Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anybody Identify this old tach??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by orangejuiced91, Feb 14, 2011.

1. orangejuiced91

orangejuiced91

It says made in USA and it is all metal. It had black wrinkle paint on the back part but most has flaked off. I took the back part off to look inside and it has a phillips head screw to turn for 4,6, or 8 cyl. No name on the tach at all.

[​IMG]

2. orangejuiced91

orangejuiced91

I did find a number on the bottom of the face. 63003580

3. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

Looks like an old sun tach I used to have

4. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

It's made by RAC. AKA Rac Tac. Sold at Gemco, White Front, K mart etc. Also sold by Sears under the Roger Penske name.

5. orangejuiced91

orangejuiced91

cool. So from about what year would it be from?? What is it worth??

does anybody know which wires go to what??

red
    black
    green
    yellow
    blue

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have one just exactly like it. Paid $5.00 like 3 years ago. DOn't know if it works, looks like it will. Pretty nice cndition, maybe better than that one. Just sayin...

7. orangejuiced91

orangejuiced91

the chrome is a little pitted. I know it use to work but that was 15 years ago. I bought the tach when I was in High school for about 5 bucks from a buddy that found it in a junk car. I sold the car in 95. I just recently was able to buy the car back and Ive seen all these vintage tachs on here and It got me wandering if it would be cooler to restore this tach and use it or buy one of the new SunPro repop.

8. yea that's Esther son of brother Dick, lived on the hill. Played ice skating and roller derby, died last week, the whole family died.

Looks like an RAC to me, or any number of other names that it was marketed under. they were common tachs in the '60s inexpensive and they functioned.