Register now to get rid of these ads!

Couldnt sleep last night thinking of the 32 Ford for $5000.00 bucks!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by six pack to go, Feb 14, 2011.

1. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

So I read a post on Cra*^slist that says 1932 Ford Model B for sale...$2800 for just the body or $5300 for the body, frame, 1951 flathead...plus all the fixings!! Im stoked just reading this so I send an email, get a reply with a number...So I call right away with all the make or break questions....Is it steel or fiberglass? Steel. Is it a coupe? Yes. does the engine run? Its not in the car but yes. ANY PICTURES? no. So now I have to wait for today....one sleepless night later and and a wife whos pissed off that Im going to look at another hot rod on Valentines Day .........I head to NYC where the project is located...NOW, I have nothing against NYC but I only enter the concrete jungle once a year to hit the Rumblers show..not a big city person...$15 in tolls and 55 potholes later, I make it to the shop wher this 1932 Model B is NOT!!!! Turns out its a clapped out Model A roadster or coupster...peices everywhere with a twisted up trunk...Man what a let down!! I didnt even tell the guys selling it that it wasnt a 32...there was about 5 of em hanging around and didnt need an argument about their 32 Ford....Just headed back to the hills of Jersey and took the family out to eat...Well, thats my 1932 Ford story... if I didnt go, I would have had alot more sleepless nights wondering if I lost out on a deal of a lifetime!! Better luck next time....always on the hunt!

-E

2. McFly

McFly

Bummer....well at least we don't all hate you right now! : )

3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

HAHAHA, yea right!! Would have been nice to be hated! Actually it would have been posted here for sale, Im a 33/34 Ford guy and got me one of them already!! lol

4. ffffugettaboutiiiiit

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Second story of a '32 turning out to be a Model a this week! Damn it!

6. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Ive been there before with a OT car. Disappointing it wasn't a 32, but if you hadn't have looked you would be kicking yourself for the rest of your life!

7. Sounds like most of my goose chases. 50% of the time the guy selling don't know what he's got.

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

The guys who had it were not hot rod guys, just mechanics trying to get their storage fees back from the guy who left it all there....Gotta check every lead!

9. SixFive

SixFive

Now you have to go check out every model A for sale in case it's really a '32:D

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

If it sounds too good to be true...well, you know the rest of it...

Especially if they didn't have any pictures to send to you...it take two minnits with a digital camera and two more minnits to upload it...

You lost sleep cuz you had visions of grandeur in your head, and what you could get cheap...

R-

11. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Hey, you hear about these great finds all the time so if someone knows that a 32 is a model B and they put that in the headline, yea I got my hopes up!! Who wouldnt????

12. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

But the one you don't go look at WILL be the real deal.

13. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Got home and took my wife to HOOTERS for Valentines Day...there, better story!!

15. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

same thing happen to me last week this guy advertises a 24 model t C cab with a custom frame and 302, nine inch. with a 32 grill and 32 front axle. yada yada yada.i get there and its a bunch of model a crap with a model t cowel and a block that has been outside for years.

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I went to look at a 32 ford and to my suprise there was indeed a 32 5 window and a chopped 3 window sharing a barn with a rpu. I was expecting the worst, and found gold.
    Stranger things have been known to happen

17. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I have been on these goose chases as well. Seems like every old car seen out by a barn or tree row is a 32 ford. I have found anything from other than Ford cars from the 30-40's to a Binder truck cab. A few old guys I see at auctions are always telling me about a 32 they found for me. I kinda get a kick out of it because at least they are on the look out.

Although I did find a 32 sitting in a back yard but you pry heard that story :D

18. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Man, don't you know that NJ luck follows you wherever you go? You gotta move out before you can shake the bad juju.

19. smarg

smarg

Ouch, that hurt my eyes to read..

That sucks bro, went to look at a '29 A roadster turned out it was a '31 chevy roadster... Ew..

Ruined my weekend.

20. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

got home after work and talked my girlfriend into showing me her HOOTERS!.

even better story!`

21. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

If I had a dollar for every mile....
    It's part of the game.I-and a lot of others here-have driven thousands of miles
    over the years chasing ads like yours or rumors of cars sitting somewhere.
    Some guys cant count doors(no sir...a 2 door does not mean 2 doors per side)
    Some guys cant remember the brand of car(no sir...your 55 DeSoto isnt a 55 Chevy)
    I'll be out chasing some cars tomorrow because you never know unless you go.

22. pitman

pitman

A favorite from years ago...the lady who placed the classified ad, son was lost in Vietnam, had bought a new "Chevy" <100 miles on it. Only two seats but otherwise nice shape...

23. toolman1967

toolman1967

You check every lead and let EVERYONE know what you are looking for and something you want will turn up. I have had all kinds of great stuff fall into my lap just because people know I am interested in all kinds of odd stuff.

24. Plowboy

Plowboy

You got off cheap. It cost me $70 bucks in tolls to go out on Long Island to pick up a car with a truck and a trailer.

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Yea man, the tolls over in NYC will kill ya! I'm surprised they don't charge you to walk the streets!
    Forget about buying a beer!!!:eek:

26. Uh they probably knew it was an A and hoped you didn't. Good choice to not start a rumble over it.

Sooo other than that did valentine's day turn out all right?

27. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

Seems like craigslist is full of people who know nothing and scams. Sunday I went to look at a 66 f100 factory 4x4 only rust was in the bed floor. I showed up and looked at the truck I think they wrote the description about 15 years ago and then never looked at it again. It was rotted from the door handles down.

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Yea, good day with the fam!!

29. sololobo

sololobo

Hey bro, you had the nads to check it out, sez some good stuff about ya. One never knows, bummer when you find out it ain't real, but ya gotta check'em out if ya can. Then have the courage to tell the wild goose chase story. Kudo's man! ~sololobo~

30. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I had the be the bearer of bad news to a buddy once, that his 32 Ford roadster he had in storage for at least 25 years was in fact, a Model A on a deuce frame. He would have bet his life on it being a 32, just never picked up on the differences.