Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Shop Theory

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T Hudson, Feb 13, 2011.

1. One of the car guys here in town showed me his antique store find, a copy of Shop Theory Henry Ford Trade School. It is a cool book that gives you all the basics from measuring to machining.

I thought that it was so cool I bought one of ebay. It was a 1944 edition and I was surprised to find a card from the Milwaukee County USO in its pages.

:cool:

2. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

I've got a copy of that book as well. It is a good book and useful beyond the fact that it is conversation piece. Mine is also a 1944 edition.

Synopsis:

"Eliminating all non-essentials, this book gives you a quick working knowledge of the basic tools, machines, and instruments, and the fundamental operations of machine shop work. It tells you how all the machines and tools were developed, how they are constructed, and how to operate them. It explains heat treatment and gearing. It includes the mathematics needed for shop work, and stresses safety rules. Every step of machine shop work is pictured clearly both in text and illustrations. An industry-developed shop course which already has helped prepare thousands of men for payroll jobs."

3. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Inherited my Dad's '43 edition that he bought used for $1 when he was an apprentice at P&W before joining the Navy during the second big one. A great reference for info that will never be out dated. Well worth picking up if you run across one for reasonable bucks.

Ed

4. matt1929

matt1929