Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone just stole Larry Watson's Ranchero!! *update on page 7* FOUND!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

If some folks would just think about what they are going to say before they say it we sure can head off some of this "DRAMA"!
    Growing up in So.Cal. in the 50's and 60's Larry was one of my biggest heros, I still have a ton of respect for him and his work.
    Just a thought!

2. Added to my Facebook page. Hope it helps.

3. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Thief on a bike? Sounds like the work of a tweeker. Must have known no one was home.

4. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

yep

5. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

So if the thief was on a bike, the car is likely moving under its own power.

If the car is spotted, it'd only take a handful of people standing guard in front of it to keep the thief from moving it again. Hopefully by then a police report will be filed so a call to the local authorities will get them to show up.

6. Sorry to hear this. Good luck to all involved. I will add this to my Fb page.

7. MODELA30

MODELA30

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yeah, i believe they CAN start a case file because as you mentioned, the gate was pried open and the garage showed signs of forced entry... something does not sound right about the cops not being able to file till a family member contacts them...

9. Deuces

Deuces

Unf**kingbelievable!!:rolleyes:

10. How about a sticky?

11. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I cant say what i really want to say so I will say this..what a drag..hope they catch them..
    now isnt that about as apathetic as the police get about these things?

13. dragdaddyO

dragdaddyO

What ever happened to the good ole linch mob? Get a Rope!!

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I know that Brent meant well and let's don't hate him for his comment. Back to the top and hope they catch this guy and get Larry's car back for his family.

15. Btt -good luck !! Hope they catch the bastard and find leads to other thefts as well..

16. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I want to thank you a lot for the help in Merced, Hope to meet and thank you personally. Larry Watson is on his way south to Victorville now. After I got a call this morning I called some friends that live in the area,know the car and new the Late Larry Watson, we have a lot of friends looking. This is being taken personal. Roger

17. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Oh okay, my apologies!

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

R O'D ---Anytime for HAMB or LBCC folks. I wish there was alot more I could do being in the position I am. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

I wish the best for Larry, his family, and the museum/house. Lets hope the artifacts and history are still preserved and they only wanted hock-able goods.

19. Von Franco

Von Franco

Dirty rotton mother fuckers,..........

20. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

if it was a tweeker on a bike chances are it will be found within 20 miles , hopefully its not damaged too bad and they catch the guy . seriously doubt they even know whos car it even was.....just something with a bed to put all the copper and outher shit they are stealing in . too bad the family couldnt find'em before the cops do cuz around here car thieves barely get a slap on the wrist !

21. Mercchev

Mercchev

22. seatex

seatex

what BS! Hope it is recovered and the punk gets whats coming to him!

23. revscrub

revscrub
    from california

If the scum-bag drives thru Fountain Valley, he's a dead man!!!

24. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Hopefully this is the case, it just happened to a buddy of mine. His truck was stolen, a day later they caught the guys with the truck trying to steal copper from a local farm, had a high speed chase and the cops lost the truck when they went off road. Truck was found a few days later abandoned, and pretty beat up. But they DID find it.

25. btt....for the late nighters....sad stuff....

26. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Since there was a bike left behind it is most likely a dumb assed kid going out for a joy ride and they will probably find it trashed later.What a shame it was a nice clean ride. Friggin thieves have no respect for your property. Bad carma will bite them in the ass later.

27. jerryjagger

jerryjagger
    from salinas Ca

IDK if it'll make it to my parts in Salinas, but I will keep my eyes open. I was in Stockton & didn't see anything earlier today.

28. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

29. cj92345

cj92345
    from so-cal

will keep an eye out

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not necessarily even though it is likely. A guy riding a bike through the neighborhood might not be noticed but a couple of guys in a strange truck or car might draw attention right off especially if one lets the other out close to the house.

It sure wouldn't hurt to see if there are any video security cameras in the area that might have shown the guy on the bike though.