Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS! Indy Road Rockets-World Of Wheels 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClayMart, Feb 13, 2011.

1. A little break in the weather and a great bunch of cars and trucks! :D

The perfect way to fight the winter-time blues. :cool: Good job, everyone. Well worth the trip from Ft. Wayne!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Nice photos. That 56 is a stunner!

3. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Great pics thanks...

4. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Thanks to everyone involved, another great show, had a blast.....

5. You're welcome. Glad to post 'em for anybody who couldn't make it to the show. The "no ropes" policy in the Road Rockets' area makes it a lot easier to get good shots. And that same attitude seems to even be showing up more and more in the other halls. :cool:

Here's another batch. You could even get your butt pinstriped, I guess. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. And one last load. Enjoy! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MODELA30

MODELA30

Cool pics!!!!!! When is the road rockets show in indy? At the hotel down there. I had a great time last year and i dont want to miss it this year at all please let us know. Knuck from indiana.

8. skoh73

skoh73

Kool pics Clay- thanks for posting!

9. Check out their website. Scroll down the page a ways for all the details. The Rumble's always a great show too!

http://www.indyroadrockets.com/index2.html

10. Skoh?!!??! What are you doing here? :confused:

Ummm... Dogs love cheese I guess, eh? :rolleyes:

11. Dolle

Dolle

that was a great show.. I'll be back next year for sure..

12. fbama73

fbama73

Dolle- if the car in the avatar is yours, thanks for bringing it! I never get tired of looking at that roof treatment.

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man, I want to know more about this induction system, I LIKE it!!
    Great pics, thanks for posting.

Doc.

14. rooman

rooman

Doc,
    that is the nailhead in my mate Joe Kerr's "A" coupe. It lives right across the drive from my shop so I can send pix of anything you want.

Roo

15. fordrat

fordrat
    from Tennessee

Thanks for posting the pics for those of us who couldn't make it. The Road Rockets always seem to put on a good show. The other dates for their other show it June 24, 25, 26.

16. Nice shots.....

17. pitman

pitman

Seeing these pics, it reminds me of many of the shows of yore, when there was no angel hair and mirrored chrome frames. A lot of nice clean work, thanks for taking us along to see it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Great pics...thanks for posting.....
    Makes spring look a bit closer !!

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Roo, PM sent.

Doc.

20. Doc-

Here's another view of the same engine from a different angle that I took at the same show last year.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated by this car, especially the engine. It's obviously clean as a pin, but I think it might be the fact that it doesn't have anything chromed or polished on it. The valve covers are painted gray for god's sake, and it doesn't say "Buick" on it anywhere that I can recall. It's got a commercial, military, industrial sort of look to it. Nothing about it screams "Look at me!" but I have trouble not staring at it. :confused:

21. MODELA30

MODELA30

Hey thanks claymart june it is. Knuck from indiana.

22. Yeah, I had to miss last year's Rumble and I'm still a bit P.O.'d about it. :mad: So I'll be there with a vengance this year! :D

23. MODELA30

MODELA30

Used to hang out in Fort Wayne on some weekends a long time ago had some biker budds out there. We would go to Brandy's is that place still there. 30 and I think collosium is that right. KNUCK FROM INDIANA.

24. LOL! :eek: Brandy's Gentlemen's Club. You sure hung around in one of the classier joints when you visited Ft. Wayne! Still in business out on West Colisem Blvd., I think. Across from the old Fortmeyers Truck Stop. The closest I get to the place is an occasional trip to the Liberty Diner about rock throwin' distance down the road. :D

25. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

ClayMart, Thanks for the great coverage. Looks like a cool show. Slim

[​IMG]

26. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

[​IMG]

One of Von Dust's jobs. Won People's Choice. Love it.

27. VonDust

VonDust

"One of Von Dust's jobs. Won People's Choice. Love it."

Awe... thanks mom.

28. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

The Road Rockets would like to thank everyone who participated in this Motorama 1962! We had an outstanding turnout considering all of the crazy weather that came upon us in the week before the show. A lot of dedication and support was evident in all those who spent days digging away at 6 inches of ice and snow to make it to the show. The same dedication and support was evident in all those who spent long nights out in the garage feverishly working on their rides to debut them at the show, you could still smell the fresh paint on some, LOL! Everyone worked so hard to ensure that everyone had an awesome time, with great exhibitors, great vendors and great bands, how could have not been an awesome weekend. The list is too long to name everyone, but please know you are all thanked and greatly appreciated! We so look forward to having everyone for the Rumble June 23-25 (remember to pre-register) and we certainly look forward to next years Motorama, the social event of the winter season! BTW For all of you who have taken some great pics of the show, keep'em coming, they look great!

29. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks like there was something there to please just about everybody. thanks for posting.

Frank