Register now to get rid of these ads!

Valenti Classic's car shop fire?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzface, Feb 12, 2011.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface

Heard that Valenti Classic's in Wi. had a fire that started in the shop side but don't know anymore. Heard it uptown. Anyone else here anything?

2. funk 49

funk 49

when was this? I drove by there yesterday and everyting was ok. They were loading another car hauler. I know for months they have had a sign up saying that they were moving.

3. funk 49

funk 49

I just looked it up on calenonia patch. Said fie was at quarter to 7 last night and caused by welding on a 55 chevy. They were closed and no employees were there.

4. fuzzface

fuzzface

I was happy to see post 2 but post 3 doesn't sound good if no one was there at the time. How much damage? just the shop?

I didn't know they were moving. You know where?

I tried looking up Milwaukee fires and got nothing. you mention Calenonia but i think you mean Caledonia, so I'll look that up. That rings a bell. Been a while since i've been out that way.

5. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i heard on the radio there wasnt much of any major damage, no cars damaged, but who knows if tahts right

6. funk 49

funk 49

Sorry, it is caledonia, I don't type well and should proof read better. I don't know where they are moving,just that the sign has been up. I don't know if it was the front building with the showroom with the shop in the back,or the loweer building for storage with other work area.

7. I hope that no cars were hert

8. was by there recently and did not see any thing . going there again soon maybe will see or hear about it. was just talking about the place ,use to go there with my father when bobby adoms own it. was there when the corvette was put on roof.cool childhood memory!

9. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

I moved away from the IL/WI border area years ago. That's the place that used to have the Corvette on the top of the building right?

10. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

Fire contained in the shop. A '55 up on a hoist burned pretty badly and damage the roof above it. A Galaxy and VW in the shop were covered in soot but should be OK.