back in when I have made some progress.

Attached Files:

13. fonti

fonti

hey Mike, rusty was a beauty...don't know it's still in Italy.

14. buildinga55

buildinga55

Just finished, have not even got to drive it yet with all the snow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

little red 50 likes this.
  15. oldman2

oldman2

buildinga55, very nice pickup, can't wait to take a close look in May a Nat's.

16. BUXMAN66

BUXMAN66

buildinga55.... a very nice truck indeed!

17. daddio211

daddio211

DAAAAAAAAAMN! Nice pick 'em up, love the firewall!

18. aribert

aribert

I bookmarked this thread a year or two ago, meaning to post my long gone '49 but I never got around to finding and scanning the pics. Since this thread seems to have the same kind of a life as the Falcon thread, I'll finally post mine.

I bought the truck while still living in Houston. It was an old farm truck and the frame was nearly rusted thru at the bed/cab gap. I was 19 when I bought it and scabbed angle iron pieces over the rusted frame. It was a on the road renovation, rarely off the road for more than a few weeks. The truck's driveline was bone stock. My mother even drove it to work for several weeks (when her car was down) and at the time the bed was off of the truck and the cab was in multi-colored primer. Her driving the truck came to an end when some construction workers where she worked adjusted the idle WAY up and she had to drive it home that way - after that she was spooked that someone would do that again. In '85 I moved to MI and flat towed it behind my then '81 Pontiac Grand Prix (w/ 231 V6).
    [​IMG]
    This picture was taken the day that I sold it in summer of '88. Bought by a local guy and showed up 2 years later on a used car lot within a mile of my house. I went there one night and had a look at it (and was very tempted to take it for a quick spin around the block). By the time I was able to get to the car lot during business hours the truck was sold to someone in/near Traverse City, MI. None of the pictures show the darker fenders / running boards/ bumpers clearly - was a nice 10 footer with a slightly scraped up inside of bed.

The year before I sold it, I built a larger/taller garage around my existing 20x20 garage - at all times I had at least one car and a few of the larger tools under either the old or new roof . All the lumber was brought home on the back of the truck (including the 16 ft 2x6s in the standard length bed). My P/U needed to do occasional work so I mounted a non-HAMB friendly tool box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. rickman454

rickman454
    from Marion, IA

If you don't mind me asking, what did that bench seat come out of? Sweet ride!!!

20. My old shop truck I sold 2 years ago.

Attached Files:

21. HotRodPopcorn

HotRodPopcorn
    from Sparta,TN

Alright please be nice. New guys with our new project. This is a former, oh I hate to say it, Old Navy truck. It is a 1953 cab at least. I am going to say after reading what is out there that we got one of the better ones. Cab was pretty darn solid. A few patch panels here and there so far, floors and cowl panel. A friend is building a custom frame which is Z'd and plans are to keep this low. This will be a very traditional rod when finished. Right now the builder is moving shops so we are on a little hold until the end of March when next purchase will be a Mustang II front end. Have a crate 350ZZ4 ready for the power plant. Will keep you posted on progress. Here are a few shots so far.

Attached Files:

22. BUXMAN66

BUXMAN66

nice lookin project! good luck w/it.

23. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Here is my project...

24. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Here we go,,,

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      534.4 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      525.1 KB
      Views:
  25. Very Cool! I would like to see your airbag setup?

26. daddio211

daddio211

You should really considering lowering it some... :D

27. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Subscribed...great trucks!

28. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

here is mine in the works. 55 1st series