Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mokan elevation

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by benchseat4speed, Feb 8, 2011.

1. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Whats the altitude at the strip?

2. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

HAMB Drags '03 (the first one) was lower than death valley. Hot as Hell. They must have raised it to 940 ft.

3. It's either 920 or 940. As hot and muggy as it was this past year 20ft don't matter too much.

Racer29
    Colo Springs, CO

4. jody1833

jody1833

Here are a couple of pictures of my favorite track (MoKan) last week. Who has a snow shovel? Let's go racing!

Shiny Shoes Fuel Altered 077.jpg

Shiny Shoes Fuel Altered 078.jpg

5. budrow

budrow

Actually I think it was deeper than it looks.

6. jody1833

jody1833

Yep, it is. If you look in this picture you can see the score boards (finish line). Whatever the elevation it is, and regardless of the summer heat, it gets cold too. But.....that snow is mostly all gone less than a week later, and it will be 65 on thursday. When i travel between Springfield and Wichita I take the long way so I can drive by the track.... I know, it is stupid, but it puts a grin on my face....

Attached Files:

7. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Between Feb. 1 and Feb. 9 we got about 26 inches of snow at Mo-Kan. Most of that came during the "blizzard" on Feb. 1. Plus on the night of Feb. 3rd it was -10.

I actually got the Kubota tractor high centered and stuck in a drift.

8. silverdome

silverdome

Don't you just love living in the middle of this great country. Hot as hell in the summer and colder than a witches tit in the winter, coupled with the best little dragstrip (my personal opinion) in the U.S.A.

9. I noticed the '11 schedule is coming together. Fun drags up and running, Mopars Invade sheduled for April 2................better than Easter weekend but sure to be cold.

10. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Easter this year is on April 24. prolly a little warrmer tha n the 2nd.

The elvation is right at 940 feet - years ago a bunch of us used to fly over there to watch the races. we would land alongside the highway to the east, park the plane, walk over and spend a few hours before taking off in the grass and heading home.

Lundy

11. hillbilly 33

hillbilly 33

mo-kan is the best dragstrip i have been to as far as my opinion goes. i like the people and the crowds are great

12. yep, probably watch it snow.

13. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Thats why iam STUCKIN, KANSAS
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

14. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

You are probably right!!! snowed last night and more on the way tonight.

Lundy

15. Yep, it is definitely the best. Out in the country like they ought to be.

16. Chaquan

Chaquan
    BANNED
    from New York

If you are in this picture you can see the score board (the end). Whether it is above sea level, regardless of the hot summer months, the weather turned cold. But most of all ..... this snow is gone, after less than a week, it will be 65 on Thursday...

17. davidparker

davidparker

At noon the attitude is about 2 beers, at 4:00 the attitude is about 10 beers. Oh my bad, your were asking about altitude. The altitude is "mile high and so am I"... Can't wait!!!

18. Hey Kevin,

Did your '56 get picked? I'm in. What day are you going over to Joplin?

Ken

19. Gathering weather station and barometer info for a nostalgia Drag... I'm not knocking it but I have to chuckle as it is ironic. Gotta love it. See ya in August.

20. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Ken! Whats up?? Yes she made the cut, and My Dad and I will prolly drive out on Thursday. I know a couple other guys are headin out from Aurora, I'm guessing Thursday also. We oughta meet someplace and convoy most of the way. What are you thinkin? Kev

21. We are actually leaving Wednesday after I get off from work. I have a good friend in Plato, MO that I am going to visit with the better part of Thursday then head to Joplin that evening and then go the the Springfield swapmeet on Friday.

22. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Schweet. Hope alls well in Plato after the goings on in recent history....I will get your number before we all leave so if you're broke down or something we're right behind....err, a day behind. Also I'm planning on hittin at least one of your cruises this summer. My broken Indian friend lives down there and I gotta get him outta the house to go cruisin:cool: Kev

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011