Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Indy World of Wheels 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rooman, Feb 12, 2011.

1. rooman

rooman

A few last shots with a personal connection.

Joe Kerr's nailhead powered "A". Joe's shop is right across the parking lot from mine and I watched this one go together from the frame rails up.
    [​IMG]

It is a real driver too. Joe has already worn out a pair of those Firestone dirt track tires in one fun filled summer of driving to events all over the Eastern part of the country..
    [​IMG]

The latest project from the Jokerr shop. Not totally done yet but visually killer and it drew a lot of attention at the show. Willie even had people trying to buy it off the show floor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of Jokerr's earlier projects for a customer in Cincy.
    [​IMG]

The latest out of my shop for Glenn Lever (carshopowner here on the HAMB). He will learn to drive it with the single four barrel Pontiac motor while building a new blown unit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yesterday some of the NHRA "big show" drivers were signing autographs on the stand so we put my mate Antron Brown in Glenn's car. Glenn is 6'4" tall so Ant had plenty of room.
    [​IMG]

Roo

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Thanks for sharing. That gray deuce roadster is a killer.

3. rooman

rooman

I use a Canon Rebel XT with the standard 18-55 lens. It is actually my shop camera for documenting my builds for customers. I should really invest in a good IS lens or be smart enough to remember to take my monopod to the shows but it is easy this way. I have the factory battery grip and that adds a bit of bulk to the camera and makes it easier to hang on to. The built in flash is too small and the 580EZ bulks the whole package up too much for the way that I like to shoot as shows like this. Image file sizes are generally around 2mb at the settings that I use at shows and in the shop.

Roo

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

not if you want to keep your seeds intact bro :eek: :p

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the shots.

Damn!
    [​IMG]

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

6. choptruck

choptruck

Where can I get info for this show for next year?

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Thanks for the pictures rooman! It was a good show considering a change in the folks running it.

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Google, Indy World of Wheels?

9. Roo..
    you done good......

:)

10. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Go to the Indy Road Rockets site. Indyroadrocket.com. Or Worldofwheels.com I doubt if anything is there yet for next year. I think it's the same weekend in Feburary as always.
    Keep tuned to this post it should be up dated with some info for next year.

11. paintcan54

paintcan54

12. Ha! You nailed me and a buddy in this pic when we weren't watching! At a glance this car seems fairly simple but I can't stop staring at it and finding more and more great little details. Nice pics, thanks for posting them. I'll try to get some of my shots up later today. Enjoyed chatting with you! :D

13. the other me

the other me

Great pics, thanks Roo.

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

that'd be what i'd have thought

15. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Looks like some cool stuff Roo. Thanks for sharing.

16. Thanks for th good pics. Its nice to see so much hot rod stuff at WOW shows again.

17. orangejuiced91

orangejuiced91

Could you post any more pics of the Gold 64 Galaxie??

18. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Got to go over on saturday. Was a pretty good show again. Lots of nice cars in the Rocket's area. Pictures posted pretty much covered most of the Hamb material. Also got to talk with Winfield again, probably my favorite part! Thanks!

19. fbama73

fbama73

We got there early, and were gone by about 4:30. I wanted to get home and head out to the garage!

20. Goose

Goose

Great shots of the show!!!

21. primed34

primed34

Rooman Mike Ralston pinstriped my '55 Chevy at Arlyn Fulk's shop in 1977. Still have the car. Looks the same as it did then. Damn, that was a long time ago.

22. Yup, that's my 63 Plymouth Valiant.

23. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

great pics thanks....

24. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Yes this is a Olds drivetrain we just recently finished,Even the block was polished before painting

Ive got a video of the engine running on the dyno,but Im not sure how to post it on here

Tony

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  25. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I THOUGHT THAT DUDE ON THE BACK WALL WAS VERY HANDSOME!!!!!!!:eek:

26. carshopowner

carshopowner

Here are some more pictures from the show.

Are you going crazy being cooped up in your house with no good car shows to go to.

Well now with the Lever know how you can go to a car show right now with no cost and will not slow your e-mail down

I have uploaded over 400 pictures of the World of Wheels car show from Indiana

If you want a copy of any of the pictures uploaded in a larger, High Quality format, send me your e-mail address and the picture number and I will send you a 5 meg JPG file of the picture

http://rochesterstreetrods.org/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=147

Attached Files:

27. carshopowner

carshopowner

yes he did and he did well with it. See below

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  29. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Great job on this years World of Wheels and the Motorama 1962. I called it the shiney side and the Motorama all week end. I entered a car in the Motorama AND had four swap meet booths as well. Both went very well, the swap meet was good and i even found a few treasures etc. Most of the parts were assorted speed equipment and very little "jap crap ". Good job Kyle on the swap meet !!
    Motorama was the best ever, good assortment of cars and lots of paint this year. Art Adams ( Rock and Roll Hall of Famer) was over the top for entertainment and Road Rockets was on the throttle!!!!!!
    I also spent some time on the shiney side as well, GREAT assortment as well from John Cooper and Red Bledsoe. There was some really cool cars up thee as well. Jake Knapp won a "rising star" award with the yellow Model A Speedster, Roo Mans latest was pretty nice, and the new Joker 32 was killer.
    Move in and out was the best ever and over all i have planned for next year already .
    Take a bow WOW dudes..........................:eek::D

30. Great pics. Looks like it was a great show.

Any of you Indy folks coming to Detroit for Autorama? I have an 6x2 intake at Dickster27's and am trying to get it brought up to Detroit. PM if me if you know anyone that may be able to help.