Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 Ford Resto Rod Pick Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Ford!!, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Here is a pic of a project I am working on (wish I could say I have done all the work, but I haven't). It's a 40 Ford Pick Up "Resto Rod." Here is where I am at right now. It will have a '53 Merc flatty cranking out a whopping 150 hp (that I am building) and will be chopped about 3 1/2" when all is said and done. Not the final tires either. :cool: Like to know what yall think. Be nice!!

Attached Files:

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

got pics of the bare or rolling chassis? *edit* just checked album, good lookin work

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

4. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Yes, I also was going to complain about the lack of pic's. It looks good ,I have one waiting ,if I can ever get to it.

5. There wasn`t alot of room in those early pick-ups to start with, with a chop... It looks great so far!

6. josephs6392

josephs6392

40 pickups are just sexy arent they? I like em topless but yours looks cool man!:D

7. Ok, let me try and post a few more pics of the build so far. Boy this HAMB is not easy to post pics......
    1. The frame gets a Z
    2. T5 trans in place
    3. Original frame just before sandblasting

Attached Files:

8. Oh yeah, due to the lack of height after a modest chop we decided to channel about 4" over frame and rather than just run the floor pan straight across and lost the 4" we are going to follow the crossmembers across and pick most of it back up. Also, I am going with hanging pedals rather than frame mounted. This should also give more leg room.

9. alleyoop

alleyoop

very nice a good year

10. ONAROLL

ONAROLL
    from Oklahoma

doing something similar this is a 6" chop

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      490.3 KB